• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Does drugs....
    Alcoholic
    Abusive/anger problems
    Significantly overweight
    Addicted to video games

Those are things that won't fly with my lifestyle haha. If my husband ended in one of those categories (which would NEVER be expected but can happen to the best of us) I wouldn't leave him... Obviously support would be given. But going into a relationship these are things I would call automatic no nos.
  • nbeth901
    nbeth901 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my number 1 reason i won't date someone is - if they aren't my wife.

Anyway, when I was dating years ago - i dated all types. Taller, bigger, smaller, shorter, small chested, large chested, smarter, um... not smarter. I didn't have any "rules" other than "do I find this person attractive." If the answer was yes, then I took a shot.

That is kinda like how I am. I date all sorts of types too. For me what has got me is finding out that Mr Prince Charming isnt so charming after all. Maybe I should have a long list of what I like before I date them! LOL
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I wont date someone that is 2 out of the 3.

1.) Taller
    2..) Smarter
    3.) Makes more money

One is fine but my ego can't handle two.

I won't date someone that is 2 out of 3.

1. shorter
    2. less smart
    3. makes less money
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I live in AL and I won't date someone who is obsessed with college football (Alabama vs Auburn crap) or that chews tobacco...That REALLY limits my choices in AL. :(
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Who:

Doesn't work by choice/lacks work ethic
    Has lost their license or just won't get it
    Doesn't have a bank account

Those are my absolute no's that I've added to the list from my own immature stupid choices in guys. Two of them had these exact same things in common, sadly I didn't learn the 1st time but luckily never had to have a 3rd times a charm :indifferent:

How does someone not have a bank account? How do they get paid and pay bills?
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Who:

Doesn't work by choice/lacks work ethic
    Has lost their license or just won't get it
    Doesn't have a bank account

Those are my absolute no's that I've added to the list from my own immature stupid choices in guys. Two of them had these exact same things in common, sadly I didn't learn the 1st time but luckily never had to have a 3rd times a charm :indifferent:

I don't like paying bills
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Being insecure is a huge turn off for me, I don't want to constantly have to reassure someone that I'm into them.
    I will even date you if you still live with your parents, as long as there is a really good reason, like you're working towards a goal/school etc.. :)
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Number one: they are also a man. (not against those that do though)
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    1. Shorter
    2. No drive/motivation/determination
    3. Lack of intelligence
    4. Lack of respect for people
    5. No sense of humor

:)
  • TonkaDanteFriend
    TonkaDanteFriend Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'6" and would love to date a woman taller than me

Hit me up, Amazons. Death by snoo snoo seems like a valiant way to go.
  • idnkt
    idnkt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love Shallow Hal
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t date someone who was:

Stupid
    A walking stereotype
    Obese
    Boring
    Lazy
    Emo/Whiny
    Not kind to animals
    Abusive to women or children
    Or lacked a sense of humor
    Sounds like I don't have a chance...
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Shorter than me...that includes when I am wearing high heels... it just doesnt seem right to me and makes me feel awkward.

this was the one rule that the ladies had that ever eliminated me from their selection.

I have never understood why it makes me feel that way, just does...its not that I deliberately set my attraction node to taller it just is...There is someone for everyone my sister, who is taller than me, prefers short men. Probably a good job and she is nearly 6'

I also prefer shorter men I am 6'2 and my husband is 5'8.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised how many loonies out there will walk 5 miles to pay their bill in person using cash.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm married now, but the #1 thing was lack of drive and ambition. Everything else can be negotiable or worked on ( provided that person wanted to work on it ). But the lack of motivation to want to get things done... sorry see ya!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hm I seem to have a list of things. Not in any particular order.
    Thinner
    Smoking/drug use/excessive alcohol consumption
    Excessive gaming
    Younger
    Shorter
    Immature
    Lazy (no ambition/goals)
    Bad hygiene
    Bad communication/social skills
    Pessimism
    Poor money management
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    not my type...or looking for
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Wow there's a lot of insecure people.

My #1 reason is if they're a *kitten*.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    If he is irresponsible.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    They are tight/over conscious about money. Do NOT get me wrong, I am anything but materialistic or high maintenance, I don't want anyone spending their money on me, I just cannot STAND if a man thinks that me spending money on for example a night out with the girls instead of sitting in with a couple of bottles of wine, or going to a coffee shop instead of just waiting til I get home to get coffee, or getting a taxi instead of a bus, is a "waste of good money" it just makes me cringe really and is a major major turn off for me. I'd just rather they not say anything at all. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being careful with money, but I just can't stand when people talk about money as if it's the most important thing

That's the number 1 turn off for me