Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    It's not a big deal. Don't like it? Continue scrolling.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of tacky to post. It's not wrong, though.

In regards to breastfeeding in public: I think it's ok as long as the mother is discreet about it. Otherwise it's just kind of weird.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

In regards to breastfeeding in public: I think it's ok as long as the mother is discreet about it. Otherwise it's just kind of weird.
    This is pretty much how I feel.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    DevantlamairiedelavilledeSarrenbourgFrance.jpg

Devant la mairie de la ville de Sarrebourg, France

God bless the French!!!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I apologize for this statement. I have been sick for 4 days and calling those of us that disagreed with you idiotic just set me off. It was not right for me to take things to that level. We should be having a civil discussion. Please accept my apology.

I find your apology inauthentic and your motivations questionable.
    You don't strike me at all as the type who desires a civil discussion.
    You have a meal to eat.
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So this whole thing was started because your ex-friend posted something? this isn't even someone you like?
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Every situation is different with every baby. Mothers know what they are and should know how to work around them and the time schedule. So why is there an excuse as to why it is ok to be lazy?

My baby was born 10 weeks preemie, it was a miracle that she could even breastfeed at all, she was on a 2-3 hour feeding schedule for 6 months, 24/7, fruck you for implying it was lazy for me to feed her outside the home...all I did was feed her, had I not chosen to feed her outside i never would have left my house, and I did have another child to care for as well.

I think men's opinions cannot even be counted in this debate..I am grateful for the supportive men of course, but generally y'all really need to STFU!!

Returning to the original debate...OP you show more skin in your fake avatar than I ever showed breastfeeding, in fact I probably show more skin in my real avatar than I ever showed breastfeeding..

All I can say is thank Christ I live in Sweden...
  • jdennisj
    Options
    Let me propose another idea. Why not pump before going out and have that milk available to feed the baby when at a restaurant?
    [/quote]

I having been following this thread for a while and even made a comment earlier. Quite frankly FL Guy, I think the real hang up is all yours. Forget about where a woman breast feeds, it is one of the most natural events to occur. It is somewhat obvious to me that you find feeding a baby disgusting - you probably need to look into yourself as to why that issue has such a strong hold on you. I personally like to live by the laws of nature and do not think twice about this event regardless where it occurs.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Every situation is different with every baby. Mothers know what they are and should know how to work around them and the time schedule. So why is there an excuse as to why it is ok to be lazy?

My baby was born 10 weeks preemie, it was a miracle that she could even breastfeed at all, she was on a 2-3 hour feeding schedule for 6 months, 24/7, fruck you for implying it was lazy for me to feed her outside the home...all I did was feed her, had I not chosen to feed her outside i never would have left my house, and I did have another child to care for as well.

I think men's opinions cannot even be counted in this debate..I am grateful for the supportive men of course, but generally y'all really need to STFU!!

Returning to the original debate...OP you show more skin in your fake avatar than I ever showed breastfeeding, in fact I probably show more skin in my real avatar than I ever showed breastfeeding..

All I can say is thank Christ I live in Sweden...

I would love for this 'man' to have a baby and breastfeed and then he would realise what complete and utter ****e he is spouting. Breastfeeding whilst looking after other children, looking after the home and doing everything else life requires is the most exhausting thing I have ever done in my life.

I was once so sleep deprived I made the mistake of putting my foot on the accelerator instead of the brake....f*cking scarey moment, I pulled over and cried.

Makes me so angry when people state stupid opinions on something they will never experience and have no idea what they're talking about.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Let me propose another idea. Why not pump before going out and have that milk available to feed the baby when at a restaurant?

Not all women can just "pump" and go. I for instance COULD NOT, i always kept it discreet i had a nirsing blanket but hello people god made breasts for milk. Every women has milk ducts, if u think its wierd your kinda hating on your OWN bodies function if your a women that is. We are meant to produce milk for our young, the only reason its "wierd" now a days is because formula has basically replaced it. Back in the 50s all women either breast fed or fed their children goats milk IF they couldnt produce enough.

