SAHM 1/25/10 - 1/31/10

Options

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello chicks!

We got 6 inches of snow last night! We're snowed in here. We're going outside as a family to go play in the snow, and then a little later we're going to go for a walk in the snow (higher resistance = more cals burned!) around the neighborhood as a family.

Trish - Whoo hoo!!! I'm so excited for you!

Welcome sandmart! :flowerforyou:

I can't remember if I posted my goals for today last night:

9 cups water
    log everything
    no more than 700 cals over
    walk
    exercise dvd (warm up & circuit 1, possibly try another circuit too)

Well, the snow beckons! Have a great day!:heart:
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Welcome Sandmart! Awesome about the pound--I am so jealous!!!!

Way to go Trish!! We are so proud of you for sticking it out even with being sick earlier this week. You know you are going to be addicted to running now right? AWESOME job!

You gals know were are here for a reason right. Your positive attitude is what is keeping me on this journey right now. Yes I am busy with kids and projects. I am not always this crazy but hey whatever.

Here is the deal. I have consistently walked & keep pretty close to my calories for over two weeks. So you would expect some movement on the scales? Well that is why I didn't post much yesterday cause I am battling the frustration. I was down to 151(from 153 around the first of the year) and had stayed there for a couple of days. Was waiting for my official weigh in on Friday to change it on MFP. Went out with hubby and had a burger & smoothie. Was still right on my calories so I didn't expect any change on Friday. Not so--gained 1.5 pounds--YIKES.

Yesterday--walked & had a treat of some m&ms at my scrapbook night but nothing crazy. Ate a bowl of cereal when I got home at 1 cause I was starving! I was over by 150 calories of my limit. Jumped on the scale and guess what--another 1/2 lb. I just want to see some success. I am not quitting but ARRRGGGGG! My goal is when I have to be in front of a bunch of people for my son's graduation to be 5 lbs lighter. That is so reasonable by May but right now I don't have much hope.

So to finish the month strong--thanks for the challenge Stacey. I am going to smile today even though I am frustrated. I am going to drink my water(4 glasses already). I am going to stay right at my calories today. 1/2 a piece of cake at the party this afternoon & no ice cream. If I can I am going to walk again today--busy day so we well see.

Sorry to be the downer today but thanks for the listening ear(and shoulder to cry on).

Kim
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Currently brewing Celestial Raspberry Green Tea. Will eat it later with my hard-boiled egg and 1 pc of wild berry muffin.

Plan for the day:
    clean the floors - I have wooden floors in the living room which gives me some form of workout when I polish it. NICE!!!
    clean the bethroom - love a sweet smelling bathroom
    my mp3 is almost fully charged so I can do my calisthenics after my house cleanup
    Strength training after calisthenics

What works for me to battle with frustration:
    I usually load up on green salads (I mean at leats 2 bowls full of spinach and lettuce)
    1 muffin
    1 4 oz. of baked salmon fillet
    green tea
    water
    (I notice that I wake up in the mornings feeling lighter and when I weigh in, I am happier than the previous day. It might work for some of you even just for placebo).
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support, girls! Just got back from grocery store & am dog tired. A nap is definitely in order! I was going to have tuna fish for lunch, but after the run I felt kinda queasy, so the thought of mushy tuna fish was... BLAAAAAH. We do 1/2 of our shopping at Walmart, and they had a Subways there. I can't remember the last time we were at Subways. So I asked Andy if we could treat ourselves, and we did. I got a Veggie Delite, and had them take out most of the bread inside. I got a foot long, but only ate half & I'm saving the other half for lunch tomorrow.
    When we went to our other grocery store, I splurged on a Milky Way Midnight. It's been a couple months since I had one of those, too! So I think part of that will be my (very naughty) snack this afternoon.

Nicole, be extra proud. It was 20 degrees out during the race, and my lungs never bothered me! I got winded, sure, but I'm not wheezing like I have bronchitis. I can take a deep breath without pain. Now that it's over, I don't feel that I pushed myself hard enough during the race. I wasn't even that sweaty when I was done! LOL.

Looking forward to starting C25K on Tuesday. I've already picked out a charity run for the end of March. Definitely going to beat my 1 hour time, LOL

Okay... off to crawl into my favorite hoodie and curl up on the couch for well deserved nap. Will touch base again later & catch up with everyone's progress for the day :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome sand! i think your lettuce idea is a good one--all that roughage + water

kim ((hugs)) i know it's frustrating. i've been here for a year and lost 12# at one point. but that's as far as i've gotten. and sometimes it just dsn't change for long time. as for gains--i'd really say it's water retention. that stuff bloats u up and slows you down quickly.
    after 4 glasses today, my finger swelling finally went down.

don't give up!! you are at least 5 lbs lighter than when you started and that is significant. even if you only lose 1 more pound this whole year it's still one pound!! kwim?

the best advice that i can give--change what you're doing. either get a dvd from the library and do that for a week instead of or in addn to your walking, make your breakfast bigger and lunch smaller, add more veges to lunch and dinner, drink 4 more oz of fluid, do a week of serious stretching, change your snacks for the week, NO treats for a week (yes,i know how impossible that one is!). pick something new and different to do for the next 1-2 wks and see if that jiggles anything so that wt loss starts to happen!

i hope it helped to vent and get advice. know i'm sending YOU CAN DO THIS vibes your way~~((hugs))
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    oh no--did i scare everyone away today?? too lecture-y?

