Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I think a guy does not have a "thing" with every female friend he has. But there is always at least one girl he wants to bend over a barrel and show her the fifty states.

Man, that train is looking hot !!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    To the OP: No.

But then again, I don't have a "thing" for any female...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think a guy does not have a "thing" with every female friend he has. But there is always at least one girl he wants to bend over a barrel and show her the fifty states.

trians are the best.....
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes, all men. Every single one of them. Zero exceptions.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ive had male friends who I later discovered really liked me and was hoping for more. Most I can figure out because they always start out their conversations with me...so are you seeing anyone...LOL

One of my male best friends (since we were 12) told me several years ago that he really did love me....and he's gay!! So take that one for what its worth!!! LOL
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

But but but...
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    philosoraptor-meme-40-hours-a-week-in-friend-zone.jpg
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Certainly not all of our female friends,but absolutely too many of them.

I think this is absolutely true! I have male friends that I am not the least bit interested, even is a friends with benefits type thing presented itself I would not jump on it. But if they called me up and said "lets go get dinner", I would not hesitate to go.

However, I think its different for men. They have good intentions but when it comes down to it, they'd "smash" someone they had no romantic interest in.
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    [sarcasm]Nooooo! We totally don't want to do the really hot...err umm moderately hot...ummm...any female friend.[/sarcasm]

^^^^^This^^^^ says it all for me!! LOL
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I've had and have some female friends, and what I can tell you is that it can come and go. One in particular, I was her friend for nearly a year without any feelings of lust. Then, one day, it just hit me....not sure if it was the outfit she was wearing or the conversation (it's been several years) and all of a sudden I was looking at her like a dog watches a tukey leg passed around the table...with the same intentions :wink:

I told her, and I was told no...things went back to normal until I ended up moving out of state.

Rule of thumb : If you are female, any 'close' male friend (not just an aquantance) is at some point going to want to do the Birthday Suit Boogy with you. That desire may come and go, but it will be there at some point.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Personally?
    I flirt a lot!
    Its the Leo in me!

So if you are a Sagittarius or Gemini feel free to flirt back.
    Stupid cosmos!
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive got plenty of female friends, Some I was physically attracted to, others did nothing for me physically. But what they all had was the right kind of personality that clicks with mine. So i guess i was attracted to all of them, just mentally.

When meeting a friends BF recently he was really surprised with how touchy we both are with each other. He couldn't comprehend that there was nothing sexual to it, just a very strong bond between us that we have always had. We've never once come close to crossing the line.

So although there have been times, especially in my younger years where I did have "a thing" for female friends. I wouldn't say it's true for every man or every friendship.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    WTF! I went through this whole thread to see if fcp1234 got a reply from her friend about the "thing" what a waste of time, god damn cliff hangers!

I was kidding lol. I know he has a thing. But he has never done anything cause he always knew he had no chance, even back when I was single.

Having no chance isn't going to deter me from trying. Just sayin' :wink:

I have noticed that...because of your daily requests for naked pictures. Thats ok, you'll get it one day

if your sending out naked pics you can sand a few this way
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest I am attracted to a lot of my female friends, even some on MFP...but I will never cross the line of sleeping with them, well some of them.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Guys don't want to do all their female friends, they want to do ALL females! I hope I cleared this up for you.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have been attracted to female friends but not really to the point of wanting to sleep with them. Well...maybe one hahah...she kinda flirted with me too...
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have never had a male friend that wasn't either attracted to me or I was attracted to them. In most cases I wouldn't act on it, but I am not naive enough to admit it wasn't there. That knowledge is the reason I am leery of my husband having female friends. I have one guy friend now that I would tell anything too, at first my husband was jealous but over time he realized that I would NEVER do anything with him and now he is fine about it (he knows that my friend would jump at the chance to be with me though). If my friend would've been even slightly more attractive then he would have limited that friendship.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I can assure you I have no desire to sleep with any of my female friends. :laugh:

.... and before you ask...nor do I secretly fancy any of my male friends. There may have been one or two in the past (before I became a happily married man) for whom I held a candle, but most of my friends are just that: friends! :glasses:
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have had male friends who were truly good friends. no sex and no intentions. then there are the ones who WANT to be your friend with hopes that it could lead up to sex. sorry charlie. with me, ain't gonna happen! :P

you can read the guy's intentions if you are aware of who you are and what you stand for. a guy who leers at you and makes sexual remarks about you, wants to have sex with you. :P

for me, sex is only after you are committed in marriage and for me, it's for life.

^^ THIS .. I think men (and women too) will sometimes accept or even push being friends while they see if the other will realize how wonderful they are and move things to the next level. Sometimes that works, but usually not. We were having this debate at work and all the guys said: Men do not spend time with/on women that they aren't attracted to. I have a best guy friend and my co-workers said "If you offered it to him, he'd jump on it" I was horrified.. lol.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Chugga Chugga Baby!! WooWooo.