Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Online - I think that they can be just friends, though obviously it isn't always the case.

Offline - I notice most guy friends stop talking to me once they get a girlfriend, then start up again once they're broken up. =/

That happens with everyone the guy knows. It doesn't only happen to you.

As for the original question: Yes, unless I don't find her attractive. I do have female friends where we have a mutual un-attraction to each other. Nothing would happen, even if we were butt naked in bed together.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ehh...I think in many cases, if they are close friends, one or both of them has a thing for each other. This has happened to me with guys who I thought were just friends...it was just a matter of time until they told me! I think though, for more casual buddies, not necessarily. I have tons of guy friends, some of whom have girlfriends, but we're not on a super-deep friendship level. I think it *can* exist, completely platonic friendships, but they have to be completely unattracted to the other person, which is rare.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It always starts out as the guy wanting to bang you, and when the girl clearly doesn't want to bangt him back, then it's time to be friends, until the girl gets drunk, and they make out, or gets a boyfriend, and then it's the slow fade away, and they just become facebook friends. Well unless you were just introduced by hanging out with mutual friends that you both hangout with all of the time, then it's a forced friendship that blossoms.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am friends with all the females at the crossfit box I go to, we joke, we hang out, we do the hug hello and goodbye, and I am always a gentleman about it, but if one of them gave me the green light, it would be on like donkey kong.. you know, if I wasn't married.
    Speaks the truth
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its all that, jokes.
    No...if you showed up naked, he'd close the door on your face.

He saw me naked once, it was bad timing. Nothing happened.

He saw you naked, but were you seducing him? I'm sure if he randomly saw you naked, he wouldn't rape you.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    A single guy with an attractive (in his opinion) female friend has at least considered it... not sure why that is a mystery to anyone. I imagine the same is fairly true for females.

If the guy really likes the woman in question but could see it only works on a platonic level he would be smart not to go there.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    My best guy friend would hit on me when he got drunk then apologize the next day, then repeat. It wasn't that he had a "thing" for me, just that he is a guy, and I have boobs.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of guy friends I hang out with....If I was to say "hey lets go screw" majority would...hahaha

I avoid sexually awkward situations as much as possible but there is def tension between a few of them and myself ....
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    For the interest of science, I had sex with all my male friends. Now the need is gone.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    For the interest of science, I had sex with all my male friends. Now the need is gone.

I foresee many FRs coming your way!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    OP....I friend requested you!

*sneaky giggle
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I have had male friends who were truly good friends. no sex and no intentions. then there are the ones who WANT to be your friend with hopes that it could lead up to sex. sorry charlie. with me, ain't gonna happen! :P

you can read the guy's intentions if you are aware of who you are and what you stand for. a guy who leers at you and makes sexual remarks about you, wants to have sex with you. :P

for me, sex is only after you are committed in marriage and for me, it's for life.
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    My best guy friend would hit on me when he got drunk then apologize the next day, then repeat. It wasn't that he had a "thing" for me, just that he is a guy, and I have boobs.

Well spoken Dani :)
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    OK.."smash"...rofl
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:

You and your roommate will always be platonic, because you want it to be that way, and the same with the friends you would never do anything with, but I can gaurantee you that they would all touch your special spots if you let them.
  • dropdeadgreggie
    Options
    OP... can I be your friend?
  • pawnstarNate
    Options
    I have a lot of guy friends I hang out with....If I was to say "hey lets go screw" majority would...hahaha

I avoid sexually awkward situations as much as possible but there is def tension between a few of them and myself ....

outtamyway....if that is the case then put your tongue back in your mouth. hehe jk
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    nope
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Online - I think that they can be just friends, though obviously it isn't always the case.

Offline - I notice most guy friends stop talking to me once they get a girlfriend, then start up again once they're broken up. =/

I'll be your friend even after I find a girlfriend