Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If the female friend is hot and the man is single, he is going to sleep with her given the opportunity.

The only real categories for this topic are:

Will actively try

Will not actively try
    Finally you said something true
    I agree. I also think it is the same with many women my age (who are mostly just recently divorced).

Looking for new male friends? :wink:

K_ss M_ _ss.
    Would you like to buy a vowel?

No way. I like to go ALL IN, so I am spinning again. :tongue:

:yawn:
    All in fun!
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I genuienly don't. I'm lucky enough to have meaningful relationships with all my friends, male or female, rather than just following them around like a loser hoping that if i put enough kindness in, sex will pop out. I feel sorry for them guys, what losers. The irony is the guys who see women as people not just fckboxes going to probably have much more success with relationships in general.

I think you are misunderstanding. I have female friends that I absolutely love (as just a friend) and would do anything for. I don't hit on them or have any sexual tension or anything like that with them. However, if the opportunity arose (and I was single) I would sleep with some of them. I wouldn't think any less of them or be seeing them as fvckboxes or any stupid crap like that. It would just be something fun that BOTH parties were down for. I am not friends with these people hoping that one day I will get some from them, it's just something that most guys wouldn't say no to whether they just see them as a friend or if they secretly want to marry the person.
    [/quote

Hmmmm... maybe I suppose. But I think people need to examine those friendships very carefully and be honest about their motives and intents, even deep down.
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think a lot depends on where the guy and girl are at relationship wise. I'm married now so I would NEVER cross that line with a female friend and disrespect my wife. When I was single, I had married guy friends with hot wives who were also friends and I would have NEVER crossed that line either. When I was single and had single female friends I'm pretty sure I would have. If a single dude is hanging out with a women he's either 1) gay 2) wanting to bed her 3) wanting to bed one of her friends and her at the same time. Women who think otherwise are being naive.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If the female friend is hot and the man is single, he is going to sleep with her given the opportunity.

Will actively try

Will not actively try
    I agree. I also think it is the same with many women my age (who are mostly just recently divorced).

K_ss M_ _ss.

I don't think y is classified as a vowel for Jeopardy sake......

You also don't buy vowels on Jeopardy, so that is a moot point.

Ha., I'm an idiot. Thank you for that. Made me laugh.....obv meant Wheel of fortune.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

Will actively try

Will not actively try

K_ss M_ _ss.

No way. I like to go ALL IN, so I am spinning again. :tongue:

:yawn:
    All in fun!

It would be much more fun if you follow it up with a FR. :smooched:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think a lot depends on where the guy and girl are at relationship wise. I'm married now so I would NEVER cross that line with a female friend and disrespect my wife. When I was single, I had married guy friends with hot wives who were also friends and I would have NEVER crossed that line either. When I was single and had single female friends I'm pretty sure I would have. If a single dude is hanging out with a women he's either 1) gay 2) wanting to bed her 3) wanting to bed one of her friends and her at the same time. Women who think otherwise are being naive.

Yeah. this is where it gets interesting. You are married, the hot wife is married. You get a divorce. A year later, she gets divorced from YOUR FRIEND. But, she's hot. And, you call one day, and ssay, "Le's have some drinks sometime. Like, tonight." One thing leads to another...

Yes, that's happened. It's awesome. Still friends.
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    Being married is different. I'm not, so game's on.

Totally agreed. Do your thing.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Get a grip people!
    online is a little different, but
    In the real world All male friends are guys just hanging around until the right time (drunk, moment of weakness, argument with significant other etc.)to DO YOU!
    Unless your hideous! then they can be your friend, but then what's the point!

JUST SAYIN!
    Sorry fellas it has to be said, i cannot tell a lie!

Profound words my friends. Open your eyes women folk of the world.