**sorry**

i did not make my exercise for today but have achieved everything else. espec proud to be only 200 over on cals.

hope you all have a great night! and a wonderful jan 31!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I think we both must have, Stacey! LOL

Happy Sabbath, ladies! Enjoy the peace the day can bring :)
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    GM ladies! You didn't scare me away! LOL! :laugh: Hubby and I actually went out to dinner last night. I think I only went over my calories by 100, because I had a beer.:blushing: Oh well!:ohwell: :laugh:

I am just letting my breakfast settle and then I am going out for my long run. After that...I get to use the chainsaw and cut up some firewood! LOL
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Trish & Stacey--I am still here & reading posts--just a busy weekend. Church this morning was awesome! Tacos for lunch(yum!) Going shopping with hubby for his bifocals--poor guy. A meeting at 3. Home for supper ?what to have? Another meeting at 8 p.m. Yikes!

I am thinking stir fry or a big salad for me tonight and pilates after the meeting. Need to get ready for this week of school & projects. We are going to put grout in tomorrow night & then tile the shower walks on Wednesday. So I need to figure out how it all is going to happen & get our supplies from Home Depot.

Amy did you get the living room back together? What are everyone's goals for the week? Our 19th anniversary is Tuesday. Part of me wants to celebrate & part of me says going out to eat just backfires on me. We decided not to leave town or anything so . . . Right now putting tile up sounds like more fun--I really want my bathroom back!

Gotta run--will post my goals later on.

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Did Grace's hair in pigtails for the first time today. SHE WAS SO STINKIN' CUTE!! I also squeaked into one of my old size 18 dresses. Lots of people seemed to notice my weight loss. I even got stopped, "Uh... SKINNY MUCH?!"
    It felt really good to be noticed. I even told a couple of people I did a 5k yesterday, and they said they wanted to run my next one with me, that I inspired them.

It's already shaping up to be a busy week. I start C25K on Tuesday, take my brother in law to therapy, go to presidency meeting that night for primary, then Wednesday I have company coming after dinner, my diabetes check up that morning (CAN'T WAIT! Pretty sure I'm gonna pee myself from the suspense), and... yeah

In about an hour I am going to do some church business, and at some point today I WILL get a Biggest Loser workout in. I kind of have to if I'm going to enjoy my food the rest of the day.

Making low sodium lasagna tonight, maybe do a take 2 on the garlic bread fiasco. I noticed my dough doesn't do the marshmallow thing if I take it out before the rise cycle. Stacey, any insights on that, oh bread master ma'am?

Feeling great day after race. One of the gals at church who ran it yesterday asked me if I was sore. I told her nope, that I had spent most of Saturday stretching and staying off my feet.
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Wow, miss a little, miss a lot!!
    I've had a good weekend. No workout on Friday, well I went bowling with 4 kids in tow and that was kind of a workout but I didn't count it. I only ended up over my cal by 150 which was pretty good for no workout. 1290 is hard to maintain w/o "buying" back some of my calories at the gym which is a good motivator. Yesterday I woke up and had a huge breakfast and then went and burned all the calories I had just eaten. That felt great!
    Today I may do a little wf+ I am already almost 200 over my cal b/c I couldn't stay away from the choc chip cookies I baked for DH. He preached this morning so he was in need of some extra TLC (he's an assistant pastor and our pastor had a family emergency so he had to preach unexpectedly).
    I wish doing dishes burned lots of calories. I would be so skinny if it did...another pile in the sink to conquer as we speak.

Welcome Kim, Mama and Sand! (i just joined this group about a week ago and love these encouraging women!)

Trish- Congrats on the race! Wear your new T-shirt w/ pride!

Kim - Hang in there. I have lived in the "frustration" zone for the last year it seems. Last year I lost 10 lbs doing a yeast cleanse and then gained it all back plus more. I had been so frustrated until I joined this site. You can persevere!

Nicole - cleaning leaves off the flowerbeds...I'm so jealous. My flower beds are under at least 6 inches of snow still. I can't wait to smell the ground again and get my hands in it!

Amy - How was your walk in the snow? My kiddos and I want to start snowshoeing but haven't had the extra funds to invest in the snow shoes...in the mean time we burn lots of extra cals walking in it from time to time! Hope it was fun!

