Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    just had the loveliest compliment from my hubs--

"Did you talk to your doctor yet about other medication? You're blowing up like a balloon. It's unbelievable. You look like you're three sizes bigger-- "

Gee, thanks, hon---- guess I shouldn't complain-- it's a little better than his usual comments..."I like you puffy. Your boobs are bigger."

Men-- :noway:

Seriously, though-- things are just not good-- I have rolls upon rolls -- looks like I have to call the doctor tomorrow--
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Jan--

That's the Couch to 5k program-- 9 week (I think) program to get you, well, off the couch and running a 5k.

W and D represent week and day-- W1D2 is the second workout day of the first week of the program-- and so on, and so forth.

Great program--

Oh I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

~Jan
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    What is the couch to 5k program that I see spoken of? I am very interested.
  • Marla64
    Options

The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program--

http://c25k.com/
  • jessica_benson
    Options

The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program--

http://c25k.com/
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Where are the details for this program? Can I find them somewhere
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I googled it and I found it. it sounds great. thanks for posting about it.
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I googled it and I found it. it sounds great. thanks for posting about it.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have been having a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although this week my girls wanted to get together alot after volleyball for some beers and such but, I did a great job of loggin and watching the things that I ate!!! I went to the gym tonight for the first time in a LONG time and it was awesome!!!! With the way I have been feeling these last 2 weeks, I was so excited to go work out and get this thing MOVING!!!!! :bigsmile: I am so proud and I have you guys to thank!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for letting me join this team and thank you batman for the challenges!!!!! This has been amazing motivation!!!!!!!!!! :glasses:
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    and I didn't even read the responses before I posted and I actually started the Couch to 5k tonight at the gym :happy: I will keep you guys posted!!!!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Morning all, typing this on blackberry so please excuse any typos...... Phone company are upgrading my broadband package and have turned off my home phone, internet connection the lot urgh!!!!!

No2 son was ill last night so he is off today and tomorrow, as he's not allowed back to school for 48 hours!!

Walked to school this morning and power walked back with little Chris riding on the back of the buggy. Got to go on the bike later, but not sure when I'll get there today! Willl try to log in later, but this is quite difficult!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it through the weekend. Off to work my lunch is ready. I will weigh in tomorrow. Hope I maintained who knows maybe even lost. Hate the new scale.............funny about that 3 pounds seems a long ways away from 160 I was. Good Luck this week Black Team
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Tanya- Hope your son is feeling better. Not fun when one of your little ones is sick.

Good Morning Black Team! - Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Drove up to see my mom in North Jersey last night (sorry Marla, still a little ways from you) She is in great spirits. I made her dinner. My nephew and his fiance moved in with her after my dad died a few months ago. It has been great company for her. She really can't live alone and having family with her is just priceless. She wouldn't even consider moving down with me. She's been in the house for 63 years and there's only one way she is coming out:ohwell: she will be 86 this month. God bless her.

Kept the calories down for the rest of the night and drank my water. :drinker: I was pumped this morning and extended my run this morning an extra 2 miles. I keep listening to all your stories about pull ups with this machine and that machine. I can't fit it into my schedule....YET! but I will.

I think I am actually looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow....of course I haven't gotten through the day yet.:bigsmile:

Have a great day everyone. I'll try and check in at lunch.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Off to work and feeling fine. Got a 1.5 mile walk in this lovely morning and I am back in the exercise saddle!

Will drop by later to read.........used up my puter time with brokeazz car:grumble:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team...I have another busy day today. I will be doing L2 of 30 Day Shred today. Hope everybody has a good day.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Sounds like everyone is in a hurry this morning...same story here! Today is Alexs (my youngest) 15th birthday and I have to get my booty to the gym and then go get what I need to bake him a cake. I should have been ready for today, but this whole week has been rush, rush, rush it seems!:ohwell:

Hope everyone gets in a great Last Chance workout today!:drinker: I will try to catch up with everyone later...:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    shhhhhhh-- don't tell nobody-- but, my hubs just left to go for a run. Asked me if I wanted to go now-- which I didn't.

SOOOOOOO-- now that means I can do my own thing tonight and run all by myself-- woot woot woot woooooooot!!!!!!!!!!

(you don't know how much I miss it-- love going solo)
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    shhhhhhh-- don't tell nobody-- but, my hubs just left to go for a run. Asked me if I wanted to go now-- which I didn't.

SOOOOOOO-- now that means I can do my own thing tonight and run all by myself-- woot woot woot woooooooot!!!!!!!!!!

(you don't know how much I miss it-- love going solo)

I get it. It's the freedom of nobody except you to worry about. It's heaven. I have that feeling often as my kids get older and I can say things like "I'm going to store" and leave alone. It's great. I love my kids, love my family, but sometimes I just wanna do my own thing.

I took my hubs to the gym with me yesterday, #1 because he needed to go and #2 because I felt bad that he was off work and I was leaving him here. I then feel the whole time like I have to do stuff with him, which is ok on occasion, but it does mess with my mojo.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    I am praying for a good weigh in tomorrow. The scale was so dang nice last week, not so much right now. I will be ecstatic with staying the same. Thrillled beyond belief. Can you tell I'm not expecting it? It's my love hate relationship with that stupid scale, loved it last week, coulda kissed it, hating it right now.

I have a cold, darn sneezing and runny nose. Blah!

I hit the gym for strictly a cardio last chance burn, then came home and took the dog for a 35 minute walk. 1175 calories. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am praying for a good weigh in tomorrow. The scale was so dang nice last week, not so much right now. I will be ecstatic with staying the same. Thrillled beyond belief. Can you tell I'm not expecting it? It's my love hate relationship with that stupid scale, loved it last week, coulda kissed it, hating it right now.

I have a cold, darn sneezing and runny nose. Blah!

I hit the gym for strictly a cardio last chance burn, then came home and took the dog for a 35 minute walk. 1175 calories. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Lori,

Great "Last Chance Workout". I wish you all the best tomorrow and hope yuo get better.

~Jan.