Age difference in relationships

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and my husband is 52 (although he could easily pass for 42). I don't notice a big difference unless he's talking about high school and then I think about how I was in kindergarten. Ew. :laugh:

LMAO supahstar!! As long as you are happy now. :)
  • michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am currently dating a man that is 10 years older than me - I am 38 and he is 48. I see no problem in it!
  • Wonkermann
    Options
    im 28. I have dated 3 years younger and 21 years older.

on reflection, whilst 21 years older was great you do have to think about wanting children etc. a 49 year old woman is probably not looking to have a child, so maybe that one was always doomed from the start. still, the love making was the most intense i've ever experienced.

older women FTW!
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    6 years between me and my boyfriend. Started dating at 16, shrug. That's legal in the UK though, and although my parents hated him with a passion, they have an identical age gap themselves, and Mum was married at my age.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    ~ If I were 2 do it again,....I'd wanna date older.(hubby & I r 4days apart)...
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Cougarita checking in....everyone's the same age laying down.....ha ha ha ...over 18 that is...lol
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've always ended up with guys 3-5 years older, including my fiance. Obviously not a huge difference at this point, and it works well for us - I honestly don't think I could imagine dating someone my age or younger. Just never felt right for me.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Our age difference didn't matter much to me.

Until we thought we might have gone to the same camp when we were younger.

He was a counselor at 21 years old, and it was my first time at camp. I was 4.

None the less, I wouldn't trade him :drinker:
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have dated 5 years younger, and 2 years older. Never mattered much to me. Its all about the person.
  • LiveLoveHunt
    Options
    My husband is 9 years younger than me (at my age now, that makes me a cougar lol).

He was 19 when I met him...I was 28. I swear I thought he was older and then after a year of dating, I saw his drivers license for some reason. Well, by that time I was hooked and had to decide whether or not we should keep seeing each other (I say he lied to me about his age but he swears up and down he didn't...he just never mentioned it).

We've been together now for 17 years....the age difference didn't mean a thing. He is the love of my life....I doubt there will be anyone else for me.

This is similar for me. I've always been attracted to younger guys but I've dated guys same age to 5 years older. But I've been married a year to my husband and we are about 9 years apart. We met online when he was a month shy of turning 18 and I was 26, within weeks of turning 27. (His bday is Aug 24, mine is July 30). Now I'm 29, he is 20 and it was the fastest growing relationship I've ever been in.
    I won't go into all the details but after a year, it feels like we've known eachother forever. We are just so in sync and I can't imagine my life without him. <3
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was 22 and dating a guy that was 39. We were together for 5 years. Mostly it was a good relationship. Sadly though, I wanted kids and he could have anymore (he already has 2 and they are HORRIBLE). We split on good terms and are still friends. Now I am married to a man that is almost 7 years younger than me. We have been married 3 1/2 years and have a 1 1/2 yr old and are expecting our 2nd. I feel that everything happens for a reason and if you are meant to be in a relationship with someone regardless of age, gender, race, ect then it will happen, even if it isn't meant to be forever but for the time being. Maybe to help you learn something or get through a specific time in your life.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I dated a man 7 years older than me. Now I am married to a man who is 7 years younger. :tongue:
  • hot2trottopaz
    hot2trottopaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Monica, there is nothing wrong with age difference in relationships, I am 15 years older than a guy I just started dating it and have never been happier....... I never thought I would say this but he is understanding, more mature....the whole nine yards....... making me feel like a lil girl again......
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Let me run this by Legal Counsel before I respond.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Biggest difference...I was 20, he was 52. Didn't last.

My man is 7 years older than I am and I think it's perfect for us. I don't feel the difference at all.
  • Noenvynofear
    Noenvynofear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    http://xkcd.com/314/ so according to this, if your the oldest, half your age then add 7, if your the younger, take off seven then double it. Kinda makes sense....
  • Strong_as_Oak
    Strong_as_Oak Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I think in and around 10yrs personally is the max I would consider, but then again if you really click and love the person, and it's legal. Age is just a number.
  • hot2trottopaz
    hot2trottopaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have totally made me feel better! My name is Monica, I have been single for 5 years... met the man of my dreams, totally mature but I am 15 years older than him, why am I worried about what other people think? MY goodness.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My husband is 9 years older than me. I was 33 when we met, he was 42. We hit it off, and have been married almost 8 years... at some point, age doesn't make a big difference... he acts like a kid most of the time anyway :-)
  • Davidgettinghealthy
    Options
    When I was born, my mom was 18 and my dad was 48. So, yeah, I have nothing against the age difference thing seeing as it's why I'm alive today. lol