Fat and curves are NOT the same thing

Options
123457»

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    ..... having babies widens the hips.......

..................just say'in :laugh:

Uggggh, I wish!! In my case, NOT! Maybe I need to pop out a few more before these tiny hips widen out a bit, lol.

I've had 2 children, I'm 35 years old, and I can fit into jeans I wore at 24. I had my kids at 31 and 33. Having wider hips (i have a 10 inch gap between waist and hips) probably means my pelvic bone is wider, and I've had easy labours and births, just gas and air, and no stitches with either, and was home 5 hours after having my daughter. So I'm happy with my wider hips, Just saying....
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    some of us fatties are also curvy :laugh:

i'm finding that the more weight i lose, the more curvalicious i look. it's possible that there will be a size that i'd "lose" my curves, but i'm thinking that's maybe like size 0 or something.

and i sorta agree with the OP, i've heard it used as an excuse many many times.

I agree with this! Now I am loosing more weight people have been saying to me I am starting to get a figure!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean. I'm fat and curvy right now but would rather be a size 6 or so and curvy. the smallest I ever was full grown has been a size 13. I could use this as an excuse and I do see others on here doing that but screw that.
  • ktillotson14
    Options

Well that escalated quickly! Unbunch your panties please.

Oh, and don't you mean that "most people understand what she is talking ab"?

Edited because I am a failure at shrinking the quotes.

lol you are the one that felt the need to point out the "ab" thing. you are the one that seems to be having an issue. :)

since you have an issue with "ab" and the quotation thing maybe you are newish to the internet. if so i apologize its just that people use abbreviations all the time.

Actually far from new. I simply know how to spell, capitalize, and use punctuation. I'm realizing the majority of your posts probably come from pointless arguments so I'm going to stop feeding the inexperienced troll. Also, here's a smile so I can seem polite just like you! :)

Haha love this :)

Perhaps we should start a similar thread about how women use the internet as an excuse to destroy the English language...?
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Touche, my dear, Touche.

16.5" difference between my hips and waist here, was the same when I was fat.

Curves are genetic, not weight dependent (barring extremes). They are also more evident at a healthy weight.
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    I'm more concerned about the fact that the OP said women use the word "curvy" as an excuse to not lose weight. Contrary to popular belief, not every woman (overweight or otherwise) feels the need to adhere to a certain standard. Like it or not, there are women in this world that are genuinely pleased with their bodies at whatever size. Saying a woman is making an excuse is moot...because to them, they are beautiful and happy. If they want to label themselves as curvy, why is it our business?
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I'm more concerned about the fact that the OP said women use the word "curvy" as an excuse to not lose weight. Contrary to popular belief, not every woman (overweight or otherwise) feels the need to adhere to a certain standard. Like it or not, there are women in this world that are genuinely pleased with their bodies at whatever size. Saying a woman is making an excuse is moot...because to them, they are beautiful and happy. If they want to label themselves as curvy, why is it our business?

Amen!! If someone's comfortable with themselves, then WTF?! Why make a damn thread about it?
  • ktillotson14
    Options

Amen!! If someone's comfortable with themselves, then WTF?! Why make a damn thread about it?

Attention
  • xcarbonix
    Options
    Wake me up when the OP realizes that curvy is not a scientific anatomy term and is therefore relative to someone's personal aesthetic qualifications.... if that takes too long then just wake me up when she learns how to type.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Wake me up when the OP realizes that curvy is not a scientific anatomy term and is therefore relative to someone's personal aesthetic qualifications.... if that takes too long then just wake me up when she learns how to type.

You have got stuff painted all over your arms, why are you talking down on the OP.
    Paintings are meant to be done on easels, not on arms.

lol all of you guys are so angry and it amuses me.

rsv4gh-1.gif
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    why do girls always get upset when talk about "fat"?

Who's upset? All I'm saying is it's not our business if a) someone is fat and b) how aforementioned fat person describes their body type.
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I picture somewhere in some old sweet lady's house there is a framed cross stitch hanging up on the wall- It has a little gray winding road stitched in it and says "You're not fat, you're Curvy" and the one next to it says "On that day not a single f@#% was given" haha that old lady showed everyone what was up.
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    I picture somewhere in some old sweet lady's house there is a framed cross stitch hanging up on the wall- It has a little gray winding road stitched in it and says "You're not fat, you're Curvy" and the one next to it says "On that day not a single f@#% was given" haha that old lady showed everyone what was up.

Haha this made me smile
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ..... having babies widens the hips.......

..................just say'in :laugh:

Uggggh, I wish!! In my case, NOT! Maybe I need to pop out a few more before these tiny hips widen out a bit, lol.

I've had 2 children, I'm 35 years old, and I can fit into jeans I wore at 24. I had my kids at 31 and 33. Having wider hips (i have a 10 inch gap between waist and hips) probably means my pelvic bone is wider, and I've had easy labours and births, just gas and air, and no stitches with either, and was home 5 hours after having my daughter. So I'm happy with my wider hips, Just saying....

You have birthing hips!! Go you!! Seriously, I have very very small hips(28.5") and I do often wish they were wider. Hard to find jeans that fit, etc. That and it makes me look like a 12 year old :/ I had a fairly difficult delivery with my son. But it was because my pelvic bone is tilted, not because of hip size. I'm glad you've easy labors and births! :)