Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• Chapter3point6
    Options
    My boyfriend says that girls and guys can't be friends.. with very rare exceptions. He believes that girls can be guys' friend platonically, but that in that relationship the guy always wants something or already has something better.

He shares his wisdom with you because he knows you are hot and any male friend you would have would want to do you.

And if you send me a FR, you can add me to that list :wink:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I genuienly don't. I'm lucky enough to have meaningful relationships with all my friends, male or female, rather than just following them around like a loser hoping that if i put enough kindness in, sex will pop out. I feel sorry for them guys, what losers. The irony is the guys who see women as people not just fckboxes going to probably have much more success with relationships in general.

I think you are misunderstanding. I have female friends that I absolutely love (as just a friend) and would do anything for. I don't hit on them or have any sexual tension or anything like that with them. However, if the opportunity arose (and I was single) I would sleep with some of them. I wouldn't think any less of them or be seeing them as fvckboxes or any stupid crap like that. It would just be something fun that BOTH parties were down for. I am not friends with these people hoping that one day I will get some from them, it's just something that most guys wouldn't say no to whether they just see them as a friend or if they secretly want to marry the person.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    As the token girl who is more or else totally head over heels for her guy friend of several years... I'm kinda counting on it.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am married but I have a lot of male friends who are "just friends". One of my best friends is male. That said....most of them including my best male friend have openly said that they respect that we are just friends but if they ever had the chance they would. I would never say that ALL men are like this. I can only tell you what I know from my experience.

Put me on the list of friends that would do you. :wink:

LL but what about your song? "Just a Friend?"

That is a Bizmarke song :grumble:

Hanging head in shame.....surrending my music trivia trophies
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If the female friend is hot and the man is single, he is going to sleep with her given the opportunity.

The only real categories for this topic are:

Will actively try

Will not actively try

I agree. I also think it is the same with many women my age (who are mostly just recently divorced).
    Finally you said something true
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    I have a wee crush on pretty much all hot males I know....and some not so hot ones....Id never act on them but Im only human if they look good I am gonna wanna LOL
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I wasn't comfortable with this whole secretly thing, so I just told all the women on my friends list I want to sleep with them.

Happy to have that weight off my shoulders!!!
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    If the female friend is hot and the man is single, he is going to sleep with her given the opportunity.

Will actively try

Will not actively try
    I agree. I also think it is the same with many women my age (who are mostly just recently divorced).

Looking for new male friends? :wink:
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    Look, folks. We're all animals who are attracted to other people for different reasons. Frequency begets intimacy, so given the opportunity, yeah, lots of "friends" could be "more than friends" in certain conditions and situations. That said, there is more to interpersonal relationships than the physical, and if we can reign in the hormones, there is a lot to learn from each other. Once actual sex, making out, etc. enter into the equation, it halts the development of the friendship, in many cases beyond repair, and it's such a shame. The "hottest" love affairs among friends, IMO, are the ones that never happen in real life but inspire the mind, but the best love affairs are the ones we commit to monogamously and allow to deepen over time, sticking through the bad times, because in the end, that's what good "friends" do.

Being single is one thing, because that just opens up more opportunities. But if you're the type of person who knows they are too easily tempted by the fruit of another while in a committed relationship, steer clear of testing the boundaries of your desire, because there is a fine line between flirting and losing yourself in it, to the detriment of what's really important. Trust, once broken, can rarely be 100% fixed, and you need that trust in a relationship. It's not worth it. Like diet and fitness, relationships are a commitment, and your true mettle and character is tested in them. If I ever crossed that boundary with a guy friend outside of the confines of my very lurid imagination, I would consider my marriage over, and that's not what I want. So, guy friends, however attractive, are still "just friends."
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Will actively try

Will not actively try

K_ss M_ _ss.
    Would you like to buy a vowel?
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have a wee crush on pretty much all hot males I know....and some not so hot ones....Id never act on them but Im only human if they look good I am gonna wanna LOL
    We should be friends.. :wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Will actively try

Will not actively try

K_ss M_ _ss.

I don't think y is classified as a vowel for Wheel of Fortune's sake......
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Will actively try

Will not actively try

K_ss M_ _ss.

I don't think y is classified as a vowel for Jeopardy sake......

You also don't buy vowels on Jeopardy, so that is a moot point.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

Will actively try

Will not actively try

K_ss M_ _ss.

No way. I like to go ALL IN, so I am spinning again. :tongue:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Look, folks. We're all animals who are attracted to other people for different reasons. Frequency begets intimacy, so given the opportunity, yeah, lots of "friends" could be "more than friends" in certain conditions and situations. That said, there is more to interpersonal relationships than the physical, and if we can reign in the hormones, there is a lot to learn from each other. Once actual sex, making out, etc. enter into the equation, it halts the development of the friendship, in many cases beyond repair, and it's such a shame. The "hottest" love affairs among friends, IMO, are the ones that never happen in real life but inspire the mind, but the best love affairs are the ones we commit to monogamously and allow to deepen over time, sticking through the bad times, because in the end, that's what good "friends" do.

Being single is one thing, because that just opens up more opportunities. But if you're the type of person who knows they are too easily tempted by the fruit of another while in a committed relationship, steer clear of testing the boundaries of your desire, because there is a fine line between flirting and losing yourself in it, to the detriment of what's really important. Trust, once broken, can rarely be 100% fixed, and you need that trust in a relationship. It's not worth it. Like diet and fitness, relationships are a commitment, and your true mettle and character is tested in them. If I ever crossed that boundary with a guy friend outside of the confines of my very lurid imagination, I would consider my marriage over, and that's not what I want. So, guy friends, however attractive, are still "just friends."

Being married is different. I'm not, so game's on.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well of course it can work. My journey's been a bit different, and I'm very glad to have shared that with a really great variety of friends. I've *slept* with lots of people - no sex, just human company and comfort, because that's what we've agreed on. And of course my partners - all male, few but long term. There's a big difference in my mind.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:
    he is not honest about his feelings. or he is gay

1. We are not each other's types.
    2. We've known each other since elementary school!! Friendzoned early lol
    3. Believe me, my parents and his parents have tried to convince us that something is there, but there absolutely isn't.

We're both straight, just not interested in each other that way.
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    I have a very good male friend. I dont think he has a thing for me. He jokes alot about it, but I think its only that, jokes.

It isn't. He is masking it, making light of it.

Agreed... and you are completely in denial??? I think you know better...
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    lmao! gotta bump this one!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Get a grip people!
    online is a little different, but
    In the real world All male friends are guys just hanging around until the right time (drunk, moment of weakness, argument with significant other etc.)to DO YOU!
    Unless your hideous! then they can be your friend, but then what's the point!

JUST SAYIN!
    Sorry fellas it has to be said, i cannot tell a lie!

Profound words my friends. Open your eyes women folk of the world.