Best weightloss calculator I've EVER come across.

Options

Replies

• curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool, thanks for sharing. You have to play with it for a bit to really get the maximum value of all of its features but definitely worth it
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    This is great!! Thank you:heart:
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    It's pretty interesting that it seems to suggest that intermittent fasting isn't as effective as a simple caloric deficit, at least for me.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I have a question. I selected "standard recomp" and it set me up for 1666 on rest days and 2400-something on workout days. If I select "maintain" it sets me up for 2020 for rest days and workout days. So my question is: is eating a lot more on workout days really more effective for body recomp than spreading those calories evenly throughout the week? It gives the extra calories in fat and carbs, and leaves protein alone which surprised me. When I saw the extra cals, I thought maybe extra protein.

Anyway, I just kind of prefer to eat around 2000 everyday to eating less on rest days and more on workout days but I prefer body recomposition even more than I prefer that. lol

Ok thanks if anyone has any info :smile:
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP to look at later! Thanks!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    Bump :)
  • marj972
    marj972 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome. It gives me the same numbers my BMF does. Most calculators are so off. Thanks for sharing!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That calculator has very weird pre-sets, though: without me changing anything it put me on a plan with a 50 cal deficit per day, meaning it would take 3 1/2 years for me to lose the 10 kg I need to lose. Or maybe I'm just being an idiot, that's entirely possible.

I tried all kinds of combos and it basically tells me for all of them that it will take me almost a year to lose 25 lbs?
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Interesting, very very interesting!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So call me slow... but I'm fairly new at this... so then is the caloric intacke that MFP is telling us correct, as from what I see this calculator is saying I should be eating way more??? #confused
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is super fascinating... according to this, I am not eating nearly enough even in my bulks to build muscle (I had kind of suspected as much) and it's kind of inevitable that I will lose lean mass during my cuts at my current rate. Gonna have to play with it quite a bit to figure out what I should be doing I think!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! I really am doing the right things lol
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    bump