What is the nicest thing you've done for anyone?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• melegge
    Options
    My last semester in nursing school I organized for my class to adopt a family for Christmas. We gathered enough money to buy the singe mother and her 3 children all of the items off their list(necessities and clothes). We then bought the kids age appropriate toys and a Cub Foods gift card to ensure they would have food over the Holidays. I was so impressed by the willingness of my classmates to donate and help this family.

I wouldn't consider this the nicest thing I have ever done. Just pure humanity. When I was working on the Medical floor as a nurse one of my patients was passing and her family couldn't get there in time. I asked my charge nurse to take over the remainder of my assignment and I sat with my patient, held her hand and prayed for her as she passed away. We didn't come into this world alone so we shouldn't go out of it alone. That day my heart was filled with such sorrow and gratitude. I was grateful that she was on my assignment so I was able to be there for her.