Options
    where do you find the south beach diet?
  • Melissa09x
    Options
    bump
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have the book but you can Google South Beach diet Phase 1 menu I think i posted a few websites a few pages back...
  • angelarose765
    Options
    Count me in!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Im not sure who is still doing south beach but Im 100% starting phase 1 tomorrow and will stay strong for 2 weeks and then move to Phase 2
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm following you guys. I'm interested in starting a low-carb diet soon. I'm just not sure which one. I have ordered Jonny Bowden's Living the Low Carb Life (which presents and compares all the different low-carb diets). I've been following the "eat clean" diet for a long time, which I started because it helped me get the sugar out of my diet. Carbs are my last hurdle and my biggest resistance as far as giving them up! I'm not sure how to give up my morning oatmeal, tortilla wraps, triscuit crackers, and a few other things that I like to eat almost daily. I really want to at least try low carb to see how it makes me feel. I just don't know exactly where to begin!

Cheryl
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!!!

Today is day 1 of starting phase 1 again :blushing: :bigsmile:

My current weight is 150

My goal weight is 135 by july

Im planning on drinking 100 oz of water a day, workout for a hour or two daily and pray to stay strong through the next two weeks...

Cherapple:

If you like you can start phase 1 with us it's only two weeks and after that you learn to add healthy carbs back into your life without over doing it. I did southbeach back in sept and lost 12 pounds within the first two weeks and after a few days on the program i wasn't craving sugar or carbs any more. I was able to go out to fast food and not even think about wanting a hamburger with bun.. After the two weeks you will see such a change in your self. I had so much energy it was amazing and knowing im eating healthy was such a great feeling and that's why im sticking strong to doing south beach again...im so tired of yo yo diets and not seeing results... Hope you look into south beach and join us!
  • Hetfield
    Hetfield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Hey Tammietifanie I thought I would put my two cents worth in. I agree with you about Southbeach Diet and making better choices. I did a modified version of Phase 1 where I wasnt quite as strict as the book but definitely cut back on carbs and simple sugars. I lost 3-4 lbs which is about what I was hoping for. (I might do my modified version again since I would like to lose a few more). But now I find myself really thinking about bread and tortillas etc... before I ate whatever whenever. Just cutting back on the carbs made a HUGE difference. I have also been working out on each of my days off from work - so going to the gym four days a week for 1-2 hours each session. The SB diet has opened my eyes and I believe it has changed the way I will make food choices forever.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am with you! Phase 1 again for me too!!! I am stuck at 160 and need a boost
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In my experience with studying the SBD, I really gained a lot of insight into nutrition and my body responded really really well to it. I have been able to keep off the 20 lbs I shed with SBD.

I wanted to mention to anyone skeptical about SBD, or curious about it, that each person is different, from different digestive enzymes to different daily routines--so not every diet is right for everyone. My sister in law shunned the idea that SBD is a valuable regimen, stating that it was not a healthy way to diet . . . . I dropped the issue. Hey, it worked for me and that's all I care to know.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Tammietifanie, thanks, I'm not ready to join in until I get more info. Soon! I'll watch and learn until then. :)

Cheryl

Cherapple:

If you like you can start phase 1 with us it's only two weeks and after that you learn to add healthy carbs back into your life without over doing it. I did southbeach back in sept and lost 12 pounds within the first two weeks and after a few days on the program i wasn't craving sugar or carbs any more. I was able to go out to fast food and not even think about wanting a hamburger with bun.. After the two weeks you will see such a change in your self. I had so much energy it was amazing and knowing im eating healthy was such a great feeling and that's why im sticking strong to doing south beach again...im so tired of yo yo diets and not seeing results... Hope you look into south beach and join us!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Coronalime : :bigsmile: Here's to day 1 on phase 1 just remember it's only hard for two weeks after that we will be able to add a carb back.. Also if you have a sweet tooth try Sugar free Jello for a dessert i had to stock up on jello since it's sugar that i crave....
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    If you get a crazy sugar craving like i do often grab a handful of sugar Snap pea's they are so sweet and healthy it will give you the sugar taste your wanting but without adding on the pounds :smile: also great on the go snack idea's

* Celery with Natural peanut butter ( remember ants on the log ) just don't add the ants :laugh:

* String cheese

* And full of mixed nuts

* Cup of Sugar free Jello

* Edamame
  • angelarose765
    Options
    Del Real - Shredded chicken (I find it at Food-For-Less) ingerdients; Shredded chicken breast meat with cooked out juices [chicken breast, water, onion, salt], Cultured Dextrose ( no worries, this ingredient is not sugar! the dextrose is what they use to "feed" the bacteria to obtain the product which is an acid metabolite which is then dried and added to heat-and-serve meals. It works as an anti-microbial preservative and is a good, natural additive), salt , garlic powder.

serving size: 3oz
    Calories: 90
    Fat: 2
    Saturated fat: 0
    Cholesterol: 45
    Sodium: 230
    Total Carb: 1
    Fiber: 0
    Sugars: 0

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

I had this with black beans topped with cilantro and onions. The CHICKEN is SO GOOD though, I could eat it by itself, EASY. the package (5 servings) goes n the microwave for 3 min and comes out perfect! I like this because every time I make chicken, only half of the time I am successful :blushing:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Where in the store would i find that???? Would it be in the frozen section or deli? that so good!!!!! and it's ready in 3 minutes that's the kind of meals i love cause i can feed the family fast and it's healthy... You could also use it for on top of salads, or take lettuce leaf , laughing cow cheese and that chicken and make a wrap!!! with some salsa yum!!! okay now im hungry lol..
  • angelarose765
    Options
    Where in the store would i find that???? Would it be in the frozen section or deli? that so good!!!!! and it's ready in 3 minutes that's the kind of meals i love cause i can feed the family fast and it's healthy... You could also use it for on top of salads, or take lettuce leaf , laughing cow cheese and that chicken and make a wrap!!! with some salsa yum!!! okay now im hungry lol..

it's in the deli counter along-side the Mexican food items (Del Real Chile Verde, large wedges of cotija cheese, baby cakes, ect.). The deli counter at the Food-For-Less in Loma Linda, is next to the meat but across from the packaged lunch-meat & Sliced cheeses.
  • angelarose765
    Options
    Day 2 and feeling GREAT!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I shop a lot at winco next time i go im going to see if they carry that....

Just think we are already two days down !!!! Remember to drink your water
  • watchingace
    Options
    I am going to go for loosing belly fat seems that is where my food is not going away. I have had a high metabolism in the past but since the loss of work, the food is catching up to me. But I am making it a goal, easy come easy go. I will start phase 1 and hopefully start to burn the fat away.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Welcome WatchingGace

You'll be amazed how filling the foods on the south beach diet can be... And if you haven't tried laughing cow cheese i highly recommend buying some and having that with celery for snacks... and if you have a sweet tooth ( like me ) have sugar free jello it comes in handy when the craving hits.... If you ever have questions we are all here to answer them