Spoken. True words of wisdom there.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, so yes. I've had impure thoughts about many of my female friends. Probably all of them. And if I'm being honest, probably about several of you MFPers, too.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have several "hot" friends that I would never hook up with if I was given the chance. And I have been given the chance and thought nothing of it. I'm good with the girl I've got.

when I was single I hung out with some "hot" girls that I didn't what to sleep with. I just thought they were fun, and fun to cuddle with ;). turns out some of them thought I was gay and were a little angry with me when I got married. one even slapped me for not taking advantage of her when she threw herself at me. I guess she made up her mind that the only reason I could turn her down is I must be gay.

so yeah, not all guys are like that. some of us are weird
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    my bff of life is male. he has been there thru thick n thin with me, since i was 13 and im now 28. BUT...there was a big huge love confession about 8 yrs into our freindship. we stopped talking for a long time after that. apparently everyone was privy to this info, but i was completly blind to it. we started talking again after almost one year...we know we're only friends...we kissed once when we were 15, lol, its neve gone any further than that, and we've even slept in the same bed together 100x. im sure if i handed it out to him he would take it, but that aint gonna happen, lol. we're just besties for life :D

This totally reminds me of "Pretty in Pink." Poor Duckie!
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You can be "just friends"...but nothing wrong with maybe a fantasy here or there about boinking them.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe it's not true with the sexes reversed. After all, you like a person enough to be friends with them, if you find them even remotely attractive, sex just has to enter your mind. I mean, what are you looking for in a relationship? Someone you find attractive who you like, right?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i didn't read through all the comments, but the notion that a guy cannot have a friendship with a female without having a "thing" for them is patently absurd, and a little offensive to me.

maybe that's just me, though.
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have several "hot" friends that I would never hook up with if I was given the chance. And I have been given the chance and thought nothing of it. I'm good with the girl I've got.

when I was single I hung out with some "hot" girls that I didn't what to sleep with. I just thought they were fun, and fun to cuddle with ;). turns out some of them thought I was gay and were a little angry with me when I got married. one even slapped me for not taking advantage of her when she threw herself at me. I guess she made up her mind that the only reason I could turn her down is I must be gay.

so yeah, not all guys are like that. some of us are weird

I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but you are in fact gay. You were single and hung out with hot girls who wanted to sleep with you and you didn't. 1) Look in Websters, thats the definition of gay 2) Hanging out with women in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE is not more fun than hanging out with guys unless its for sex. End of story.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am worried about all the men here!!! and even more so for there female friends!!!

I'm worried about you. Either you are trying to be the "sweet guy" and lying or you are in denial. There is a third possibility....have you had your hormone levels checked recently? Not all men are actually men in the natural sense.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:
    he is not honest about his feelings. or he is gay

1. We are not each other's types.
    2. We've known each other since elementary school!! Friendzoned early lol
    3. Believe me, my parents and his parents have tried to convince us that something is there, but there absolutely isn't.

We're both straight, just not interested in each other that way.
    ok...check out this scenario. its thrs night and there is nothing to do. u drink aliitle too much wine and make a move.(not drunk but feeling horny) is he gunna say no! i have laundry to sort!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I am worried about all the men here!!! and even more so for there female friends!!!

I'm worried about you. Either you are trying to be the "sweet guy" and lying or you are in denial. There is a third possibility....have you had your hormone levels checked recently? Not all men are actually men in the natural sense.

*blink*
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "have a thing for" a female friend. I think pretty much all straight men (there may be rare exceptions) decide pretty much as soon as they meet a woman whether or not they would sleep with her. It's just what men do. But knowing that you WOULD sleep with a woman doesn't mean you can't be just friends with her. To me, having a "thing" for someone means wanting to have a romantic relationship with them, and that is not the same thing as being willing to sleep with them if the opportunity presented itself (not for men, anyway).

But if I'm dating a guy and the only friends he's introduced me to are women, I think one of three things: other guys don't want to be around him because he's secretly an *kitten*, he's trying to make me jealous, or he loves being fawned over by women and is just trying to add me to his harem. In any case, I'm hitting the road. I just don't think it's normal.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    i like the idea of sleeping with almost any woman, but to actually follow through and sleep with every woman, if they were willing, is a different matter. i think guys talking about having sex with their friend, is given the scenario that after sleeping with her nothing has changed, which is usually never the case, so its just a fun discussion men have to look at ourselves and what sex driven perverts we are, but in reality we care about things more than sex, and this is usually factored in when given realistic situations.