How much water do you drink a day, be honest.

Options

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    10-12 glasses. I have a 24oz bottle I fill up at work at least 4 times and then I drink 2-3 glasses at night.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough .. never drank water before I logged in here 25 days ago .. was always teas, coffees, sodas.. never plain water ..

Now I'm trying .. but I don't get nearly enough just plain water .. about 3 on average .. :( I have managed between 5-7 before .. but it's a real struggle

Flavoring them with anything doesn't seem to help ..
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Around 9 tall glasses per day. Plus, two or three cups of herbal tea without any sugar or milk. I put lemon slices in my water to give it some zing.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have only been at this 2 wks but at about 56 oz a day only..that is 7 of the 8 that is recommended daily..it is hard because it makes me full..
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Anywhere from 72 to 136 ounces of plain water per day.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    At least 1 1/2 gallons every day. Plain ole filtered water. I can't get enough!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    6-8 cups per day, 1-2 at night.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Probably 120-150 ounces. I have a cup that I refill all day.
  • FaithInAes
    FaithInAes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle that holds 3 cups and I usually fill it up 3 to 4 times a day, so anywhere from 9-12 cups, sometimes less, sometimes more.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm astonished to see people say they don't drink water because it's boring.
    It's not exactly there to entertain you, and the body requires it for optimal functioning.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    plain water, Monday-Friday...not nearly as much on the weekends when I'm not chained to a chair.

It's funny - being tied to a chair weekdays makes me drink more water too. Weekends, not so much.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I drink 12 cups of water by itself.
    I drink 3-6 cups of green tea
    I drink 3-6 cups of camomille tea
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I fall between 128 - 160 oz's a day. My husband thinks I'm crazy and that I'm drinking to much - but I love it! Plus, I've had kidney stones...If drinking water helps prevent a kidney stone and the pain that comes with it, then I'll drink it no matter what! I do like water, and I drink it from morning till bedtime!
  • Princess2012forever
    Options
    6-12 cups a day. Remember a glass is 8oz serving. You will want more on other days. I think drinking plain water is the best but I've also lost a ton of weight guzzling diet coke. However, I'm getting strict on myself again and going back to plain water only as I've become addicted to diet sodas and diet lemonade. The first three days are the hardest. You'll find yourself getting thirsty and not wanting to drink water. But that increased thirst if you ignore it, allowing yourself to get very thirsty and overcome you and the next time you take a drink, make sure its water and you'll start to appreciate it so much more.

Another thing is I started thinking of ways to treat myself with water. I LOVE the taste of Evian. If I'm out, instead of getting a diet coke or some unecessary sweets, I'll treat myself to a big bottle of Evian.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    no less than 8 glasses--most days 16
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    as drinking water helped you loose weight?

I know some people will retain more...

I think helps. You'll drop excess water weight fairly quickly once you start drinking a significant amount of water, then it kinda slows down and you'll start seeing weight loss at a slower, but steadier pace. Don't be shocked when you have to use the restroom about every hour!
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a 25oz. Camelback bottle I refill about 5x a day. It's at my desk and doesn't leave my side at night!
  • AmyTippett2012
    Options
    I drink 10-12 cups per day. Water is all that I mostly drink.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    At least 3 litres of plain water.. I'm always thirsty.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I usually average about 5 glasses a day. It's not great but it's a good start :)