Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• terisaurus
    terisaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any reason to get my tits out tbh. I love boobs and everything they do.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    "It's natural" is not a valid argument? ROFL. Yeah. Because those little people with bellies the size of a walnut (or golf ball a little later) just don't need to eat.... make them wait...and scream for food while others (who legitimately COULD wait to get home) stuff their own faces without regard to people's disgust because they can't chew with their mouths closed. All out of fear that someone may catch a glimpse of a woman nursing. FYI: the nipple is NOT visible during breastfeeding, as it is well inside of the child's mouth.

I'll save the adjectives here too... some things [read: PEOPLE] just aren't worth the time.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    PS. I'd love to make some chocolate pie for the folks that are confused about this....

:bigsmile:
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My wife is breast feeding, and if we're out she will use a
    small blanket to cover up, or go out and sit in the Jeep.
    What ever she feels comfortable doing at the time.

This is completely fine to me. Blanket, towel, what ever.

My son HATED that. Do you want a blanket over your face while you're eating? You can nurse without covering the baby's face without the entire breast showing.

Maybe you can but my DD size breastfeeding boobs would disagree. True the whole boob might not be hanging out but the large size makes it difficult to be discreet and the thought of showing any of my breast in public makes me uncomfortable. I respect people who don't mind breastfeeding in public without the cover and am a little jealous of those who can. If someone wants to put up a picture of herself breastfeeding that's her choice and it is a natural part of life so I feel people shouldn't be offended by it. Again, it's not something I would personally do because I know my friends don't want to see it and I wouldn't feel comfortable with a picture of my breast on the internet anyway.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    "It's natural" is not a valid argument? ROFL. Yeah.
    The fact you don't consider it a valid argument for another question which involves public disgust suggests that it alone is not a valid argument for this either. Maybe fortified with other clarifications; but just saying "It's ok because it's natural" obviously doesn't hold true for you alone.

Anyway, despite someone being "wrong on the internet", I do have to go to bed, I'm afraid :).
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It's wrong to suffocate a baby to accommodate trolls.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I love how the biggest debaters on this post are men.

Well.... it seems to be men with the problem so I'm not sure why you would incinuate that it's none of our business or that we are not entitled to comment.

If the world only consisted of women do you think ANYONE would have a problem with breastfeeding in public???

Men NEED to be having this conversation.

Just my opinion :smile:

I appreciate that answer. I have been reading some of this thread to my husband and kids (especially my older ones). My 13 yo son just asked me why so many men were commenting on a breast feeding topic. He liked your answers.

For the person a while back that they had a problem with their kids seeing someone breastfeed in public, if you teach your kids some manners they will know to look away. My teenage sons have been around me and other breastfeeding moms and ......they look the mother in the eye if they need to speak to her (gasp, what a concept!!) or they focus their attention somewhere else in the mean time.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Breasts are made for one reason - to feed babies.

I wonder if the males of any other species finds mammary glands so attractive??

Obviously the problem originates from some people's ianability to separate the breast's natural function (ie feeding babies) from their secondary sexual characteristics. This of course is a purely cultural thing. There are many cultures in the world where the breasts are always exposed and are NOT thought of with the same sexual connotations as here in the west.

Our prudish and (in my opinion) warped cultural mores have created this problem.

WE need to get over it because it's dumb.

No other primate species has that attraction--ape and monkey secondary sexual characteristics are the rump, actually. There's some evolutionary theory that as homo sapiens became erect (and the bottom was no longer protruding), the breasts may have grown because the male of the species would be seeing that more; I've even seen some research done to suggest this move happened to strengthen intimacy between mating pairs.

That being said, breasts ARE secondary sexual characteristics. That doesn't mean they are necessary for sexual attraction [in the modern world, English as a primary language countries (Canada, US, and UK) and Japan are considered the most breast obsessed nations. So you have something of a point there on, "Why doesn't everyone in the world pop a woodie over breasts?"]. They are also not necessary for reproduction. However, as "secondary" sexual characteristics, they develop as a sign of "Ready to mate and propagate the species, guys!" and to show that they will be able to nurture said ~issue~ (obviously important).

So, in summary: breasts are sexual. Just not necessarily in the way that sex=lust/intercourse.

I just like to point out this info since evolutionary theory is something of a hobby of mine (and because I'm committed to ridding the world of ridiculous "morality"). So I'm with you buddy.
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Well.... it seems to be men with the problem so I'm not sure why you would incinuate that it's none of our business or that we are not entitled to comment.

If the world only consisted of women do you think ANYONE would have a problem with breastfeeding in public???

I wasn't stating it like that, I was stating that I love it! Its so interesting to see it from "the other side!" And I am absolutely thrilled that there are men defending it so strongly! It makes me happy! :flowerforyou:

By the way, I'm nursing while I'm typing this! At an internet cafe. That's how I roll. :glasses:
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options

I wasn't stating it like that, I was stating that I love it! Its so interesting to see it from "the other side!" And I am absolutely thrilled that there are men defending it so strongly! It makes me happy! :flowerforyou:

By the way, I'm nursing while I'm typing this! At an internet cafe. That's how I roll. :glasses:

In that case I apologize unreservedly for insinuating that you were insinuating :flowerforyou: