Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Huge and Half Ton Weight
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    well I only tended to get hassle from neds, whose insults mostly revolve around being gay. Also they get jealous of people with a girlfriend.

So when I was fat(ter) they would call me "a poof" despite the fact I was the one with the girl. Bizarre...
    'neds'?
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Nobody really called me anything bad when I gained weight. I guess it was because I was well into adulthood when I gained weight and didn't really get out much anyway. When I was a kid, I got it for having red hair. Red hair turns guys on and when it's a guy with red hair, they feel all awkward and doubting themselves and their sexuality, so they feel the need to lash out at what's causing them distress. I probably wouldn't have survived high school without the help of martial arts.
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    well I only tended to get hassle from neds, whose insults mostly revolve around being gay. Also they get jealous of people with a girlfriend.

So when I was fat(ter) they would call me "a poof" despite the fact I was the one with the girl. Bizarre...
    'neds'?

Oh sorry a scottish word for a chav. If you don't know what a chav is, just imagine the kind of person who robs a house, goes joy-riding and owns a prestige dog.
  • Lardass and fat b*****d by loads of people :') including parents and siblings
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Some "friends" of mine started calling another good friend of mine Moby (as in Moby ****) and made comments behind her back about her "beached whale" qualities. It really got to me - they are no longer my friends.

As for myself, I haven't been called names to my face but as I would eat breakfast with my best friend at her house last year her mum would always walk by and slap her thighs saying "just checking the size of her thighs, making sure she's still as huge as ever!" and other awful things like this.

I've been surrounded by people like this but have not been the victim of their words - only the close friends of those victims.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my aunt would call me a big ox and make fun of me every time I ate. Then I found out later she had psych issues and a history of anorexia. The people calling you names are the ones with problems, not you.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Well this one guy I used to be involved with (& still kind of am? I don't know anymore lol) was laying down next to me on my bed. And he patted my stomach and said "our baby's in here" even though I obviously wasn't pregnant lmao.

It made me laugh but I was still like wow, you just called me fat. That was about 4 weeks ago, and I've lost 7 pounds since then so go me.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh human contact...it's over-rated!:mad:
  • jg627
    Options

'neds'?

Oh sorry a scottish word for a chav. If you don't know what a chav is, just imagine the kind of person who robs a house, goes joy-riding and owns a prestige dog.
    I never would have even guessed that there would be a name for someone who does that. You learn something new every day.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my mom spent so much time calling me thunder thighs and hippo hips as a child I had no idea that i was actually thin in high school until I got seriously fat as an adult and took a look at some old pictures. I wasted my skinny youth thinking I was a fat girl and I'm kind of pissed about it. I told my mom a few weeks back and she said we only called you that because you were so strong...WTF?

OMG my dad did the thunder thigh deal. I ended up in eating disorder treatment over my thighs. At 70 lbs I still thought i was fat. Taken me 30 odd yrs to really like my body even heavy.,
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My Mom takes it upon herself to let me know that I'm bigger than I should be. That doesn't really matter. What really got me was my dear sweet husband who has never called me fat said, "you're just bigger than your normal size." I know he was just being honest and didn't mean to hurt me but that was the first time in 17 years that he's said anything about me being fat. I've not been teased by anyone. In fact I don't remember anyone getting teased to their face about being "different". I had some smart *kitten* friends that would share their opinions about how other people looked or acted but everyone was pretty decent to each other. I was lucky that way. When I was in grade school my neighbors Mom called me "dumb blond". I actually believed her for a long time. I came to find out though that I'm actually quite smart. Take that Sandy!
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    The worst one I can recall was from elementary and it wasn't a name, it was a sentence. "You're so ugly, why don't you just kill yourself."

That's just beyond cruel - that kid should've been spanked into next week.

I've been told that too - in the Danish equivalent of high-school. My case of bullying was extreme though (got beaten up on a daily basis, etc.), but kids telling other kids to kill themselves? Wow.
  • jg627
    Options
    The worst one I can recall was from elementary and it wasn't a name, it was a sentence. "You're so ugly, why don't you just kill yourself."

I've been told that too - in the Danish equivalent of high-school. My case of bullying was extreme though (got beaten up on a daily basis, etc.), but kids telling other kids to kill themselves? Wow.
    I think it's wrong that schools punish the person who gets bullied if they fight back. I protested by doing it anyway, then threaten to sue, but that's another topic altogether. Some unsolicited advice: learn to fight back.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options

The sad thing it was five girls who said it everyday and it killed my self esteem.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,952 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, my best friend's brother called me Sweathog. I heard the "you're so ugly why don't you kill yourself" but for some reason it never seemed personal, just random trash talking, so it didn't really hurt like that bratty kid's words.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Chubs by my older brother. I was annorexic in college and went from 210 to 115 pounds in 6 months and he said it did not matter how much weight I lost I would always be chubs to him. I was devastated and continued to lose more weight the wrong way. :(
    My paternal grandmother once asked me if I 'really need to be eating that' when I was eating some cheese puffs for a snack (I was around 8 at the time).
    My maternal grandmother loved to grab my inner thigh throughout my childhood and say 'My God! Your legs are bigger than mine!' She weighed at least 200 pounds more than me at the time.
    Told by my step-grandmother that I could not lose weight because I was the 'fat one' and she would not be able to tell the difference between me and my skinny sister (who was a year younger and only 10 pounds lighter).
    It is strange, but I do not remember other kids making fun of me from my school. One kid at ballet class when I was 4, but other than that...nothing.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My mother called and still calls me Homer Simpson. I would laugh, she would laugh, and I would find somewhere quiet to cry.
    One of my best friends call me her little "Mexi roll" She was referring to my spanish heritage and the rolls on my stomach. I would laugh and pretend it didnt burn.
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    The sad thing it was five girls who said it everyday and it killed my self esteem.

That's horrible. :( I hope you've realized that it's not true by now, but I just wanna give the kid you a big, big hug.
    I think it's wrong that schools punish the person who gets bullied if they fight back. I protested by doing it anyway, then threaten to sue, but that's another topic altogether. Some unsolicited advice: learn to fight back.

No *kitten*. Back then, the teachers said they were unable to do anything because it happened outside the school premises. All they did about the things that actually happened ON school ground, was setting up a meeting with me, my parents, the principal, the parents of the bullies and the bullies themselves. The parents of the bullies never showed up, and the bullies just responded with "whatever", and it ended up just making it all worse, which only resulted in a two week suspension of said bullies. Of course, everything started all over again when they came back. Ah, the efficiency of the Danish school system back then.

In hindsight, I wish I had taken up self defense classes, but instead, I just stayed away from school. Regarding the thing I said about being called stupid, btw; I aced the exams, even though I had been absent at least half of the time, haha. :)
  • hughtwalker
    Options

'neds'?

I never would have even guessed that there would be a name for someone who does that. You learn something new every day.
    What sort of dog?