yes its embarrasing...BUT need to know

Options

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    OP posted this thread in September of 2012. I would hope she has her sh1t together by now.
    Iv1lZgh.gif
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I'm rather envious of those of you who poo every day. I'm a once a week girl, always have been. That, for me, seems to be normal.
    Q6RG2FE.gif
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I got one word for you -

Prunes

That is all :)
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    actually i have been having issues with this..and working at getting as much fiber as i can... i get kinda constipated and not go for a day or 2 then all of a sudden i get sick to the stomach and have to go... and its mostly liquids or soft.. for years now i have to have the heat on or i get a nasty chill up my back and i get sick to my stomach usually no matter what... asked docs about it..but all they say is eat more fiber..which dont seem to be helping.. and occationally i get this other issue..which i have not heard of any where..but to describe it..it would be like dry heaves..but only from the south end..... painfull... and for a bit of gross since of humour... got up one time and went to flush and happened to catch soemthing that didnt look right... well all i saw was salad and carrots like in coleslaw.. lol..nothing else. forgot to add some times feels like acid.

That sounds like a pretty bad case of IBS or othe GI issue - my advice is see a different doctor!
  • matthewsism
    Options
    I'm sure prunes have been mentioned but how yucky are prunes? Has anybody mentioned lentils? Nothing makes me poo more than lentils. Lentils are an excellent replacement for meat in chilli. If your a vegetarian now but once loved beef bourguinon then lentils cooked in red wine you will love love love. And then you will poo poo poo.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It all depends on my coffee intake!! Otherwise, I can pretty much set my clock by it...daily. Which is awesome because there are TWO of us in my entire family that do not suffer from IBS!!! They all go about 8-10 times a day!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?? or well just fluids in general doesn't have to be water but that could be a major problem
  • mmccance123
    Options
    I'm not sure what is "regular" for others, but for me?.... once or twice a day is my NEW norm. I used to be constipated all the time (for years -- I was once in the hospital for 12 days and only went once!!), after I started doing "low carb" -- I was not eating any fruit because I thought it was too high in sugar. But in between my good low carb days, and fasting once or twice a week, I was binging on sweets. It finally dawned on me (duh!) that I should just include fruit and cut out the sweets. Once I made that change I started going more on a daily basis. I also took some probiotics which I think helped, too.

One more thing -- I had started to have leg cramps when I eat too many carbs and have magnesium on hand for those times when I get leg cramps. It also aids is the "poo" department.

Fact is, I'm kind of surprised that I'm going so regularly now and am glad of it!!

Hope you find the solution you desire!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    OH if you still can't go juice a lemon into 8oz water right as soon as you wake up and stick near the bathroom lol or I know coffee does it for some people
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling "pressure" in your guts you should be going shortly, if you're not feeling pressure don't worry about it.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Each body's different. I have IBS, so my "regularity" isn't like others.
  • BUMPSTEAD
    BUMPSTEAD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely can tell you that eating rights blocks you right up. You would think that all them fruits and veggies will make you go but they have the opposite effect. You will probably have to take something to make you regular.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can pretty much poop on demand, my wife calls me "Wonder-Guts"
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    omgawd! :blushing: this is a bit personal!

'an apple a day keeps the doc away' same goes for pooping according to docs.

i was warned to drink more water as well as fibre when i went on a healthy diet or it may cause constipation.
    If i did have any problems to try drinking a milky coffee every morning .
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    LOL I have seriously cracked up reading this whole thread! Especially the comic... I laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to poop! Anyways, I recently watched or read something on pooing and I can't remember where. But it said that if you are already blocked to actually cut back on fiber as that is blocking you up. Then to up water, be active and... check your fat levels. Turns out that the reason why most people get blocked up when they change their diet is that fat is something a vast majority of people unknowingly cut back on without trying. And I mean the good fats that you find in foods like avocados, oils, nuts, etc. Why? Because when you're watching cals, high fat items are also the highest calorie per volume foods. That means people usually cut way back on them to save on calories. So, if you're clogged, the perfect food to unclog you is in fact an avocado because they are a near perfect mix of fat and fiber! Prunes work, but nothing like an avocado. And because they are 'neutral', you can even put them in other foods like smoothies or muffins and get the benefits if you aren't a fan of them just sliced up with some salt and pepper. Here's to a happy colon! :D
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Peter Griffin.

I find lots of fiber and water and FAT helps with going.. it's perhaps the fat that you are missing in your diet.

Back in college I was in this low fat vegetarian phase (gosh never again) and would just eat lots of oatmeal and vegetables.. and I was wondering WHY I was SO constipated.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    women don't poop!

This
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    For some it's normal to go 3 times a day, for others every 3 days.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Different people have different 'normals' of #2 as you call it. Some every day, some twice a day, some every other day....most common is every day about the same time unless you travel, or do something very differently. Remember the 3 Fs: feet fiber and fluids so get moving, eat fiber (fruit - prunes, grapes, fiber cereal) and fluids - drink more water. Hope it helps...oh and sometimes if a person takes new medication that can be one of the side effects.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water helps too :)