Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Not seeing the problem. . . no different than seeing a picture of a woman's cleavage.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    As long as her breasts aren't exposed, who cares?

Yes, I'd report it if her boobs were out there.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it funny OP has a picture of a half naked women in a bikini with cut off short shorts unbuttoned but takes issue with a mother feeding her infant?
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This debate actually angers me.

Do you know what people should be ashamed of??? Posting pictures of their obese children eating McDonald's or pizza.

Get a grip America.... It's a breast... and breastfeeding is the most natural, beautiful and healthy thing a woman can do for and with her child.

And some of you find it OFFENCIVE??? Amazing.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What most angry women are failing to see is that I am not knocking you. You are just seeing a man post about what he has had to do with his kids because he never had those options. Breastfeeding is natural, however, do I want my 11 year old boy to see your boobs in public? No, not really but I can explain to him what you're doing. Just not why in the middle of all these people.

I cannot believe that I just read a man say that he does not want to have to explain to his 11 yo son what a woman is doing when she is breastfeeding!!!

This is a man who in a few short years will probably also NOT want to explain to his son how to have safe sex or prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Sir.... You are treating your 11yo son like an IDIOT... and YOU are a coward.
  • jdennisj
    Options
    Does anyone else find it funny OP has a picture of a half naked women in a bikini with cut off short shorts unbuttoned but takes issue with a mother feeding her infant?

I felt the same way. I think the OP is somewhat immature and was trying to find a reason to be upset with her friend who friended her "EX" friend. The OP would be better off posting her own picture than stealing copyrighted material and using it as her own. Way to much drama with the OP as far as I am concerned.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I can't stand children that are not directly related to a friend or family member, and the sound of a child crying makes my skin crawl. I would rather a woman rip off her entire shirt to breastfeed than hear a child shrieking.

I don't find breastfeeding to be beautiful. I find it to be practical and healthy, and I think it's positively deranged that people get so hung up on a false sense of propriety about a kid eating.

Granted, I do get a little peeved at some of the militant breastfeeding moms. "Boobs are for feeding babies, not sexual pleasure." Well, many parts of the body are perfectly capable of multi-tasking.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Well, many parts of the body are perfectly capable of multi-tasking.

LOL. I love that!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    What most angry women are failing to see is that I am not knocking you. You are just seeing a man post about what he has had to do with his kids because he never had those options. Breastfeeding is natural, however, do I want my 11 year old boy to see your boobs in public? No, not really but I can explain to him what you're doing. Just not why in the middle of all these people.

I cannot believe that I just read a man say that he does not want to have to explain to his 11 yo son what a woman is doing when she is breastfeeding!!!

This is a man who in a few short years will probably also NOT want to explain to his son how to have safe sex or prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Sir.... You are treating your 11yo son like an IDIOT... and YOU are a coward.

THIS. What's so hard about saying "son, that lady is nursing her baby." and then moving on. If the child asks more questions, then you explain that sometimes mommies feed their babies with bottles and sometimes with their breasts. What's so hard about that? Sounds to me like an excuse to be a lazy parent or a sheltering one.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    This debate actually angers me.

Do you know what people should be ashamed of??? Posting pictures of their obese children eating McDonald's or pizza.

Get a grip America.... It's a breast... and breastfeeding is the most natural, beautiful and healthy thing a woman can do for and with her child.

And some of you find it OFFENSIVE??? Amazing.

You sir are completely correct!

My wife breast feeds our baby boy, wherever and whenever he is hungry, if you have a problem with that, I suggest you jog on! :angry:

I can't believe this is still raging on from yesterday, there are more important things in life to get wound up about, like war, poverty and greed but lets just fight amongst ourselves shall we?! :grumble:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Thinking of comparing breastfeeding to sex? bad move. ..... which is criminal sexual conduct, in a public place makes it indecent exposure.
    QFT! Anyone who compares nursing in public to screwing in public needs therapy.....seriously.
    Any two things can be compared.
    Though, I wasn't specifically comparing the things, it's others that are trying to do that.
    Just that if you use the answer for one question, then you can for another question. If you don't think that justifies the other question, then it very much puts the basis of the answer in question it's self.

Oh and I'm sure it would be considered criminal to get boobs out in some places.
    Not sure about in the UK/US. Actually, a quick look on google suggests that in some places in some circumstances it certainly is illegal in the US.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm sure it would be considered criminal to get boobs out in some places.

Thankfully it isn't illegal in NY. Nor should it be.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Thinking of comparing breastfeeding to sex? bad move. ..... which is criminal sexual conduct, in a public place makes it indecent exposure.
    QFT! Anyone who compares nursing in public to screwing in public needs therapy.....seriously.
    Though, I wasn't specifically comparing the things, it's others that are trying to do that.
    Just that if you use the answer for one question, then you can for another question. If you don't think that justifies the other question, then it very much puts the basis of the answer in question it's self.

Not sure about in the UK/US. Actually, a quick look on google suggests that in some places in some circumstances it certainly is illegal in the US.

Getting your boobs out to indecently expose yourself is illegal, getting your boobs out to do what they're intended to do and feed your child, of whom is MUCH more important than any tosser on the street, is not.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I believe breastfeeding is a wonderful thing. Its the most natural act there is..

It makes me angry when people fail to understand that. When breastfeeding, the breast is not a breast anymore, its just a food source. Period !!! I dont understand why americans have such a hard f*** time understanding that.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding is a natural thing. So is pissing and sh*tting.
    Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it should be made public.

If you want to breast feed at the restaurant, the family bathroom is over there.

If you feel that is mean, then fine - I'll start taking a dump on the table in the restaurant and you better hold your tongue.

I cant believe you compared feeding a baby with taking a dump !!! I really hope you are kidding Normal
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Getting your boobs out to indecently expose yourself is illegal, getting your boobs out to do what they're intended to do and feed your child, of whom is MUCH more important than any tosser on the street, is not.
    Google suggests that is not the case for all areas. Didn't look in to it in a massive amount of detail.

the breast is not a breast anymore, its just a food source. Period !!!
    That may be how you view it. But I'm afraid writing 'period' with full stops after it does not make it any more true.
    Obviously it is still 'a breast'. And for one reason or another, a lot of people in society don't like that.

Oh and yes; in various cases I have found that I have HAD to urinate in a fairly public place. I'll generally find somewhere out of the way to do it, because I know some people are offended by it - for instance the other week in a car park in Manchester I went around to some bushes where nobody could easily see rather than just by the wall.
    (Big bottle of drink in the car and previously being sat in traffic bored not a great combination.)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Why is it illegal?
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I was very open with breastfeeding and would let my son feed whenever he was hungry, even in line at the grocery store. I didn't cover up and didn't even look to see if someone was watching. That being said, I wouldn't put a picture of it on facebook. I have a photo I keep in a photo album, just for the memories though.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Lots of people put up photos of their babies eating. Not seeing the issue.

I'm not saying it's an ISSUE. I'm asking for opinions on it because I'm curious.

And I gave my opinion. It's a photo of a baby eating. No big deal.

I agree with this opinion. I don't hide when I eat, people don't hide their babies when their eating out of a bottle. Yes, boobs are fun, but their real biological purpose is this. The whole purpose of the boob is to produce milk to nourish offspring. The fact that they look nice all pushed up under your chin is just a bonus.
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    Providing said people don't have a problem with other similarly naked breasts appearing in similar positions, I have no problem with it.
    If they do, I reserve the right to shout 'hypocrite' and 'get real' :).
    Men can go topless. Women should be able to as well as far as I'm concerned. As far as breastfeeding goes, if I ever catch anyone complaining about it, I will choke the life out of them without hesitation or guilt.

Where I live it's perfectly legal for a woman to go topless. The law was passed years ago and I have yet to see any woman topless unless it's in her backyard.