Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Breaking news-

I used the assisted pull-up machine today...tried it at a few different weights. Could only do 2 at 70 pounds of my weight, got through about 5 at 60 pounds and was able to do 20 (two sets of 10) at 50. Think I'm going to stick with the 60 and just add in as I can. Really like that machine.

AND...I did 6 good form pushups, and was able to do the full range of motion. Oh. Em. Gee.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Breaking news-

I used the assisted pull-up machine today...tried it at a few different weights. Could only do 2 at 70 pounds of my weight, got through about 5 at 60 pounds and was able to do 20 (two sets of 10) at 50. Think I'm going to stick with the 60 and just add in as I can. Really like that machine.

AND...I did 6 good form pushups, and was able to do the full range of motion. Oh. Em. Gee.

So proud of you for trying and doing it!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    I am feeling grouchy right now. Grouchy and dreaming of ice cream. Bad combo. I have cleaned so much the last few days that everything is getting to me. I see a chair that wasn't pushed in right, a handtowel that is hanging crooked on the ring, crumbs that somebody left behind, leftover food stuck to the bottom of the sink I just scrubbed and on and on and it is pissing me off. Maybe a dirty house is better for my mental state of mind. :grumble:

I have been up too early the last two days, now I'm a grump! Plus, I clean, the kids mess up. Hubs got home, tons of laundry from his trip... and it was all done. The kids are off school tomorrow, I really need to go to the gym, I need my exercise endorphins back. Big time.

I think I shall sit in the chair and do a little bit o'nothin' the rest of the day.

Oh also. I am HUNGRY. I am never hungry because I eat so much, but I'm like famished today. I didn't log my food, don't know how to count my soup. After logging for so many days it's making me feel like I'm not in control and I don't like it!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey Black team!

Back from Bangor and glad to be home. Beth and the boys are still down in mass so it is a bit quiet around here. Can't stand an empty house. Food was good today and I am headed to the gym in a few. Better than sitting around. Anyway, Looks like everyone had a decent weekend. I'll read and get caught up later tonight.

See ya!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Black Team - Haven't checked in since yesterday morning. It feels like an eternity! Dinner was great last night with the cousins. I had never been to Princeton before even though it is relatively close. I felt instant brain power the minute we drove through campus:laugh: There were 9 adults total. We went to seafood restaurant that was a BYOB. 9 adults…9 bottles of wine…. Needless to say, I did ok in my food choices but did terrible with the wine. Thank God I don’t drink very often anymore. I went way over my calories for the day. Today is no better! I will be back on track in the morning….have no fear. I do love getting on the scale after a night out with libations as I instantly dropped 2.5 lbs….I do recognize that I am severely dehydrated..I’m hoping only 1 pound comes back.
    It was totally worth it though as we were laughing and enjoying each other’s company all night. Plus DH was the designated driver….so I was feeling no pain…………until I woke up.

Come on JETS!!!!! They need to show up!!!
    xo
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am feeling grouchy right now. Grouchy and dreaming of ice cream. Bad combo. I have cleaned so much the last few days that everything is getting to me. I see a chair that wasn't pushed in right, a handtowel that is hanging crooked on the ring, crumbs that somebody left behind, leftover food stuck to the bottom of the sink I just scrubbed and on and on and it is pissing me off. Maybe a dirty house is better for my mental state of mind. :grumble:

I have been up too early the last two days, now I'm a grump! Plus, I clean, the kids mess up. Hubs got home, tons of laundry from his trip... and it was all done. The kids are off school tomorrow, I really need to go to the gym, I need my exercise endorphins back. Big time.

I think I shall sit in the chair and do a little bit o'nothin' the rest of the day.

Oh also. I am HUNGRY. I am never hungry because I eat so much, but I'm like famished today. I didn't log my food, don't know how to count my soup. After logging for so many days it's making me feel like I'm not in control and I don't like it!

Oh I hate when I feel like that!

I think you may be hungry because you have burned so many extra calories from cleaning house. Have something with good fat and protien....like peanut butter. Avacado dip does it for me every time.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Breaking news-

Holy Cow! Do you have any idea what you did???? The weights are OPPOSITE....in other words.......when you do arms you do 10 and work up to 20............on the assisted you start at 100 and work DOWN to 70!!

You freaking rock, Shuntae!!!!!!!!

Stretch those arms............they WILL be sore in the morning!

:smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good Evening Black Team - Haven't checked in since yesterday morning. It feels like an eternity! Dinner was great last night with the cousins. I had never been to Princeton before even though it is relatively close. I felt instant brain power the minute we drove through campus:laugh: There were 9 adults total. We went to seafood restaurant that was a BYOB. 9 adults…9 bottles of wine…. Needless to say, I did ok in my food choices but did terrible with the wine. Thank God I don’t drink very often anymore. I went way over my calories for the day. Today is no better! I will be back on track in the morning….have no fear. I do love getting on the scale after a night out with libations as I instantly dropped 2.5 lbs….I do recognize that I am severely dehydrated..I’m hoping only 1 pound comes back.
    It was totally worth it though as we were laughing and enjoying each other’s company all night. Plus DH was the designated driver….so I was feeling no pain…………until I woke up.

Come on JETS!!!!! They need to show up!!!
    xo

I need to pay attention. I read that you drank 9 bottles of wine and lost 2.5 pounds :laugh: NOT a good diet reccomendation!

Sounds like you have fun! When I was in serious deficit mode I had 1 day a month to eat what I wanted........and purposely went over cals by 400 or more to jog my system. Do not be surprised if you lose this week!

Glad you had fun:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey Black team!

Back from Bangor and glad to be home. Beth and the boys are still down in mass so it is a bit quiet around here. Can't stand an empty house. Food was good today and I am headed to the gym in a few. Better than sitting around. Anyway, Looks like everyone had a decent weekend. I'll read and get caught up later tonight.

See ya!

Glad you are back..........sorry you are lonely. I have never EVER been lonely in 48 years! Went from mom and bro and 4 dogs to husband and kids and 2 dogs and STILL have a house full......No complaints but still..............:ohwell:

Enjoy the quiet:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Breaking news-

OMG IS RIGHT!! WOOT!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I am so un sure of what is going on wiht my body. I weighed myself today and I am at 216. It's that time of the month too. Does anyone know what the average menstrual weight we hold each month during that week.
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Any suggestions to help me get back on track would help. and I was thinking that maybe if we had one person that we had to answer to each day maybe we could better stay on track. I know that It would help me. I guess I just need someone to say hey what are you doing and whats going on when I don't show up for a day or something or if they see that I am eating things that AI should not. Thanks group
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a challenge as I'm new to this site...is it too late to join your challenge and what are your requirements?

Thank you,
    Michelle
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jessica-- I'll be back to touch base with you later-- heading out to run.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooo--

Michelle-- welcome-- never too late. If somebody doesn't fill you in before I get back, I'll be happy to enlighten--

Later, cats.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions to help me get back on track would help. and I was thinking that maybe if we had one person that we had to answer to each day maybe we could better stay on track. I know that It would help me. I guess I just need someone to say hey what are you doing and whats going on when I don't show up for a day or something or if they see that I am eating things that AI should not. Thanks group

I'm here and I can do the Marla slap as well as the next person...:smile::heart:

snapoutofit.gifvahidrk.gifJust_Cuz_15.gif
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yes...6.61 miles on the bike tonight. Calories in and under goal. Sometimes I amaze me. Time for Desperate Housewives, goodnight Black Team. :heart:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a challenge as I'm new to this site...is it too late to join your challenge and what are your requirements?

Thank you,
    Michelle

Michelle...I am a newbie to this group too but I wanted to welcome you. You will love this group!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    thought I would share my newest cake.
    12-09to1-10163-1.jpg
    I sure hope my mom likes it. and I hope you all can tell what it is!! hahaha
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

Lori, hugs! At least your kids go to school tomorrow, mine are off for Martin Luther King Day. SIGH!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I'm here and I can do the Marla slap as well as the next person...:smile::heart:

snapoutofit.gifvahidrk.gifJust_Cuz_15.gif

Bravo, Bobbi-- worship.gifworship.gif

Jessica-- I'll try and give you a shout out when I don't see you around.

Michelle-- basically, we weigh in on Wednesdays-- send your starting weight to Andrew (spyguy) the guy who started this thread, through private message. Click on his name, and then it'll give you an option to send him a message.

We have weekly challenges and basically just hang here and cheer each other on, and knock each other upside the head when we need it.

Just had a 3 mile run. Long and arduous as is the norm these days-- but, I did it through rain and everything.

Heading to work-- basking in the afterglow of the Jets win. My house was a'rockin' earlier, lemme tell ya--

Have a great night.