my boyfriend is 28 and im turning 20
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    5 years younger and 5 years older.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    my husband and I are 12 1/2 years apart...he will be 53 and I just turned 40....I met him when I just turned 21

our kids think its weird because he was working at his current job when I was only 15..or he was going thru puberty when I was born....haha
  • littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My man is 15 years older than me - I'm 25 and he's 41 and after 7 and a half years we have never been happier!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My gf is just 18 and i'm 35, we get on great
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    3 years younger is the biggest difference for me, and it occurs to me that I have never been in a serious relationship with a guy who was older. I dated a guy who was 4 years older for a couple of months, but I'm not sure that counts. My current boyfriend is about a year younger. I just turned 30 a few weeks ago, and he will be 29 next month.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    My husband (of 20 years and 3 kids later) is 7 years older than I am. When we met, I was 19 and he was 26. Best thing that ever happened to me!!!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years older than me. We met when I was 20 and he was 32.

At the end of the day age is just a number.
  • 01carla
    01carla Posts: 14
    Options
    my ex husband was 7 years younger than me,,,

but in my rebel of a youth i dated a guy who son was older than me - my mum was not impressed - i was in my early 20s and he was in his mid 40s !! the bloke . not his son!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I was 21 and he was 37. Honestly, the age difference was the least of that relationship's issues.

My husband and I are 18 months apart. It works for us.

ETA: He might have been 38. Eff, now I can remember.
  • cdpeffer
    cdpeffer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband is 9 yrs older than I am. We've been together for 12 yrs and married for 10, 4 kids... it works for us. I've honestly never dated anyone younger than me... The older I get though I realize the less that a chronological number means.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 1/2 years older than me...met when I was 21, he was 33. His kids were 11, 9, and 5 (they are now 40 and 38...our daughter is an angel)! Less of an age difference between me and our oldest than him and me! I'm now 49 ...soon to be 50...and have a 16 year old grandson and 11 year old granddaughter...yes they could me my children! I wouldn't trade my husband for the world!! He is the best thing that has ever happened in my life!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    My S/O is 14 years older than me. I am 38 he is 53 and we have the best time together. Luckily for us except for our 2 boys our kids are grown.
  • AndieAnderson
    Options
    My fiancé is 8 years older than me, I am 26 he just turned 34. I really feel that after both people are over the age of 18 it really doesn't make much of a difference as long as you share common life goals, and maturity levels.
    I can see you having a misgivings raising children with someone that much older, but there are also benefits. Such as they probably already have a career and are more in a stable place to financialy care for children then most couples that say have kids in their early twenties. I can also see the downside, it is something I have worried about a little in my own relationship, but if you really love someone and are in it for the long haul, you will be able to handle anything.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Dating: I was 40, she was 20.
    Marriage: I was 44, she's 28.
    46 now, still going strong!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 now....youngest was when I was 31 and dated a 24 yr old. It worked out because he was more mature than most men 20 years older. Oldest was last year and he was 8 years older. We got along great, just not meant to be in the end. I'd say my ideal range is 2 years younger, 6 years older (I want to have similar life experiences, as well as share experiences). But, I seem to only be approached by men that are either 12 years younger or 15-20 years older.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and my husband is 52 (although he could easily pass for 42). I don't notice a big difference unless he's talking about high school and then I think about how I was in kindergarten. Ew. :laugh:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Dating: I was 40, she was 20.
    Marriage: I was 44, she's 28.
    46 now, still going strong!

Geez.......she's aging twice as fast as you !! Wth??
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    There was a 10 yr age difference in my last relationship. 16 in another one. 14 yrs between me and my ex wife. The biggest age difference was when I was 39 and dating a 19 yr old. Not a lot of conversation, but the sex was great.