What's up with all the rude sarcastic people here?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Please specifically point out where ANYONE has called someone fat/ugly/blob? I'd really like to see that. I've never seen it.

Does someone saying on a thread about Planet Fitness, that "Planet Fitness is for unattractive, fat people with low self esteem that can't stand the site of motivated individuals actually expending energy" count?

Yeah, it happened....

Then you should've reported that. BTW, I've been here a long time, and that's the first time I've seen that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the real answer lies in the in between.

some people have become too sensitive, ready to take offense at anything and everything, and assume that anytime someone disagrees with them that other person is being hostile.

other people have become too insensitive and are short on tact.

plus it's hard, if not impossible, to determine tone and intention on an internet forum. but in the end this is just the internet, some people need to stop taking things strangers they've never met before so personally.

my personal opinion is that someone says something to me that pushes a button or offends me, the issue is more with me than them because it's MY button. since it's my button it's my responsibility to figure out why it's important, why i have, how to get rid of it rather than the responsibility of everyone else in the world to avoid it.

and for the record i'm pretty much the same IRL as i am on forums. in fact i'm probably i bit nicer on forums. i have a very hard time suffering fools in person
  • teresatt11
    Options
    They're hungry. Or "hangry":)

Unless they're in the South, in which case they're "hongry". :bigsmile:

LMAO... ~is from the south~ and agrees
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    I don' t know what's happening but it's sometimes really painful :(
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options

LOL
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    yep.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So true. I've wondered that myself. It seems like some people know how to work on the outside but they are neglecting what's on the inside.
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think my personal gripe is people who come out with "oh this thread is old" or "this is flogging a dead horse". So what? If you have already seen it, just ignore it. Let newer users talk about things which may be old hat to the older users. I only started using forums relatively recently, so I get involved in all the conversations even though some "funny guy" puts some sarcastic comment about it being an old topic.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee trashhhhhhhhhhh....
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Not to derail the thread but OP...shouldn't you be out somewhere in a bikini or something? I'm not doing so badly but if I looked like you I wouldn't be worried about who was being mean to strangers on the internet. I would be half naked. Or completely naked someplace where many people would see. You look amazing.

sigh...its a wonder my parents kept me off the pole.

Carry on.

I second this! :drinker:
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

This post seriously made me LOL at work! haha too funny and sadly probably true!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've said this before at least a hundred times, what you think is rude, I think is funny, what you think is being mean, I think is a healthy debate. We just have different personalities. It's ok. No one is going to die. I don't care about how you feel because I don't know you. I just state things in a matter of fact way. If you don't want to argue or debate, that's fine, but don't take my willingness to debate and my extreme competitive nature as being mean, or whatever. It's my personality. I have to win...everything. When I'm flat out wrong, I'll admit it. But, what I don't understand is why someone on the Internet worries about hat one random strangers says. Lol. It cracks me up. For all you know, they have a box of twinkies on heir lap, watching Ren & Stimpy, haven't seen the outside or a gym since birth, and just come here to make trouble. Who cares? Ignore them. There is an "ignore user" button, and a "block" button. Unfortunately, there is no "I'm a sensitive person" button.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I've had a MFP account for a little while now. But, only started being an active member of the community for the last couple of months. I find 95% of the people here to be so kind, helpful & a pleasure to talk to. But, then there just seems to be someone who is being rude or has some kind of sarcastic remark in so many posts. Not, necessarily just mine. But, I notice it a lot on other people's posts. I just don't see what the point of it is. People come here & have questions & maybe it's something that had been asked a million times before or maybe it seems like a stupid question. But, to ridicule & be rude to someone who is trying to learn & better lives is so disgusting. If you have nothing of substance to add then why even write anything at all? If something someone says annoys you or if you feel it's a topic that has been brought up too many times, then skip it. You have that option you know. I often wonder if these rude people act like this in real life & go around being bullies & jerks to people they interact with or if they are just strong behind their keyboards. I just don't see why people have to belittle someone who is looking for help. Well, I'm done now, that's my rant.

welcome to the seedy underbelly of MFP where the forum dwellers idea of a workout and clean eating consists of insulting people and acting they like they know the best.

