Why do people.......

Options

Replies

• eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends as well. People who dont share their diaries with anyone else must be hiding something.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends as well. People who dont share their diaries with anyone else must be hiding something.

A deep dark chocolate and alcohol secret maybe?
  • DrewMartGrawr
    Options
    Mine's open to the world. Three days' worth anyways. I'm not against suggestions and tips, but I don't openly invite them either. I guess it depends on the kind of comment. I know it's encouragement, but overall *I* am doing this to help regulate my life. It's a weird transition from caring nothing about my body to really focusing what I eat and the activities I do. It's a work in progress. I only have a foot in the water, and I don't want a head-to-toe fitness nut (a good thing, I may very well be one some day) hounding me on how I go about this change in my lifestyle.

A few suggestions here and there are fine, and I'll try to be polite and appreciative whether I take the advice or not. But I'm not looking for a personal trainer. I haven't come across anyone like that yet, and like PNJB said, everyone I have contact with has been nothing but positive influences. And I have to say, this is the best online community I've ever taken part in.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Why do people....

Watch scary shows, then scream and jump out their seats when the scary parts come on? I love The Walking Dead, but I sometimes it makes me scream, then my kitty jumps up and has no idea what's going on.

(Still trying to make this thread into something fun!) Your turn!! :wink:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    because thier lying to themself and everyone else...and thier embarrassed....or theyre afraid of beeing judged or they just dont log
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If I had it open I don't think I would be honest. Right now I need to be true to myself so keeping it closed for now works for me.

That's the best reason I've seen for keeping a diary private. On the other hand, keeping mine public forces me to stay on track...98% of the time anyway.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Why do people....

Watch scary shows, then scream and jump out their seats when the scary parts come on? I love The Walking Dead, but I sometimes it makes me scream, then my kitty jumps up and has no idea what's going on.

(Still trying to make this thread into something fun!) Your turn!! :wink:

This is called post hijacking.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    because thier lying to themself and everyone else...and thier embarrassed....or theyre afraid of beeing judged or they just dont log

^ i just don't log.. hmm well i do sometimes.. im pretty bad at logging.. should be one of the 7 deadly sins not to .. then i would log..o.o..i would log days before i had to log..^^
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Galletakeks, considering your awesome degree of muscle mass, we can safely assume you are meeting your daily energy demands :drinker:
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    I'm here to get in shape and support my friends, but I guess I'm just not that interested in seeing or sharing what was for breakfast. It's not my thing.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.

Mostly because i have thick skin and if you give advice about my diary that i dont ask for, ill tell you to suck a hard one..

I dont ask, and you shouldnt offer advice.

Why do you even CARE? This is their journey. If they are failing in it.. they WILL ASK.. at that point, you can say..

"hey, hard to help unless we see what you are eating."

they dont need to keep it open 24/7 for people to give them **** about making a mistake.

People need to realize that MFP is sometimes the ONLY damn place they have people to support them.. they work hard, and one simple slip up (or even a cheat day, like i have every week) is OKAY.. but people want to bully and nit pick about it.

GROW THE HELL UP PEOPLE... these are adults. They are very aware that ice cream and brownies make ya fat.

Leave them alone unless they ask.. "what am i doing wrong"

They have a right to keep their diary open, or closed.

This is a place for them to COUNT CALORIES, not to be judged, belittled or mocked.

MIND YA DAMN BUSINESS!
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    Ok, Here's my diary, open to the public, now pick away. Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, three egg whites, 1/4 cup salsa, 1 cup cooked oatmean, 2 tsp stevia. Lunch: 8 oz baked tilapia, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli. DInner: 8 oz skinless baked chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli. For a snack usually a protein shake or some extra chicken and apples and bananas.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Why do people .................start threads griping about people not having open diaries when their profile is set to private and their diary is not open? HMMMMMM????
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Usually an eating disorder. Or at least I think so. Otherwise why wouldnt they let anyone else see what they eat?
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Usually an eating disorder. Or at least I think so. Otherwise why wouldnt they let anyone else see what they eat?

Because they don't want people who make absurd assumptions like "anyone who doesn't have an open food diary must have an eating disorder" looking at their diary. Because god knows what that kind of person would think of them if they saw what they ate!
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Funny thread...

Both funny as in very humorous (loved the cat comment :wink: ) and funny as in, well, just crazy. The comments about people who don't open their diaries having eating disorders is really imaginative :tongue:

It actually makes me appreciate that MFP is allowing for a choice to either share the food and exercise diaries or keep it to oneself.

Thank you, MFP :flowerforyou:
  • thebigcb
    Options
    I think people are selective as too whom they allow read there food dairies, because there is so much unqualified advise handed out, from people who have a little bit of knowledge.
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    I'm luckily the type that can eat anything and not gain a lb. I like this site for the support for every ones goals for a healthy lifestyle.I feel its none my business what others eat..every ones body is different
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to EVERYONE. what do you have to hide "Tenster?"
  • thebigcb
    Options
    I'm luckily the type that can eat anything and not gain a lb. I like this site for the support for every ones goals for a healthy lifestyle.I feel its none my business what others eat..every ones body is different

Thats cause you are 23. Come back when you are 33 and will the same be true