Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    wow. i have a ton of guy friends. I had no idea they all wanted to screw me! I'm allofasudden a lot less stressed out about this being single thing!

Thanks for all the insight into mankind, MFPers!

Question: does this also go for male coworkers?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have a number of female friends. Some of them I would have at one time wanted to pursue a relationship with. Some of them I would not have wanted to pursue a relationship with. A few of my female friends I never got the balls up to ask out before I was friendzoned.

There are however female friends, who are objectively hot I'd never want to be more than friends with. Being friends with women always came easy to me, I grew up with 2 sisters, a constant female houseguest and my mom and my two roommates before I met my wife were both women, female friends, only one of which I would have considered dating or something less emotional but more physical, but that was off the table when she moved in, that would have been a bad idea, shame really I considered it OFTEN before then...

anyway, I digress... It is possible for men and women to be just friends. Some times it just kinda sucks because you'd like for it to be more, but you should be a grownup and not let it cause you to not be a friend.

If all you're after is sexual, make your move, celebrate, or take rejection gracefully and move on. Don't be hanging around hoping to change their mind, it's not fair to them and it's really not fair to you.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its only that, jokes.

LOL. Yeah, sure. He totally has a thing.

Im gonna text him right now and ask him if he has a thing.
    You are either a troll...or very naive.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am friends with all the females at the crossfit box I go to, we joke, we hang out, we do the hug hello and goodbye, and I am always a gentleman about it, but if one of them gave me the green light, it would be on like donkey kong.. you know, if I wasn't married.
    Speaks the truth

Exactly. I have several males friends and we are just friends. I'm also positive they would jump at the chance if I offered. All except the gay one. And he still might.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    No not ALL MEN... single men maybe..... I am a huge flirt (okay i was until i got married now i just flirt with my husband) but before him I was a huge flirt and flirted with ALL of my guy friends........ it's just my nature and same for my guy friends.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its only that, jokes.

No...it's not and Yes...he would.
  • dropdeadgreggie
    Options

Her friend wants to put it in her butt. Just saying.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I think people either have an attraction or they don't. Some may see it as a friendship and others more. Personally I have had friends and tried dating a few which didn't work out. However there are true friendships of the opposite sex without the nonsense. Just depends on the individual.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am married but I have a lot of male friends who are "just friends". One of my best friends is male. That said....most of them including my best male friend have openly said that they respect that we are just friends but if they ever had the chance they would. I would never say that ALL men are like this. I can only tell you what I know from my experience.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have genuine friendships with guys who are in relationships, because we both know we're not interested in anything more. There's no potential for things getting weird. With single guys, I feel like I have to keep my guard up a little more.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    If the man is a loser and a creep, he probably fancies all his female friends, if he is not, you probably fine. Just stick with cool guys, you be fine!xxxx
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

excuse me..what does troll mean :) Im soooo confused
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Online - I think that they can be just friends, though obviously it isn't always the case.

Offline - I notice most guy friends stop talking to me once they get a girlfriend, then start up again once they're broken up. =/

That happens with everyone the guy knows. It doesn't only happen to you.

As for the original question: Yes, unless I don't find her attractive. I do have female friends where we have a mutual un-attraction to each other. Nothing would happen, even if we were butt naked in bed together.

^^I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!!

Anyway... I have some guy friends.. I'm sure they would take the opportunity if it presented itself... but even if I was single, there is only maybe 2 or 3 I would hook up with. Not date or marry..simply hook up.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    If the female friend is hot and the man is single, he is going to sleep with her given the opportunity.

The only real categories for this topic are:

Will actively try

Will not actively try
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    wow. i have a ton of guy friends. I had no idea they all wanted to screw me! I'm allofasudden a lot less stressed out about this being single thing!

Of course - but office relationships are recipes for trouble.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Generally, yes. If you are friends, they want to sleep with you. It doesn't mean they will, or that they will make a move, but they want to.

They probably think about you when they're...you know...helping themselves. LOL.
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    Youre post isnt very clear at least to me.

It seems like youre asking if a woman could keep a disrespectful man that would fugg anything and flirts left and rght with anyone.

Then the topic makes it seem in general do all men disrespectful or not have a thing for their female friends.

It also seems its more about "Would you remain friends with a man, that flirts left and right and would sleep with anything."

My answer is I have many male friends some will fugg any and everything, I remain friends with them because i like them, they dont speak to me like that. I think its about the way you carry yourself.. my guy friends think i'm very innocent i never talk pervy with them, and i have a boss who is a good male friend that told most of my co-workers that he had a baby out of wedlock with his neighbor, showing pictures and all and when i walked pass he quickly put the picture away and has not told me to this day about the baby. I would not judge him but he knows my personality and that is something i would comment on. so he chooses not to tell me.

Honestly i think most if not all my male friends would "smash" but would they approach me like that. NOPE. Because I dont come across as a person that would smash them, do they talk about smashing girls and who they would smash and who they like YES. It doesnt bother me. My best friend is a dude and everyone thinks hes in love with me, EWWWWWW.. hes the biggest *kitten* in town.. hes had sex with at least 10 girls i know.. he talks about them like they are sht and his current GF he talks to her like shes his property ive heard him tell her to be quiet and its not what she wants and to tell him shes sorry and she like sorry daddy and i look at him like wtf and tell him to the shut the fugg up i wish he ever speak to me in that manner and i have him cracking up while hes in his macho cave man mode and shes all timid and like yes, im sorry, i dont want you to be up set with me.. and my mind is just in dismay.. this is how you allow people talk/disrespect you.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I have lots of female friends that I have never boinked or never will. I can live with that. I'm married and I've managed to keep my female friends despite closing the door on all future boinking.

I don't think I'm the norm so choose your friends carefully. It's naive to apply a blanket rule to every dude out there.

But let me ask: how much crack does she do? just a little? Nevermind. My answer is still "No, I would not smash that."
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It's not that men are solely friends with women in hopes that something sexual will happen, that's not it at all. Men and women can be friends but yes, there is almost always attraction happening on one end or the other. The guy might not wanna date the girl but given the opportunity to have sex? Sure. And yes, there are always exceptions but put it this way, I have yet to see one.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I am married but I have a lot of male friends who are "just friends". One of my best friends is male. That said....most of them including my best male friend have openly said that they respect that we are just friends but if they ever had the chance they would. I would never say that ALL men are like this. I can only tell you what I know from my experience.

Put me on the list of friends that would do you. :wink: