Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Chapter3point6
    Options
    WTF! I went through this whole thread to see if fcp1234 got a reply from her friend about the "thing" what a waste of time, god damn cliff hangers!

I was kidding lol. I know he has a thing. But he has never done anything cause he always knew he had no chance, even back when I was single.

Having no chance isn't going to deter me from trying. Just sayin' :wink:

I have noticed that...because of your daily requests for naked pictures. Thats ok, you'll get it one day

if your sending out naked pics you can sand a few this way

No line jumping!!!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ive got plenty of female friends, Some I was physically attracted to, others did nothing for me physically. But what they all had was the right kind of personality that clicks with mine. So i guess i was attracted to all of them, just mentally.

When meeting a friends BF recently he was really surprised with how touchy we both are with each other. He couldn't comprehend that there was nothing sexual to it, just a very strong bond between us that we have always had. We've never once come close to crossing the line.

So although there have been times, especially in my younger years where I did have "a thing" for female friends. I wouldn't say it's true for every man or every friendship.

Well, duh!
    Thank you for this post.
    I know it is funny to think all men are completely undiscriminating. But it is really just not true. Some are not.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    My roommate is male and we are (and ALWAYS will be) platonic. He's like my brother lol I have some guy friends that I would never-in-a-million-years do anything with. And then I have some guy friends that I've fooled around with on occasion but have not plans to date. Just friends. No drama, no awkwardness...just flirt a bit while we're single :wink:
    he is not honest about his feelings. or he is gay

1. We are not each other's types.
    2. We've known each other since elementary school!! Friendzoned early lol
    3. Believe me, my parents and his parents have tried to convince us that something is there, but there absolutely isn't.

We're both straight, just not interested in each other that way.
    ok...check out this scenario. its thrs night and there is nothing to do. u drink aliitle too much wine and make a move.(not drunk but feeling horny) is he gunna say no! i have laundry to sort!

First of all, we have never made moves on each other. It would just feel weird, like incest or something. And he would be super uncomfortable if I made a move on him. We kissed once, playing drunken truth or dare, and I was lmao the whole damn time because it was so awkward lol Considering how long we've lived together, known each other, been drunk alone together, I'm certain that if we had ever felt anything towards each other in that way that it would have come out by now. Just saying.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    WTF! I went through this whole thread to see if fcp1234 got a reply from her friend about the "thing" what a waste of time, god damn cliff hangers!

I was kidding lol. I know he has a thing. But he has never done anything cause he always knew he had no chance, even back when I was single.

I have noticed that...because of your daily requests for naked pictures. Thats ok, you'll get it one day

No line jumping!!!!

whow dude please for the seak of everyone please change your profile pic
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

No line jumping!!!!

whow dude please for the seak of everyone please change your profile pic

That picture was specifically requested by many of my FL thank you very much. Now get to the back of the line!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Also, on the topic of "we're just not into each other that way," if there is any physical attraction at all between you, you will sleep together at some point. You wouldn't be friends with someone you didn't enjoy being around, so yes, you are each other's "type" already. The only question is physical. Do you find each other attractive? If so, and you think you aren't "into each other that way," you're living in denial.

I think this is wrong. Here's why:

First - it makes the supposition that you are only friends with people who are your "type." I don't see this as being true. I have friends that I would never date (male if they were female, as well as females). Because they are only my friend, I can easily overlook someone who is always late, or backs out of plans, or smokes, or sleeps around - because those things do not matter to me and my friendship with them. If we were dating, it those things would clearly matter (some more than others).

Second - it makes the supposition that you cannot see someone as attractive without being attracted to them. I think that to be attracted to someone, you have to like the way they look as well as be attracted to who they are -- which goes back to the first point i made about friends and not being invested in some character flaws and while their appearance may be attractive, i may not be attracted to them because of those other flaws.

3. It makes the assumption that you cannot be attracted to someone you are close to without having sex with them. Actually, it is possible to RESIST your desire and say NO despite an attraction and admiration for the person in question.

1. You can't be friends with someone you don't like. If you like them, then they ARE your "type." That doesn't mean they can't be different from you in some ways. And don't tell me that the things would annoy you in a girlfriend wouldn't annoy you in a friend. That's a load of crap.

2. Obviously when I wrote "do you find each other attractive?" I was talking about physical attractiveness. I even included the word physical right before that. Character was discussed in #1.

3. You are taking this too literally. I did not say it was impossible to think your friend is good-looking and still keep your pants on. I was talking specifically to a person who LIVES WITH a close male friend, and that is an entirely different thing than having a hot male friend who lives across town. If you live with someone of the opposite sex, the two of you are emotionally close, and you find each other physically attractive, sex is going to happen at some point. Not because you can't control it but because you will get to a point where you just don't care anymore about the consequences.