Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love mine, but hate the nick names for it.....Victoria is a beautiful name...so idk why anyone would call me Vicky or Vic...Tori i do on the other hand like:)
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    Danita - I am on the fence about mine, I wish it was simpler because I have wasted HOURS of my life spelling it for people and endured the Worst name calling as a kid (dumnita, da-need-a brain,....).

I disliked the uniqueness of it, myself I like old plain names like my kids have; Audrey and Emmett. But Danita is who I am now, and my husband LOVES my name. SO that is a good thing.
  • yogini_runner
    Options
    Brittany- I didn't come across another Brittany until I was in high school, then I came across a ton in the younger crowd when I hit the workforce. I'm cool with it, because most people call me Brit.
  • franmetamorphisis
    franmetamorphisis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My name is Francheska, I hated it growing up. People use to pick on me, call me French fries , San franciso, Fresca... But I definitely grew into my name, I AM Francheska Evalisse... On top of two long names, I got two last names. So I can say I love my name, just hate when people repetitively call it!
  • franmetamorphisis
    franmetamorphisis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm Aldora. Yep, hated it as a kid. Wanted to be a Susan. But now that I'm older, it fits me perfect. (and it means "winged gift")

I love your name!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Rita. I think it's kind of an old lady name, but I like it.. I just don't like how Americans say it (Ree-duh)
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Not a fan of my first name, but I LOVE my last name... it's Miracle.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No. My name is Casey. I shared a class room with 3 other Casey's growing up........... all of them boys.

I am referred to Cassie or Stacey more than I am called by my actual name. I had an elderly lady in my office the other day arguing with me that Im not Casey, because Casey is a mans name, and Im clearly not a man. And the icing on the cake: I received my *address labels" from a local charity that I dontate to, and they said Mr. Casey XXXXX. Thank you- thank you very much.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My name means fossilized tree sap...woo hoo...haha ok, but when you think of it as a gem - a beautiful orange-yellow gem that holds things together, preserving something perfectly...then it sounds cool :)

My name is Amber, named from yellow highlights in my dark hair when I was born. My parents could not agree on a name until I was born.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I was named after my aunt...a name that was definitely quite popular in her day, but NOT popular at all in my time. I am 28, and no one my age ever had my name. There were a million Jennifers, Katies, Ashleys, and Jessicas walking around and only one of me. I didn't like my name when I was younger because it was so old-fashioned, but I do like it now. I think it suits me.

**edit: I guess it's not a big deal to write down my first name on here; it's Susan**
  • msacurrie
    Options
    In response to the girl who says she's 27 and named Mary:

I didn't know any Mary's my age when I was growing up (I am 23, not named Mary though haha) but when I went to college I met a ton of Mary's! It's more common for the younger crowd than I realized!
  • msacurrie
    Options
    My name is Daniel....originally a Hebrew name, meaning, "Only God can judge me." LOVE IT!

Actually, it means "God is my judge" - and indeed, He is the judge of all. Daniel is my brother's name, but he usually goes by Dan. I like the name Daniel much better - it is a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning! Always think of the book of the Bible, Daniel, and Daniel within the lion's den!

www.NeedGod.com
  • Jes_ika
    Jes_ika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My name is jessica and I hate it.. Way too popular
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    First name Billie
    Middle name Jo

So everyone calls me Billie Jo

I used to HATE it growing up and it is still not my fav. Everyone always asked me if my parents wanted a boy :huh:
  • searolex
    Options
    First name Billie
    Middle name Jo

So everyone calls me Billie Jo

I used to HATE it growing up and it is still not my fav. Everyone always asked me if my parents wanted a boy :huh:

My parents must have had the same thought. I was christened “Alex Robin”. At school I was ribbed about it and started calling myself Alexis. I keep changing my mind about it.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    First name is Angela...don't like to be called Angela, it sounds snobby to me...most call me Angie, which I like, those closest to me call me Ang.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I remember being in 5th grade or so...we had to stand up and say our middle name. I was horrified at the thought, and I was right. After school everyone kept asking me what my middle name was, and why was it so stupid. I tried to explain I was named after my grandma who was one of the first female CHP's, and it still didn't matter. I was teased relentlessly because of it. To this day, I never use my middle name, not even my initial. Funny how your childhood can do something like that to you.