Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options
flatbellybella
flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
I was just wondering about this... I know some people might know how to keep it platonic but then some people are just stupid.

I once knew this guy who would have "female friends" and obviously cross the line and to him they were always "just friends" :laugh: He would comment on their pictures (all of them :huh: ) and act as if he was pretty much begging to get a response from them. He was also was the type that when he was single... he would be talking/flirting with them as if he were dating them... It didn't matter what the friend was about... no morals or anything but he would always be like this towards them. And he wondered why he was single... any decent girl could easily sense all of this and not take him serious.
People choose the company they keep but sometimes this makes me upset. When guys say "she's just a friend" it just seems like such bullsh!t.
Given not all men are like this... some are respectful :indifferent:

I was reading the misc forums on bodybuilding.com lol and there were alot of forums dedicated to guys who would "smash" their female friend. 99% of them didn't care if she had 3 kids-3 different dads or if she did crack lol

I find it really uncomfortable. I don't keep male friends like that around why would I even considering being with a man who had female friends like that...
your thoughts? lol

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have several female friends who are nothing more than just friends. When I was single, I would still "smash" a few of them if the opportunity presented itself but in the end we were just friends.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Online - I think that they can be just friends, though obviously it isn't always the case.

Offline - I notice most guy friends stop talking to me once they get a girlfriend, then start up again once they're broken up. =/
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    [sarcasm]Nooooo! We totally don't want to do the really hot...err umm moderately hot...ummm...any female friend.[/sarcasm]
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Yes, *all* men do.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Certainly not all of our female friends,but absolutely too many of them.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    [sarcasm]Nooooo! We totally don't want to do the really hot...err umm moderately hot...ummm...any female friend.[/sarcasm]
    Ditto that for us women. Nope. Hot guys go into the friendzone, asap.

Totes, broski.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    It's all gentetic predsiposition. We can ahve femal friends without "smashing" them, but if the opportunity arises, we will jump on it. We are just cavemen with better wheels.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    my bff of life is male. he has been there thru thick n thin with me, since i was 13 and im now 28. BUT...there was a big huge love confession about 8 yrs into our freindship. we stopped talking for a long time after that. apparently everyone was privy to this info, but i was completly blind to it. we started talking again after almost one year...we know we're only friends...we kissed once when we were 15, lol, its neve gone any further than that, and we've even slept in the same bed together 100x. im sure if i handed it out to him he would take it, but that aint gonna happen, lol. we're just besties for life :D
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Ditto that for us women. Nope. Hot guys go into the friendzone, asap.

Totes, broski.

Oh, you.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its only that, jokes.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It is pretty much a fact that men do not have true female friends unless they are somewhat attracted to them or intrigued by them. Guys often deny it, but they inevitably develop feelings.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    my bff of life is male. he has been there thru thick n thin with me, since i was 13 and im now 28. BUT...there was a big huge love confession about 8 yrs into our freindship. we stopped talking for a long time after that. apparently everyone was privy to this info, but i was completly blind to it. we started talking again after almost one year...we know we're only friends...we kissed once when we were 15, lol, its neve gone any further than that, and we've even slept in the same bed together 100x. im sure if i handed it out to him he would take it, but that aint gonna happen, lol. we're just besties for life :D
    You selfish BIT@H
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    OP, you wanna be just friends? :wink:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its all that, jokes.
    No...if you showed up naked, he'd close the door on your face.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its only that, jokes.

It isn't. He is masking it, making light of it.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1-12-08a-768x134-When-Harry.gif
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I - umm mostly just have friends, don't really care about age or gender... just whether I like them and we can have a conversation. My partners are in a different category. I've had sexual hassle from both men and women and dislike it of course but it's been a question of where to draw a line. My male friends (gay and straight) and my female friends (gay and straight) are all fantastic - that's why I'm friends with them.

I also like having seriously good real life friends aged between 22 and 84.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i dont have any female friends......they are all ex's
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    I am friends with all the females at the crossfit box I go to, we joke, we hang out, we do the hug hello and goodbye, and I am always a gentleman about it, but if one of them gave me the green light, it would be on like donkey kong.. you know, if I wasn't married.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its all that, jokes.
    No...if you showed up naked, he'd close the door on your face.

He saw me naked once, it was bad timing. Nothing happened.