Its natural not wierd. Get over it.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options

Do you even KNOW the definition of tacky? You think posting a picture of feeding your child is in poor taste and quality? SERiOUSLY? I just LOLed...
  • Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options

well you can read my prev posts. As well.. I never said it was wrong but in most people and most situations it is laziness. Not taking time to plan ahead. Maybe not every situation but most can be done in private. My original post was also about the women complaining about people looking when they are the ones in public. So tap dance away it is my opinion. I have had 2 kids and I was able to plan thier bottles out BEFORE I did what I wanted or needed to do. Babies have a pretty regular time schedule.

You are very lucky to have babies with regular schedules. I have 8 children and have not had that experience. We are all different. I try to be discreet. I have had children that have no problem allowing me to use a drape or a blanket over them but I have had some that are screaming maniacs if I try a drape. If people stare that is their problem. I also dislike it when people want to bf in public and then complain if someone looks.

This was all I was trying to say. I never said at any point it was unacceptable. I guess I look at things differently and offend people if it didnt come out right over the several posts. I would do anything for my kids at any time they need something. I was always able to time manage my kids for the most part. However the times I wasnt able to I was able to figure out the next possible thing. Dad's cant just breast feed on the spot and it takes a lot of work to plan things out. I wasnt saying it was ok or not ok by any means just dont complain if people look.
    Maybe you didn't mean to say it the way it sounded, but if somebody told my wife she is lazy for breastfeeding, I don't care if it was somebody's grandmother with a walker, she would be wearing it as a headband.

you are looking too much into it.. The act of in public breastfeeding is lazy. Why not go to the car, cover up, use a dressing room at a department store there are several almost unlimited alternatives. To chose not to exercise those options can be viewed as being lazy. I cannot think of any reason or situation a woman would have that would require her to not be descrete. While someone may come up with something very one off 99% of all situations can be controlled. If it is because she doesnt care then fine. I never said it is wrong, however, I would not want my wifes business hanging out for everyone to look at.If you are ready to destroy the elderly over a comment then I would be interested to see what happens when someone looks at your wifes chest.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options

well you can read my prev posts. As well.. I never said it was wrong but in most people and most situations it is laziness. Not taking time to plan ahead. Maybe not every situation but most can be done in private. My original post was also about the women complaining about people looking when they are the ones in public. So tap dance away it is my opinion. I have had 2 kids and I was able to plan thier bottles out BEFORE I did what I wanted or needed to do. Babies have a pretty regular time schedule.

You are very lucky to have babies with regular schedules. I have 8 children and have not had that experience. We are all different. I try to be discreet. I have had children that have no problem allowing me to use a drape or a blanket over them but I have had some that are screaming maniacs if I try a drape. If people stare that is their problem. I also dislike it when people want to bf in public and then complain if someone looks.

This was all I was trying to say. I never said at any point it was unacceptable. I guess I look at things differently and offend people if it didnt come out right over the several posts. I would do anything for my kids at any time they need something. I was always able to time manage my kids for the most part. However the times I wasnt able to I was able to figure out the next possible thing. Dad's cant just breast feed on the spot and it takes a lot of work to plan things out. I wasnt saying it was ok or not ok by any means just dont complain if people look.
    Maybe you didn't mean to say it the way it sounded, but if somebody told my wife she is lazy for breastfeeding, I don't care if it was somebody's grandmother with a walker, she would be wearing it as a headband.

you are looking too much into it.. The act of in public breastfeeding is lazy. Why not go to the car, cover up, use a dressing room at a department store there are several almost unlimited alternatives. To chose not to exercise those options can be viewed as being lazy. I cannot think of any reason or situation a woman would have that would require her to not be descrete. While someone may come up with something very one off 99% of all situations can be controlled. If it is because she doesnt care then fine. I never said it is wrong, however, I would not want my wifes business hanging out for everyone to look at.If you are ready to destroy the elderly over a comment then I would be interested to see what happens when someone looks at your wifes chest.

Are you ignorant? Tell me this do you actually HAVE any children? You do know that NOT every restroom ever has a seat to sit and feed baby. Not only that but how unsanitary do u think an environment like that is? A breatfed baby need milk EVERY 2-3 hrs. Not only that but in order for proper production of milk momma has to be comfortable! If you were a real father you wouldnt be concerned about who is looking at your wifes breasts, your concern would be for baby.

Asking a women to put down everything and walk to the car to feed her child is ridiculous, you sir are ridiculous.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Are you ignorant? Tell me this do you actually HAVE any children? You do know that NOT every restroom ever has a seat to sit and feed baby. Not only that but how unsanitary do u think an environment like that is? A breatfed baby need milk EVERY 2-3 hrs. Not only that but in order for proper production of milk momma has to be comfortable! If you were a real father you wouldnt be concerned about who is looking at your wifes breasts, your concern would be for baby.

Asking a women to put down everything and walk to the car to feed her child is ridiculous, you sir are ridiculous.

Totally agree!!!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Pumping is not always an option. I, and many other women, did not respond to a pump. At most I could get an ounce out. Many babies do not take bottles either. Then you have the issue of keeping the milk at a proper temperature. On top of that, the mother may end up going too long without nursing and that can bring on a new set of problems as well. It complicates things, to say the least and why go through that for the comfort of strangers? One great benefit of breastfeeding to a mother is the convenience. Milk is instantly ready at all times and there is no prep work required.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

How backward you are in your views.

Let me give you an example, I go out with my children for lunch, the baby is crying and needs to be breastfed...shall we abandon our meal and all go sit in the car (if we have a car) to feed the baby....shall I leave my kids on their own or take them with me to the unhygienic toilet to feed my baby?

What I would do and have done is feed my baby at the table, if anyone doesn't like it, it's their problem and they can go sit in their car or the toilet to have their meal and see how they enjoy that.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options

"I wouldn't want my wife's business hanging out for everyone to look at" Okay - firstly.. it's your wife's business, not yours.. and if she wanted to breastfeed in public, then it's her choice to do so.
    When everyone stops eating in public, puts a drape over their head, or goes to eat in another room.. then I'll stop feeding my children in public.
    If you guys want to stare, or look at me in disgust - that's your right to do so, and I'm not going to pick at you or tell you that you're wrong for your opinions.. because quite simply.. I don't care. I see plenty of women feeding their kids, and it doesn't get a second glance from me. I'm out to do whatever I need to do.
    But yeah, I'll state it again - when those who hate breastfeeding in public start wearing a cloth over their head, or they go to the bathroom, private room, or manage their meals to eat at home - then we can start covering up to feed our kids. It's only fair.

And as for the OP, it doesn't matter what they post on fb. I've hidden pictures I didn't want to see from friends' pages. It's their page, and I didn't have to look :P
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

There are plenty of situations where you wouldn't be able to leave to breastfeed. Should she lose her place in line at the secretary of state every time a baby cries? All they have to do is hear the sound and they involuntarily start leaking everywhere. If people want to look, go right ahead. My wife is the one that changed her profile picture for this thread. As much as it would kill me to not create a bloodbath if somebody did say something, I'm perfectly content with phoning a favor from my brother's firm. She is discreet when she breastfeeds in public, but if you or anyone else tells her she'd better be careful not to offend anyone, you'd better have a good dental plan or a good lawyer, because it would depend entirely on my mood whether I'd have a fistful of teeth or a law suit.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly content with phoning a favor from my brother's firm. She is discreet when she breastfeeds in public, but if you or anyone else tells her she'd better be careful not to offend anyone, you'd better have a good dental plan or a good lawyer, because it would depend entirely on my mood whether I'd have a fistful of teeth or a law suit.

3oq3y6.jpg
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

How backward you are in your views.

Let me give you an example, I go out with my children for lunch, the baby is crying and needs to be breastfed...shall we abandon our meal and all go sit in the car (if we have a car) to feed the baby....shall I leave my kids on their own or take them with me to the unhygienic toilet to feed my baby?

What I would do and have done is feed my baby at the table, if anyone doesn't like it, it's their problem and they can go sit in their car or the toilet to have their meal and see how they enjoy that.

As a mother of 8, I have to agree with this. My husband is very rarely able to go out with us because of his work schedule. There are times it is just not an option for me to up and go to the car to feed the baby. I do have drapes (which my current baby does not care for) and I have clothes that are BFing accessible (requiring very little skin to show while baby eats). I agree with being as discret as possible but we also need to accept that it is not always a possibility. We all need to be more respectful. Those of us who BF need to be considerate of those around us while we care for the needs of our children. Those who do not need to respect the BFer for doing the best thing for her child. Stop sexualizing breasts! Men have them and walk around showing them off all the time (some men have larger ones than I do!).