JR- Breadmakers are a dime a dozen at the goodwills around here. I got one for 3.00. You can usually print the manual from a website online.

Stacy - thanks for the encouragement to smile!

Looking forward to another great week of setting and meeting goals and sharing encouragement and inspiration with all of you!

Melissa
  • sandmart2009
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am glad to be back on here. It's been too cold for me to even attempt to go out... BRRRRRRR...

Trish: I am an Adventist. My hubby is Baptist and since I moved here from my country, we have decided to go to the church where his family goes to. It's been an amazing adventure so frar. People there are so warm. Still looking out for a good SDA church close to our house - we live in the country. :)

I managed to make it to calisthenics last night. Bought the new digital scale and so far, it's been an accurate and precise one. MORE PRESSURE?

I am really hoping it will warm up even just for a little bit this week. I miss walking and just enjoying some ME TIME.

Question: What do you do for knee pain? Do you all use knee support. What I have noticed is ever since I hit my heaviest, my knees are just not happy. Even wearing simple dress shoes with 2 inch heels is becoming a lot of pain. Any advise?
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Oh, Sand, I hope I did not offend saying Happy Sabbath. It occurred to me that today may not be the Sabbath for all! I am glad you are attending church. I believe it is good for the soul, in the same way that healthy food & exercise is good for our bodies.

I have had knee troubles for a very long time. They tend to "clack" when I walk (though I've noticed that they are not doing it as much anymore now that I've lost weight & see a chiropractor regularly). Is the pain in your bone or your muscles? If it's in your muscles, try some blue goo or activon. If it's in your bones, try a chiropractor, and stick with your weight loss plan. I hope that helps!
    I never wear heels, so I wouldn't know. In honesty, most of the time I run my errands around our church house barefoot. Shoes bug me. If one is to treat the Lord's house as if it were your own, I would totally want Him to be comfortable and run around barefoot in my house! I hope He doesn't mind ;)
  • sandmart2009
    Options
    Trish: No not at all! I like it when I hear people say "Happy Sabbath". Going to church is one thing I treasure in all my week. My faith is very important to me and I even pray for my weight loss everyday. I think God is teaching me to persevere as it has been a huge effort lately. You know how it is when age just catches up to you.

It's a lazy Sunday for me. I didn't work out. Just enjoying my time with my husband and daughter. Not really looking forward to Monday - I miss them very much. I have blueberry flavored green tea brewing now.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I hope you have enjoyed your Sunday. I sure did! It was a beautiful day today!

K- I wish I could help you out more with the knees hurting...mine sometimes do too, ans that's when I am usually acidic, meaning my Ph is a little off.

We are having baked chicken....again....I am so glad the fam likes it!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Lasagna turned into stir fry for dinner b/c hubby didn't want to wash the baking dish I needed. Oh well, lasagna sounded complicated anyway, and I love stir fry any day of the week. But now I REALLY have to workout (lazy me), to accommodate the extra calories. Blargh.
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Hope everyone a great weekend. Hubby is upstairs trying to get a nap in before he goes to work tonight. So far the kids are behaving and aren't making too much noise. I just got my light workout in. I have to cook dinner yet and and a meal for DH to bring to work, he requested Mac & Cheese. We use Dreamfield Pasta which is low carb and Ragu cheese sauce. It comes out really good. For dinner I'm making him sausage onions and peppers. Not sure I'm in the mood for that, but that is the plan anyway.

Tomorrow starts a brand new month, if I lose half as much as I did this month I should make my first mini goal.

Here is to a healthy February!:smile:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    wow do I need to get in here everyday. The family reunion was great, I ate in moderation for the most part but I still havn't gotten on the scale to see where i'm at. I want to maybe give myself a few days and then hop on there. I hope to find some renewed motivation, my dh will be gone for an unknown amount of time (thank you coast guard) and so I have a chance to kick start myself and only have to worry about fixing meals that me and the kids like. For some reason it's just so much easier to diet when my dh is gone.
    I havn't had a chance to read the last weeks posts but I hope everyone is doing awsome, and I can't wait to catch up!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    I couldn't agree more about dieting when DH is gone. Don't get me wrong I don't like when he deploys but the brighter side is less meal preparation less cleaning, less laundry. Well I hope your DH has a safe trip.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more about dieting when DH is gone. Don't get me wrong I don't like when he deploys but the brighter side is less meal preparation less cleaning, less laundry. Well I hope your DH has a safe trip.

That's exactly it, I hate to see him go but i'm trying to look on the bright side and that was the first thing that came to mind LOL Less food to get ready & worry about, already noticed the laundry is a lot less to! No idea how long he will be gone, he headed to FL to help with the haiti situation so I'm going to make the most of it and try and lose atleast a few lbs before he comes back. So far we hear atleast 30days but it could be more like 90 days...would be great if I could be at goal by then!