Fat and curves are NOT the same thing

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Nice fat bashing topic. So common on these forums. Talking bout bullying atmospheres.

Sagging skin is a concern. Let's be honest one of the motivations of everyone on here to get fit and LOOK GOOD. So yes stretch marks and sagging skins are valid concerns and worrying bout them doesnt make you bad person.

I love these chicks that lose weight and then bash those that were their size.

I have lots of friends that are thinner and fitter than the OP and they are supportive and not a JERK.

Tho u may like to think I'm bashing, I'm not. I'm not bullying either. I am just saying tht sum ppl use tht as an excuse. They don't want to lose their curves. I was just pointing out that they wouldn't if they really were curvy. It's a poor excuse to stay overweight. People who want to stay softer, but are still healthy, then I am perfectly ok with tht. I just dont like the excuses.
    Thanks for pointing out I'm not thin or fit. I already know I'm not. I'm still fat. Nice to know I'm such a jerk when I get told how much of an inspiration I am all the time & I have AMAZING friends on my list. Yes, I must be a horrible person.

Not a horrible person but horribly inconsiderate maybe. Just because you've managed to reach your goal weight doesn't mean that you have the right to say what is/isn't an excuse. Just because someone says they want to keep their curves doesn't automatically mean they're making an excuse--maybe it's their way of expressing a desire to be healthy yet retain a feminine physique--how do you know the difference? You're saying you're okay with that but what if that's precisely what they meant?

Also, no one called you "not thin" or "not fit" ...merely that there are thinner and fitter people who don't go around making people feel bad about their goals. You are saying she said something that she did not say.

I'm not tryin to b inconsiderate. I'm not at my goal weight either.
    I'm talkin ab the ppl who are unhealthily overweight & say tht. If they're healthy, all is well & this is not aimed at them.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Im not going to read all the previous posts because alot of it just seems like crap.
    I'm overweight but I'm curvy. I was curvy when I was thinner. I was curvy when I was technically underweight for my height/build. I'm always going to be curvy. I like my curves. I could careless what anyone else thinks about my body other than my husband.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Also, can we stop it with the netspeak?

Well, I think OP would need to use something other than her phone to post.

And just to be on topic, I'm fat, not curvy.

Yeah I'm on my phone a lot on the weekends & its much less of a hassle to short hand. Thn I get on my laptop & it's become habit to just keep typing like tht lol sorry.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm having a small case of deja vu...
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    so will women get bulky from lifting too much weight?

you are soooo bad!!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Nice fat bashing topic. So common on these forums. Talking bout bullying atmospheres.

Sagging skin is a concern. Let's be honest one of the motivations of everyone on here to get fit and LOOK GOOD. So yes stretch marks and sagging skins are valid concerns and worrying bout them doesnt make you bad person.

I have lots of friends that are thinner and fitter than the OP and they are supportive and not a JERK.

Tho u may like to think I'm bashing, I'm not. I'm not bullying either. I am just saying tht sum ppl use tht as an excuse. They don't want to lose their curves. I was just pointing out that they wouldn't if they really were curvy. It's a poor excuse to stay overweight. People who want to stay softer, but are still healthy, then I am perfectly ok with tht. I just dont like the excuses.
    Thanks for pointing out I'm not thin or fit. I already know I'm not. I'm still fat. Nice to know I'm such a jerk when I get told how much of an inspiration I am all the time & I have AMAZING friends on my list. Yes, I must be a horrible person.

Not a horrible person but horribly inconsiderate maybe. Just because you've managed to reach your goal weight doesn't mean that you have the right to say what is/isn't an excuse. Just because someone says they want to keep their curves doesn't automatically mean they're making an excuse--maybe it's their way of expressing a desire to be healthy yet retain a feminine physique--how do you know the difference? You're saying you're okay with that but what if that's precisely what they meant?

Also, no one called you "not thin" or "not fit" ...merely that there are thinner and fitter people who don't go around making people feel bad about their goals. You are saying she said something that she did not say.

I'm talkin ab the ppl who are unhealthily overweight & say tht. If they're healthy, all is well & this is not aimed at them.

Sweet Jesus! The word is spelt A-B-O-U-T!

