What's up with all the rude sarcastic people here?

Options

Replies

• angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Fortunately there is the ignore user option in the drop down arrow under their name... :bigsmile:

^^^^I love this option and have used it frequently. It's usually the same ones that are *kitten* everytime. I learned who they were and chose to ignore them.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't fear anonymous people posting anonymously on a free website. and you shouldn't be afraid to tell idiots to go jump in a volcano. nothing you write here goes down on your permanent record. i promise. :)

We're not all anonymous and things on the internet live forever. This forum is public.

As for the rudeness, it is what it is and those who are doing it will justify themselves as long as they have breath. They don't care that someone confused or looking for advice might get discouraged and leave the site because they don't understand the nature of the internet.

The best thing you can do is offer helpful advice when you can and block users who can't be helpful and are consistently hateful.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Fortunately there is the ignore user option in the drop down arrow under their name... :bigsmile:

^^^^I love this option and have used it frequently. It's usually the same ones that are *kitten* everytime. I learned who they were and chose to ignore them.

i did not know that!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    oh this site has all sorts...but most of all it has some amazing people who have made some of the best transformation i've ever seen or heard about. Of course theres those negative people..thats just how it is and its not gonna change. Putting anything out there on the forum leaves it open for the sharks to feed...and that they will...your friends list has a great amount of people there too that will give any kinda advice needed

Thing is...its not the message they write that can be offending..its how its perceived..some say things thinking seriously that its to help...some are just messing around and some simply like to cause trouble...you can tell when 10 minutes later another post is made making fun of somebody subtly about something they asked or got upset about...as far as i'm concerned questions can and should be asked repeatedly..just because something was asked a million times doesn't mean it contains the information that somebody needs..this site gains many new people everyday with many varying opinions and thats all fine...you're absolutely right...if somebody doesn't like whats asked..then its easy enough to either move on or give the advice over again no matter how many times..how hard is that really?...OP...keep doing whatever you are doing cause you look amazing all the way around
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

i did not know that!

It doesn't work. When I click on it I get this message: ["You cant ignore your own posts"] :ohwell:
  • man_dee_gee
    man_dee_gee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    See, once again talking about the search option. I'm not stupid, and I argue that most of the people on here are not, either. I know how to search... but you see all of the discussion that is going on here? Sometimes it gets way off topic and you never truly get the answer you are looking for. Sorry that a post annoys you. You have the option to ignore it, too. If you read the topic and it is familiar, move on. No real need to comment if it isn't constructive. I am allll about humor and having a good time, but we all aren't on the same level here so be the bigger person and let it go. I think we are getting to two different things now, too. I'm SURE the OP knows the difference between rude and just playing around. She is handling a lot of your comments way more appropriately than I would.

See, I told you, this is why I don't post! :-)

Kudos to you for sharing your opinion. Sometimes we just need to vent, and not get 50 opinions weighing in (myself included lol). Good luck on your journey!!

And yes, there are some incredibly rude people on here. My own opinion.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options

i did not know that!

It doesn't work. When I click on it I get this message: ["You cant ignore your own posts"] :ohwell:

your right, I just tried it to someone and got that too! They should fix that!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    1413-butthurt.png

:laugh:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

i did not know that!

Send a note to Scott. He handles most of the tech support issues and can help you with that.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Because you hoped to do what about it?

To tell people they don't need to be mean to people who genuinely want help. People will continue doing whatever they do, but I felt like saying something. So I did.

Kicking the trolls nest...

troll1.jpg
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    577111_127524080731900_1196072873_n.jpg
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Some days I WISH i could ignore my own posts! LOL
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    1. some people are just that way

2. theyre cranky out of hunger
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Because you hoped to do what about it?

To tell people they don't need to be mean to people who genuinely want help. People will continue doing whatever they do, but I felt like saying something. So I did.

Kicking the trolls nest...

troll1.jpg

Lol, look Ma! I'm a troll!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Please specifically point out where ANYONE has called someone fat/ugly/blob? I'd really like to see that. I've never seen it.

Does someone saying on a thread about Planet Fitness, that "Planet Fitness is for unattractive, fat people with low self esteem that can't stand the site of motivated individuals actually expending energy" count?

Yeah, it happened....
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    just like real life, dont focus on the small percentage of negativity - just be happy with the large percentage of kindness :flowerforyou:
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLLLLLL

First its hard to see emotions and expressions over the internet. You sure they arent just fooling around? I have been observing the mood around for quite awhile without interacting, and the rudest I saw were those who have 0% humour and that cant let go. Also those who dont respect opinion coz theirs is the best.
    I know that some people in this world (weither it's real life or over the net) are VERY easily shocked over pretty much anything. (I have those at work lol) .... Loosen a bit, lay back and relax. The planet is full of different people with all kinds of personalities, some you might love, some you might hate, but they live here too. We have no choice to deal with it and let go, otherwise your time on this planet will be hell.
    Ok, I dont mean people who calls other names, that is very different. Those also need to relax lol
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    50 cent said in his song "Many Men".. Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain.. Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain.... So basically being supportive and nice wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for rude people..
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually seen this yet. I don't get on the forums a lot though. I however have given sarcastic remarks a few times on here. Not in a mean or rude way, just to be funny. I would never purposefully be rude to someone on here. Sometimes though when I joke, as I have really dry humor, I realize that some of the things that I say that are meant to be just a joke can be taken the wrong way. I don't think this has happened on here yet, or at least I haven't been called out for it. If someone had beef with something I said I would apologize to them and let them know that I was just joking, and that perhaps that wasn't the best way to go about it.I'm not the type of person to be rude or mean to someone but I do know it has come off that way in person with me before, just because of my joking style. Sometimes I joke very seriously and it can come out the wrong way to someone. When I can tell someone doesn't get me I will let them know I didn't mean anything by it. I'm kind of weird like that but people usually warm up to me.(-:
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have found that there are a lot of catish like folks and ****s on this site. It makes me very leery of adding people here. I have to read very hard on the person before adding them because I only like positivity in my world. Diet and fitness is a sensitive matter but most folks are douche bags in life so the web gives them that e courage to say things they know they would get them knocked the fluck out in person. I love real people who are trying to be better. Some folks have no mercy and it says so in their profile. Some are here to show off like oh look at me I lost weight and now I'm this or that and can put others way done. I'm starting to really feel that life is like a extended stay in high school with some people.