Beautiful Blues 1/26/10

Options
12345679»

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    But, I thought of something that is high fiber, low carb, which is ground flaxseed. I'm going to have my hubby get me ground flaxseed from GNC and I'll just add the tablespoons to my drinks. I think it will work!!! Hehe.....

You can put ground flaxseed in MANY things besides drinks..

You can sprinkle on cereal, oatmeal. Sprinkle on salads, pasta, sandwiches., Anything.

I think you'll pay more for Ground flaxseed from GNC.
    You can buy it from supermarkets, Bulk food stores.
    Buy it whold and then grind it as you need it.
    I think I heard that ground flaxseed doesn't store as long when already grounded up.

I don't remember if this has been asked before.
    But what is Jillians idea of eating exercise calories?........ Does she set out a certain amount of calories you should eat and stick with that, regardless of how much exercise?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have found that meal replacement drinks make me hungrier in the long run. I would much rather eat real food. :wink: I am usually trying to eat something else within 15 minutes. So not satisfying.

I have my 4 servings of vegies today. Now to just keep it up. I had already changed my diary to reflect a 40/30/30 ratio, which is what I need anyway so now to just stick with it. I am definitely not getting enough protein. My BIL ordered me some whey protein which he says is fantastic--only 2 carbs per serving and no added sweeteners. We will see if I like it. :laugh:

I will get the board up tomorrow. I have spent the whole day procrastinating putting it together and then I realized we are not doing the competition anymore! :noway: I always procrastinated until Tuesday for some reason. If you have not sent your weight send it my way and I will get it up tomorrow morning.

I really like ground flaxseed. I have a recipe from the BL on my blog that uses it in pancakes. Yum! I mix it in yogurt, my smoothies and bake with it a lot. I buy the whole seeds and grind them in a coffee grinder. They do go rancid fast so keep the seeds in the freezer and refridgerate any leftover grounds. :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    Options
    http://debscooking.blogspot.com/

Here's my blog if you were wondering. :bigsmile:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    ttthumper- thank you for the recommendations!!! I don't have a coffee grinder, because I don't drink coffee though. It would be convenient to grind them myself. I was also wondering what Jillian thinks about eating back your exercise calories. I read through most of the book "Winning by Losing" and she doesn't mention anything about eating your exercise calories. She doesn't recommend women to go below 1200 calories, and the book has you calculate your AMR, and then you can aim to lose 2 lbs per week, which means you need a 1000 deficit from your AMR. I'm going to check out another book of hers, maybe the one about Metabolism.

debnu- Thanks for the ideas. Wow I love your food images from your blog, you are making me so hungry. Girl, you could open up a bakery. You're really good!!!!
  • mrwatson
    Options
    The scale did not produce numbers in the direction I was hoping this week. I had an off week and didn't expect a big loss. However, I didn't plan on gaining either. UGH. Last week, the kids were out of school 3 days and I was completely off my game. The cold weather is discouraging to me. I hope this will be a better week for me and the rest of our group. I am on the wait list for Jillian's book from the library.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    OK, new recipe of the day. We have declared it a keeper.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chicken-Spareribs
    I didn't use the oil, just put everything in the oven. I cup the sugar a little bit, and next time will cut way back on the soy sauce. Anyway, it was quite good. Happy Monday all!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Wow ttthumper I never looked at it like that before. I will finish the ones I have so I am not wasting money then find another idea for my morning snack that is better for me and keeps me fuller longer.

I just finished the shred and did some modifications but I can;t wait until my P90X gets here so I can " bring it"

see yall in the mornin
  • debnu1
    Options
    Thanks almomay :blushing: I enjoy cooking, and eating what I cook--that is one of the reasons I have a hard time being on plan. I have obviously made all those things, and eaten them lately.

I have my day all planned tomorrow. I get to go do a workout put on by one of the sponsors of the BL comp I am in. It should be interesting. I am excited to do something different too. It will be a busy day though.

Have a great one!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My haircut got canceled today - bad news because it is driving me nuts and looks bad, but good news because it gave me time to get to the swimming pool!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I too changed my nutrient goals to 40, 30, 30. And I am now looking for ways to reduce my carbs and keep my sodium in check. I have tomorrow planned out really well. Headed to the grocery store tonight to stock up.

Boxing class tonight! Keep up the good work this week Blues!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Mornin all

after thinking about it I am going to get rid of all my Ensure except the one I need for my snack today. I don't need all that extra sugar, but it is the only thing I have with me today for a snack.

I am watching my coworkers inhale 2 and 3 donuts each and thinking how sluggish I woiuld feel after the sugar rush wore off if I ate one. I am just amazed at how my attitude has changed twords somethings since I started thinking about what I ate.

Hope yall have a great Tuesday :drinker:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning Team,

It was nice and sunny this morning so I got the strength to exercise in the morning. I think it would be beneficial for my moods to exercise in the morning, because I notice I'm more positive. I'm having a hard time while looking for work so I really need to take care of myself and tune into the positive. This morning I did Shaun T's Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance and Insane Abs for a total of 70 minutes. Now, I have the rest of the day to do my grad school homework.....(exciting... :) )

Taradise- I know, I have just started looking at my sodium, and I'm amazed at the sodium content in food. I'm having some cottage cheese this morning which makes my body feel so good, but it's loaded in sodium. On my next trip to the grocery store I'll see if they have one that is low fat, and maybe low sodium.

Talk to you later!
  • MayLan
    Options
    smadag1- You can do it!!! I like to eat my own healthy treats while people indulge in unhealthy ones. It makes me feel like I'm not missing out.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Instead of a nasty donut or sugary Ensure I remembered I had some pretzels in my desk so I had those for my morning snack instead. Now all the Ensures are gone and I will start brining better snacks to work
  • debnu1
    Options
    Go smadag! Go Smadag!!

Here is our next board... I figure it is about time we get out of January :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/80872-beautiful-blues-2-8-10