What is your biggest motivator?

Options

Replies

• pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know this is superficial, but more clothes and just generally being aesthetically pleasing. It's what I think of when I'm on the verge of stopping in the middle of a workout.
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fitting into my pre baby clothes. I have an amazing wardrobe that I cannot wear right now. I refuse to buy new clothes. I will fit them again. I am not going to be one of those people who have a baby then get use that as an excuse to be unhealthy.
  • babs24
    babs24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think you'll still have really amazing cheekbones :) you're gorgeous! My motivator is my family. I know I'm worth it and my health matters. I had to learn to put myself first - exercise comes before any get togethers with friends or family, work, anything. I come first, took me a long time to learn, but that's what did it for me!
  • demsky_04
    Options
    To give my husband the WOW! factor when he gets home for Afghanistan! Last time he was deployed I had lost 30lbs to only put it back on when he came home as we celebrated, but this time, it's not coming back. Obviously my health, set a good example for my 3 boys and cute clothes are big ones too. But my husband is super fit, and has a great bod and runs marathons for fun. I would love to run with him! Well my run and his walk b/c he does like 6 minute mile, but just to run around the block a few times would be nice!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feeling better, looking awesome, and going back into a bikini next summer I hope :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    The Truth

Looking and feeling good.

What I Feel I Should Say

Knowing I'm doing what I can to take care of my health.
  • jagzan
    jagzan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Was creeping up towards 14stone and approaching 40 in 2 years. Brother decided to organise a cycle trip from Paris to London - 260 miles. I went down a belt size and it felt really good :-) Decided to get onto MyFitnessPal and stick to it for 6 months - I must say the people on here are very supportive and friendly and there is lots of good advice if needed.

Just got to 157 pounds - havent been this light in years :-)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Honestly... new clothes. haha i want more places to shop!
    I second that!
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Friday gave me a new motivator... To not feel like the ugly duckling when I go out with my friends.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Honestly... new clothes. haha i want more places to shop!
    I second that!

third that!!! plus I want to be the hot old lady :wink: I hit 50 soon
  • FrauStorm
    FrauStorm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    -Being able to look good naked
    -Being able to look cute in size small
    -The feeling of victory
    -Being able to pierce my belly button!
    -etc etc
  • daryabella
    Options
    To look good at ballet! Can't hide in tights in a leotard
  • missgabriella22
    Options
    My motivator was to simply start living. I was 22 and just didn't like how my life was going. There is a lot more to it, but I just basically wanted a normal life for myself. Health and clothes are big motivators too! There is going to be a problem with my spending when I no longer have to shop the plus size lol. Also... I am in a wedding next summer, and I want to look somewhat decent!
  • monuinal
    Options
    Running. Running as fast as a i can chasing the sun and knowing i can without feeling like I'm about to faint. Going into any clothing shop and not standing from the entry knowing that there's no point going into it because the sizes don't go up to my size. Challenge. Discovering that i am and i can be all that i want to be when i put my mind to it. The feeling that even though i'm loosing the weight I'm growing so much within and i love the look on my mans face when I'm wearing nothing in front of him.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Feeling comfortable in my own skin is my biggest motivator ~ as well as hoping to resolve health issues.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    to be able to do things that most people take for granted
  • GreenTeaGlitter
    Options
    The fact that I know I will have a thigh-gap!
    Haha
    I know it's vain but I've never liked my thighs to rub together,it makes me feel chubby:$
    I naturally just have wider hips so I've always had a thigh gap,it tells me that I'm skinny again.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well mine is mainly for my health thats the most important thing to me and the rest of the stuff is just a bonus like looking good getting to wear cute clothes Actually wearing hills lol. and all the other stuff. but yes getting healthy is my number 1 motivater.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have several significant motivators. I think the more motivators I have, the more achievable it is!
    Wanting to break the obesity chain in my family.
    Wanting to someday have children and be a healthy role model for them.
    Wanting to avoid multiple health conditions my family has due to obesity.

The most achievable one I have at the moment is wanting to join the military. I'm working on the physical fitness requirements and I'm getting closer to being successful.
  • HannahBelle94
    Options
    My biggest motivator is so people can look at me in a different light. I want to hear "You look great" once in my life.I am 18 and have been over weight my whole life, school was rough! I actually quit because kids were so mean. I think that was my motivator to prove all those mean bullies that I their words didn't hurt...only pushed me further to want to lose weight.I also am very hard on myself,and people say that is bad, but for me it is actually helping me. When I look in the mirror and say "You're fat!" it makes me want to go work out it makes me want to eat healthier. All in all I think my motivators is just be healthy and slim, looking nice for myself and wear dresses and nice clothes.