Beautiful Blues 1/26/10

Options

Replies

• shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I got a good 40 min walk in today at lunch. So, I felt good about that.
    Other then that, just keeping low key. Dealing with family issues.
    My mom, who is a breast cancer survivor, has a tumor on her adrenal gland. So, she was at the dr's today for some scans.
    We're hoping and praying it's benign!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    shutterbug4674- I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. I'm sending some prayers your way.

chrissyh- Thanks for the concern. On my day off I do 20 minute yoga or 20 minute stretch and listen to my body when it is in pain.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Guys I am trying so hard to get to a loss for our weigh in BUT I can't weigh in again til the 15th - I won't have access to a scale on Monday - I'll be in Baltimore (subject to my flight getting there Sunday)

Did my hour strength class came home and did P90X CardioX - nice burn!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    My mom, who is a breast cancer survivor, has a tumor on her adrenal gland. So, she was at the dr's today for some scans.

Is it related? When your Mom had breast cancer did she have lumpectomy or mastectomy? How many years ago? I am full of questions being a survivor myself. I was diagnosed at 34 and had bi-lateral mastectomy-now a 4 year survivor.

She's strong - she's a fighter - she will overcome this obstacle as she did the last!
  • chrissyh
    Options

chrissyh- Thanks for the concern. On my day off I do 20 minute yoga or 20 minute stretch and listen to my body when it is in pain.

good stuff!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options

my prayers with be with you and your family.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I did the last chance workout with Jillian and WOW do I feel it tonight holy crap. Lifting my arms even hurt. Which means it worked I guess. WOW is all I have to say. So I think I'm going to stay with that workout for a couple of weeks when Im not on the treadmill.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Jess - sounds like a massage is in order..........or at the least a hot bath!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Guys I am trying so hard to get to a loss for our weigh in BUT I can't weigh in again til the 15th - I won't have access to a scale on Monday - I'll be in Baltimore (subject to my flight getting there Sunday)

Good Luck getting to Baltimore!! My sister lives near Baltimore, she is expecting 20 - 30 inches of snow this weekend!!!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    shutterbug4674 - so sorry to hear about your mom. Will be thinking of you.

j_g4ever - high five for the killer work out!

I did level 2 and level 3 of the 30 day shred this morning. I won't have a chance to workout tonight. Back to the gym tomorrow AM with a spinning class and maybe a 30 min jog.

Happy Friday Blues!! Have a great weekend!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My knees hurt sooo bad today. I am trying to find the Dr I saw when I had my broken leg to make an appointment and gett them looked at
  • chrissyh
    Options

Good Luck getting to Baltimore!! My sister lives near Baltimore, she is expecting 20 - 30 inches of snow this weekend!!!

Yep-not so sure if our flight will even leave the ground!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Great workout lastnight...did my hour strength class then the P90X Cardio X! I am attempting to step it up a knotch!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Chrissy had did you like the P90X cardio?
  • MayLan
    Options
    Happy Friday Everybody!!!!

I'm looking closely at my food diary and I've noticed that since I have started snacking on "healthy" treats my sodium levels have gone up. So I adjusted my sodium level to 1500 because I searched here on MFP and saw that Dr. Oz recommends that level. It just seems that my body has been retaining water. I also noticed that it helps to drink extra water, above 10 cups to get rid of the sodium and get rid of the water weight.

I'll be doing my workout in a few minutes while my toddler naps. I'll do Shaun T's Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I'm totally hooked on this workout. I have never sweated so much in my life. It's like insane; Kinda like a boot camp/ plyometrics/ army training; just really challenging.

I'm set on getting a loss this week, so I'll be tracking my food diary to see if I notice any changes in my eating.

Have a great day all!!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Chrissy had did you like the P90X cardio?

It goes by really fast because it changes to quick - I'll definitely pull it out again!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Ok so I know it hasn't been long since I proclaimed that I was going to start all over however, I did it I stepped on the damn scale. :sad: I should just exercise I need the extra calories right now. I'm SO in love with my peanut butter and choc. chips mixed together at night. I make sure to eat it 3 hrs before I go to bed. And I always make sure that I have enough calories. Is that was killing me here. O man.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    BTW I figured out my calories that I can consume every week that includes me burning 800 calories per day. That way I can vary how many from day to day.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Found out why I gained the weight. I have myself in starvation mode. I was figuring my calories wrong after reading Jillian's book I didn't completly understand and now after looking at my excel document my husband helped me figure it out. So now I have to get myself out of this starvation mode and eat some food.
  • MayLan
    Options
    j_g4ever- Awesome job on staying positive and continuing on your weight loss journey. Sometimes we have to change things here and there, but we will make it! I just picked up a copy of the book you're reading by Jillian, winning by losing, and I'll be reading it. Best wishes to you!!!