they know who they are by the unique *kitten*-prints embedded on their sofas and couches whilst insulting those who refuse to sit on one and aspire to be healthier and seek genuine advice.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    the same rude folks are the type that wouldn't say jack ****e to you in person. I'm sure those people are saying "oh yea I would!"...no. You wouldn't.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I've said this before at least a hundred times, what you think is rude, I think is funny, what you think is being mean, I think is a healthy debate. We just have different personalities. It's ok. No one is going to die. I don't care about how you feel because I don't know you. I just state things in a matter of fact way. If you don't want to argue or debate, that's fine, but don't take my willingness to debate and my extreme competitive nature as being mean, or whatever. It's my personality. I have to win...everything. When I'm flat out wrong, I'll admit it. But, what I don't understand is why someone on the Internet worries about hat one random strangers says. Lol. It cracks me up. For all you know, they have a box of twinkies on heir lap, watching Ren & Stimpy, haven't seen the outside or a gym since birth, and just come here to make trouble. Who cares? Ignore them. There is an "ignore user" button, and a "block" button. Unfortunately, there is no "I'm a sensitive person" button.

This is why you are one of my favourite friends :drinker:
  • bluefox9er
    Options

This was difficult reading, but even more difficult to disagree with.

people with 'strong' personalities whose own individual sensitivities are considerably more important to them than the sensitivities of others can be misconstrued for being insensitive.

I personally feel no need to 'flex' my competitive muscles to those who ask for help, and actually do care if I come across as being rude.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

people with 'strong' personalities whose own individual sensitivities are considerably more important to them than the sensitivities of others can be misconstrued for being insensitive.

I personally feel no need to 'flex' my competitive muscles to those who ask for help, and actually do care if I come across as being rude.

It's not about the people who need help though is it? It's about the people on here who spread misinformation, troll and are generally on here to be irritating. I don't think many people here are purposely rude to members who ask for help and advice.
  • bluefox9er
    Options

It's not about the people who need help though is it? It's about the people on here who spread misinformation, troll and are generally on here to be irritating. I don't think many people here are purposely rude to members who ask for help and advice.

true enough,but I do think a LOT of forum dwellers see a posting for help as a cue to humiliate the poster in any which way they usually can. Just look at the snarky comments the OP has received for posting this.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    same thing as facebook...they feel safe and bold behind a screen. brush it off:)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I agree with all of this. BUT ID LIKE TO MAKE SOMETHING VERY CLEAR... and your correct on saying there is no sensative button LOL (brilliant by the way) HOWEVER there should be a spell check button, i type way to fast and dont press the keys hard enough sometimes apparently. But when I am extremely board and see the repetitive post (and they probably didnt know it was posted a couple days before, thats gonna happen) I have what I call GRINCH THE THRED DAY. Thats when Im tired of being in lala land all nice and flufy on my unicorn farting clouds of cotton candy while singing coom-baya, wearing angelwings flying through the sky- and tell the truth.
    example:

YOU ARE NOT A TEN AND MORE LIKE A 2:noway:
    I WOULD NOT DATE YOU -EVER:sick:
    THERES ABSOLUTLY- NOTHING- SEXY ABOUT YOU AT ALL....EVER:laugh:
    COMPLIMENT WHAT????:grumble:
    AND YOU DONT NEED A COSTUME FOR HALLOWEEN.:flowerforyou:
    OR YOU NEED TO BE BLOCKED BEACAUSE YOUR PROFILE SAYS YOUR MARRIED -BUT YOU IN BOXED ME FOR NAKED PICS.:yawn:
    OR YOUR JUST PLAIN JELOUS OF EVERYONE....SO YOUR GOING TO HATE NO MATTER WHAT:drinker:

so when people tell the truth your considered rude, SO WHY DO WE HAVE TO LIE, so we dont hurt your feelings, but when we skip you to provent getting your feelings hurt, you cry about it. i just dont get it. This is not a therapy session it is the internet, and you could be anybody!

Now with that said I am sarcastic- and i think its funny, and i love the sarcasim, it makes things funny. But do not mistake I will shut you down when you cross the line and should the need arise-block you- problem soleved.:smokin:

If you cant handle it then dont come to Chit-Chat threds and maybe you should deactivate and go to a site like sensativeemotionalvictomsofrudeandmeaninternetpeople.com:cry:

"WHY SO SERIOUS":huh: