What was your clique in HS, and are you still the same?

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I was with the cool nerds for a couple years. I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but we had that group. I was really only in it because these kids were my besties all growing up. However, I couldn't take the nerdyness anymore, so I ended up in the random group of people who wanted new friends. Most fun random lunches ever. We weren't anything alike, but we knew how to have a good time!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Quiet art girl, made a friend and he was shocked to find that I spoke english and I wasn't the swedish exchange student... LOL.
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    Didn't stay in one school long enough to get lumped into a certain category. I was in my first HS for a month, but had to leave because I was a rebellious pain in the *kitten*. Was anti-social in my second school - was there for almost a year. Was home-schooled thereafter and thrived. I guess I was the hard *kitten* who hated having people tell me what my intentions were (to impress others) when I truly didn't care about approval from anyone.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Loud-mouth clown that liked to keep to herself, often skipping class to take naps, but somehow had a 90 (A) average (You also wouldn't dare mess with me, I'm lippy and know how to scrap).
    7 years later I'm still with my "highschool sweetheart" who was the other loud-mouth clown that liked to keep to himself.
    Together we were a terrible twosome who had nearly every class together, cackling at our inside jokes and disrupting class every 5 minutes. Probably also came to class a few too many times under the influence of...substances.
    True love.

Definitely still the same.

Highschool wasn't a horrible time, more like a big joke with people who liked to cause drama for no reason. A reunion would be hilarious.

ETA I don't think my HS experience would be typical to most peoples', as it was an art school. Large LGTB community, theatre geeks, band and dance nerds...I don't remember anyone ever getting physically bullied and we obviously weren't big into sports so there weren't any jocks.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I was definitely an outcase stoner, rocker, at the back of the school smoking, and getting expelled from school. I had a lot of fun and great experiences.

I'm still pretty much the same. i don't really fit in, I kind of do my own thing, loner, in trouble a lot. blah, blah, blah.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    basketball player, hung with the party boys. made so many mistakes I couldnt begin to explain. smart but wouldnt study. nice but acted indifferent. realized quickly that this combination would get me ZERO in life and changed course. thank god for my parents. today, i am not the same, at all. i make it a point to meet new people, listen to what they say. my social life revolves around my kids, wife and our families.

if i could do it all over again i would do so many things differently.

that may have been the first time i've actually said/types that phrase.....
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I was the goody-two-shoe who played in the guitar club and hung out in the purse room during dances. still about the same. don't drink, don't smoke... don't want to be the center of attention... I teach music to Pre-k through 8th graders, choreograph and run the sound... lol!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Nerdy (as in Valedictorian super nerd lol) band geek who was also a cheerleader (although my school was a bit small and the marching band was "cool" but only losers did cheerleading). Now I'm in a chemistry PhD program, so we're all nerds. I would say I'm the on the freaky side of nerd (ride a motorcycle, have tattoos and dye my hair crazy colors). The cliques here basically boil down to "Asian" and "Non-Asian", your labmates, and your year of entry.
  • missymoga
    missymoga Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I got along with everyone and hung out in all the "cliques". I was a competitive cheerleader. I'd say I am still the same as far as getting along with people but I am definitely more artsy now than I was in high school.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I didn't really fit in any group in HS. I played Football and Wrestled, but I didn't really mesh with the jock. I was a straight A student, but I didn't really click with the Academics. I didn't take drugs or drink, so I wasn't part of the cool crown. Had the same best friend and the same girlfriend all through HS. If I was anything, I was probably considered kind of a class clown.. Had a good sense of humor and tended to see the funnier side of ever situation.

HS was a blast however. Don't remember any bad times, only good. Graduated 40 years ago in 1972. Great time to be in HS.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I hated high-school and didn't fit in anywhere.

I didn't go to my 10 reunion last year, I REALLY REALLY hated high-school
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Nerdy (as in Valedictorian super nerd lol) band geek who was also a cheerleader (although my school was a bit small and the marching band was "cool" but only losers did cheerleading). Now I'm in a chemistry PhD program, so we're all nerds. I would say I'm the on the freaky side of nerd (ride a motorcycle, have tattoos and dye my hair crazy colors). The cliques here basically boil down to "Asian" and "Non-Asian", your labmates, and your year of entry.

That is soooooo true about chem grad school: asian, non-asian, your lab and your year. Yep. I'll second that one. Oh, and I was the only punker in grad school and undergrad.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I hated high-school and didn't fit in anywhere.

I didn't go to my 10 reunion last year, I REALLY REALLY hated high-school

Yeah. The issue I have is I look at the list of people going to the HS Reunion, and I don't know any of those people. The people I hung out with wouldn't be going to that. We just hung out with each other, not all those other people. LOL. I hated HS probably more than anyone. Barely went.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I didn't really fit in any group in HS. I played Football and Wrestled, but I didn't really mesh with the jock. I was a straight A student, but I didn't really click with the Academics. I didn't take drugs or drink, so I wasn't part of the cool crown. Had the same best friend and the same girlfriend all through HS. If I was anything, I was probably considered kind of a class clown.. Had a good sense of humor and tended to see the funnier side of ever situation.

HS was a blast however. Don't remember any bad times, only good. Graduated 40 years ago in 1972. Great time to be in HS.

Oh, I forgot the part about "Am I still the same?' Yep. If you didn't like me then, you wouldn't like me now. I'm a little more seasoned and have experienced much more, but I'm still the same straight-forward type of guy.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Jocks/cheerleaders/typical over achievers crowd.
    Hated about 9/10ths of them. Lol
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Total nerd. I had my group of friends from various cliques though. Granted it was a time in my life I don't care to repeat and was grateful to go off to college where cliques were far less important. Needless to say I quickly recycle the notifications for my high school reunions!
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I was the coolest girl in high school. Everyone wanted to do their hair like me, dress like me. I went to an all-girls, small, private high school. My graduating class was 42 people and there were the 30 "them" and the 12 "us". In 8th grade, we were bullied and called the "public school girls" or "PSG's".

By 10th-11th grade, we had turned the hierarchy of school upside down and the 12 of us were the popular clique. Lucky for them it wasn't like "Mean Girls" or "Jawbreaker". I was a benevolent ruler. LOL

My little sister was lucky because she was cool by association. LOL
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I went to 3 High Schools so never really fit in with one clique or another. I got along with folks in all groups but felt pretty much an outsider except for the 2nd HS. Still have friends from there. My BoyFriend through most of HS was from another school. I am told I was considered a free spirit marching to my own drum. Hmm, I was a good student, heavy into vocal music. Didn't act out till my late teens/early twenties. Had a hell of an exciting eventful life. I think if you liked me then you would like me now, though I am much more confident of myself now than then.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Stoners, metal kids, and artists.
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I went to a theatrical high school....we were all odd balls :laugh: