bump just to read for entertainment.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    is if they won't date me...

"Why have you never married dear?"

"I don't know. Why have you never married?"

"I suppose it's because I was never asked"

From "Before There Was You" (might be slightly paraphrased)

Seriously, though. I will have coffee with just about anyone, depends on what happens during that coffee if we date or not.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    No smokers.
    No @$$hats.
    Must accept my child's place in my life.

The rest is negotiable. No one person can be all things to me; that's why I have friends. So if a man doesn't have an IQ of 150, I can have some of those conversations with other people. Lacking the intellectual firepower to get all my jokes isn't a deal-breaker -- I have less-than-genius friends in my life I love very much and wouldn't trade for the world, and I just don't make those jokes around them, or I make them and then explain them. It's not perfect, but neither am I. After all, it's not like I'm going to understand the sports jokes, or get excited about cars, or hunting, or (insert male stereotype here). I tend to be attracted to taller men, but being short in and of itself isn't a deal-breaker -- if the person inside is attractive, the outside becomes more attractive as well. I tend to like alpha-males, but as long as the guy isn't a total push-over, again, there are accomodations that can be made. As long as he's capable of respectful, rational, objective, REASONED debate, I don't care if he's of a different political affiliation, a different religion, likes different music, etc., etc. It's all about the balance of pros and cons.

If all I want is a carbon copy of myself, why date anyone at all?
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    all these men not secure enough to date a woman taller than them.... tsk tsk....

It's ok, I wouldn't date you, either. :tongue: lol
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I will not date gents younger than me. Sorry. I was attracted to older men to begin with, and one bad apple had to go and spoil it for everyone, so...

I'm also iffy about height. I'm attracted primarily to taller guys, but if you're not, it doesn't necessarily rule you out. I'd like to think I'm not terribly picky.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    all these men not secure enough to date a woman taller than them.... tsk tsk....

It's ok, I wouldn't date you, either. :tongue: lol

I'm fine with a girl the same height as me, or an inch taller, but she can't wear high heels when we go out. HELL NO. :laugh:
  • willmirl
    Options
    Why I was dating, I would never go out with someone who was not on my wave length. I mean , same sense of humour, broadly same likes / dislikes in food,music and films,places to go and choice of freinds and quite a big thing , a common interest whether its golf,water sking, chess or whatever. watching TV does not count. !!
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I wont date someone who still lives at home with their parents and definitely wont think twice about someone who is unemployed.. sorry i like a man with a goal and some passion to be a better person.
    No drugs... steroids included.. weed ok. =)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    132625244054.gif
  • Sharon0523
    Options
    Good for those of you who made it about what the person is like and not material stuff or appearance. If you don't look at the true person, don't ever expect to make dating anything other than short term fun. Those of you serious about real relationships, must know that everything can change in an instant...except who a person is. Money can come or go, good looks don't last long, and after time you see true colors come out. My biggest mistake- I can help him change! Man was I wrong!
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    If he is not a RAVENS fan :)

Well that eliminates all the decent guys out there.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Guys that're already in relationships, emotionally detached clusterf_cks, & criminals. All the guys that I attract somehow :L
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My 'ideal' partner is taller and heavier than me, laid back, with a sense of humor.

I refuse to date somebody that is abusive, on drugs (even marijuana), does not have their own legal source of income (awful lot of pot farmers in my area), or that won't respect me. Other than that, I'm pretty open. I don't feel that's too much to ask for.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Fat ....she has to like working out
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Little Boy Syndrome-

Translates to not having your $h*t together in life. Not knowing what you want to do, how to do it etc. No goals. No independence. No desire to better yourself as a person. You don't know who you are, what you stand for or your own moral/ethics etc.

People evolve at different rates but don't expect me to follow your highschool notions of what a relationship is when you have been out in the real world post college for more than 5 years.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    if they're married
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I wont date someone that is 2 out of the 3.

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

One is fine but my ego can't handle two.

Damn.. That means we could never date...

I'm just joking, really. I'll soon be bypassing my boyfriend in the money department, and I hope that doesn't bother him... I'm also teller than him by half an inch.. As far as the smarts, he has no worries. He's fortunately very intelligent; it's wonderful.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like my men like like my coffee, Strong, creamy, and rich.

Just kidding. I just need them to be emotionally stable, have ambition, intelligent, confident, compassionate, and loving. Just like my boyfriend :) Three years and counting, and I can't wait to see where life takes us.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    -Republican/right winger
    -Omnivore
    -Unhealthy/inactive/boring
    Luckily my sweet & gorgeous man is none of these!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    if they're married

I'm single by the way