Age difference in relationships

Options

Replies

• needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Ladies what if your partner is some monthes or at most a year younger than you. How do you feel about it?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are alittle under 10 years apart, with him being older. It's perfect. Prior to him I dated anywhere from 20 years older, to 5 years younger. I will say I didn't dig the younger at all. I am no cougar...lol
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and was just recently dating a 'man' who was 30. We definitely wanted different things in life and he was pretty immature .....but very good looking. Previous to that I have always been with men my age or a few years older. I think between 37 and 41 is a good age for me.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Age doesn't matter to me. :)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Age doesn't matter to me. :)

great legs for 100 yrs old
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    When I was 18 I was with someone 20 years older than me 0_o And then after that relationship I was with someone ten years older than me. I think I like older men haha.
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    When single, I dated a couple men 15 years older than me.
    Not at the same time ... er, I think.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    To each his own I suppose. If you are uncomfortable with this, it is best that it is ended. You are right on the children issue... Marriage is a big commitment and you need to think about all those ramifications. Kudos on that. I suppose you really need to always look 10-15 years down the road.. what seems ok now, will it be then? I know a couple that is 25 years apart.. He is like 85 and she is like 60... they have a great relationship and have been great together. Of course, the probability that she will be a widow for quite some time is of course a harsh reality. it works for them. As for me, I married 6.5 years my junior. It worked very well for us.. I was 42 when our daughter was born and she was 35... It works better that way than had it been the other way around.... My dad and mom are 9 years apart... Again, it worked well for them. It really depends on the individuals involved and what their plans are
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    all that being said, keep it legal
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    all that being said, keep it legal

legal in what country?
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    when I was 21 I dated a 33 year old, dated him for 4 years.. I guess in retrospect it wasnt a huge age difference but at the time it kinda felt like it because I was younger.. I had fun w him but he couldnt keep up
  • breexbreakdown
    Options
    The youngest I've dated was a year or so below me (but not too much younger since I was in High School at the time lol). When I was 18 I was in a three year relationship with a guy who was 4 years older.

Now I'm in a great relationship with someone who is 6 years older. I'm 22, he's 28 - but he looks about 24 and we have a very similar personality so tend we forget about the age difference a lot lol
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oldest person I ever dated was someone that was 8 years older than me. It didn't go so well because he obviously wanted something different.
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    Options
    I can give you a different perspective. Hindsight. When I was 27, I dated a man who was 47 at the time. The relationship didn't last. I am now 54, and that would make him 74. Ewwww!!!!!! I'm now married to a man who is 5 years younger than I am. Good for you for thinking about the future!
  • banks89202
    Options
    I am 23 and my husband will be 30 in Jan. He acts younger than me lol (married 3 years now)

When I was 18 I wouldn't call it "dating" but I was with a 35 year old for fun :blushing:
  • country91
    country91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    doesnt matter but prefer olderrrrrrrrrrr
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    Wife is younger then me but i act younger then her. Age is just a number
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    How about if the man is younger less than a year.Does it really matter?
    What ems might happen in the future?
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    I was 34 she was 17 and we were together for nearly 6 years.

Age is nothing more than a number.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My husband is 17 years my elder. We've been married happily for over 7 years. I was 16 and he was 33 when we got married. I do not have children by him yet but I can't wait to. Age is just a number. 60 years ago it was socially acceptable to do it, and I don't know what the big deal is now, but the comments people make are ridiculous.