An "ab" is a singular abbreviation for the muscle group known as abdominals and commonly used in its plural form "abs".

"ab" =/= "about"
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I guess I'm the only person who doesn't care what other people do, think, or say about their bodies.
    It's theirs, they do/say whatever they want. It only effects them, not me.
    Same goes for my body, if I use it as an 'excuse' it's only my problem.

As long as their happy with themselves I really don't give a damn. Life is too short to spend it complaining about useless things.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

An "ab" is a singular abbreviation for the muscle group known as abdominals and commonly used in its plural form "abs".

"ab" =/= "about"

lol too much coffee today? most people understand what she is talking about.

and since you have trouble with these things lol means laugh out loud. :)

its funny how things like this set people off. :D
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm not a woman, nor do I get so mentally attached to specific words. I don't know if it's due to the OPs use of shorthand or everyone's definition of curves.

Anyway, I believe what she is trying to state is that if a woman is naturally curvy primarily due to bone structure - ie wide hips-to-waist - she won't end up looking like SpongeBob Squarepants. She can work on addressing body composition by increasing lean body mass while decreasing fat mass which would accentuate her natural curves even more.
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ..... having babies widens the hips.......

..................just say'in :laugh:

Uggggh, I wish!! In my case, NOT! Maybe I need to pop out a few more before these tiny hips widen out a bit, lol.
  • rlmadrid
    Options
    I guess I'm the only person who doesn't care what other people do, think, or say about their bodies.
    It's theirs, they do/say whatever they want. It only effects them, not me.
    Same goes for my body, if I use it as an 'excuse' it's only my problem.

As long as their happy with themselves I really don't give a damn. Life is too short to spend it complaining about useless things.

Read the whole thread... you are not alone. :flowerforyou: How people define themselves seems pretty insignificant to most. Arguments are occurring over semantics. I'm not curvy, when I was bigger I had this curve: ()

Trying to squat to one day make this one: ) (
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think that people being comfortable with their own bodies is a wonderful thing. I will make my body look the way I want, and let others do the same.

I recommend this approach, by the way.
  • rlmadrid
    Options

"ab" =/= "about"

Well that escalated quickly! Unbunch your panties please.

Oh, and don't you mean that "most people understand what she is talking ab"?

Edited because I am a failure at shrinking the quotes.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I think that people being comfortable with their own bodies is a wonderful thing. I will make my body look the way I want, and let others do the same.

I recommend this approach, by the way.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :love:
  • shorty35565
    Options

"ab" =/= "about"

Haha indeed it is
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

lol you are the one that felt the need to point out the "ab" thing. you are the one that seems to be having an issue. :)

since you have an issue with "ab" and the quotation thing maybe you are newish to the internet. if so i apologize its just that people use abbreviations all the time.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm not a woman, nor do I get so mentally attached to specific words. I don't know if it's due to the OPs use of shorthand or everyone's definition of curves.

Anyway, I believe what she is trying to state is that if a woman is naturally curvy primarily due to bone structure - ie wide hips-to-waist - she won't end up looking like SpongeBob Squarepants. She can work on addressing body composition by increasing lean body mass while decreasing fat mass which would accentuate her natural curves even more.

Thank u Daniel
  • rlmadrid
    Options

lol you are the one that felt the need to point out the "ab" thing. you are the one that seems to be having an issue. :)

since you have an issue with "ab" and the quotation thing maybe you are newish to the internet. if so i apologize its just that people use abbreviations all the time.

Actually far from new. I simply know how to spell, capitalize, and use punctuation. I'm realizing the majority of your posts probably come from pointless arguments so I'm going to stop feeding the inexperienced troll. Also, here's a smile so I can seem polite just like you! :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Actually far from new. I simply know how to spell, capitalize, and use punctuation. I'm realizing the majority of your posts probably come from pointless arguments so I'm going to stop feeding the inexperienced troll. Also, here's a smile so I can seem polite just like you! :)

wow...everything seems to upset you. and everything i say to you you parrot back to me.

you should just learn to relax and ignore the need to point out spelling and grammar mistakes.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ..... having babies widens the hips.......

..................just say'in :laugh:

Uh . . . what? I've had 4 . . . hips are no wider than they ever were, and one of my babies was over 9 lbs.