WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• scompton54
    Options
    The final tally is in for our Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser....all monies going to the Students' Council which pays for all the sports and clubs. Because Ontario has adopted a healthy schools policy, the vending machines have not been raising the same amount of monies to run program as they used to (funnily enough, the hospital vending machines across the road, have not stopped stocking unhealthy snacks and pop and are making a fortune off our students) Anyway, we made $5500 after expenses, mainly the cost of the food and paper supplies, for our school. Not too shabby for a small rural high school of 450.

We will definitely make this an annual event and my students, who are not always the best behaved or academically achieving, really stepped up to the plate. We were hoping to have a spaghetti fight this afternoon with the left over cooked spaghetti but at the 11th hour, the administration kaiboshed it which I think is rather sad, I think it would have been a lot of fun and the stuff will compost quickly. We had had a homeroom challenge to see who would bring in the most pasta,,,,,we are sending almost 300 lbs to the local food bank with the leftovers. Next week, my class will cook breakfast for the winning homeroom.

Oh well, early night for me, maybe after some trashy TV and then tomorrow, back to the gym.

regards

Sarah
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yay just read through 6 pages !! I've missed a couple of days because I have been so tired.. I've been working full time for the past two weeks, my friend and colleague Jane has been off work, her mum has beebn in hospital with pneumonia, I think she's a little better now thank goodness.

:frown: Will have to keep this short now, it's taken me nearly an hour to catch up, and it's past my bedtime :yawn: :yawn:

:drinker: I'm still shredding with Jillian, think I have a bit more energy, but I've noticed that if I've had a restless nights sleep (waking up every few hours) I find my stamina isn't up to it and I have to take a break during the skipping. I can't skip very well at the best of times :bigsmile: I can hop from one foot to the other but not jump with both feet together, not for long anyhow. I'm on day 9 (I've missed two days through lack of time - but did a 10 min workout instead) and I wonder if I should move up to level 2 in a few days or keep on level 1 for a bit longer. I might give it a try see how it goes. I feel good when it's over though so will stick with it.

:ohwell: Still need to get into the habbit of drinking more water and I know that helps me with my weight loss, so don't know why I find it so difficult.

:bigsmile: The **** a leekie soup been deemed as inappropriate gave me a giggle.

Sorry had a few more things to reply to, but I've forgotten them - shudda made note,

:yawn: :yawn: Must get to bed it's nearly midnight I'll not get up in the morning.

Night Night dear friends

Viv x
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening special ladies. Got to play golf today but the wind was blowing 30 mph. Boy, am I tired. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I'm back to tracking and doing o k. My November goals are:
    track every day, every meal and snack: drink at least 6 glasses of water. Since I stopped drinking diet soda I really enjoy water more now.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    oops. guess I hit the wrong button:blushing: some more of my goals: get on MFP earlier so I can respond to posts, get some movement everyday.
    I have a question for you all. Do you think the calories burned for exercise on MFP is way high? I played golf and got 1000+ calories burned and I was riding in a cart. Granted I did hit it a lot!
    Have a great evening.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    oops. guess I hit the wrong button:blushing: some more of my goals: get on MFP earlier so I can respond to posts, get some movement everyday.
    I have a question for you all. Do you think the calories burned for exercise on MFP is way high? I played golf and got 1000+ calories burned and I was riding in a cart. Granted I did hit it a lot!
    Have a great evening.

Sometimes I do think this. If I question it, I either enter half of my actual time or eat way under the allotted calories. Mary
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!! I am so ready for it. My students and I are all looking forward to the three day weekend.

Are any of you from New York City? I was reading another news article about Mayor Bloomberg's policies, and couldn't believe it.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/bloomberg-strikes-again-nyc-bans-food-donations-to-the-homeless/
    Now, I am definitely for healthy eating, but cutting off food donations to homeless shelters because you can't measure the fat and salt? Seems pretty crazy to me.

I went to the doctor again this morning for this cough that I can't kick. More antibiotics, etc etc and come back in 2 weeks. Maybe the weekend will be the cure that I need. I hope so, because I am hesitant to get back to exercising until I feel better.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! Mary
    Mary - I am not from nyc but we are close enough that our Tv news is all from nyc...I wish he would concentrate on other things...not that what he says is necessarily wrong but government doesn't need to make those choices (Imho)!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Meg, here's the recipe. :bigsmile:

Ginger Roasted Carrot Bisque

6 medium carrots, washed and cut into half-inch pieces
    1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
    2 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger (I added an additional teaspoon)
    1 teaspoon curry powder
    1 teaspoon paprika
    3 tablespoons olive oil (I used 2-1/3)
    4 cups chicken or turkey stock
    1-1/2 cups non-fat milk (I used 1%)
    Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
    Shredded Italian cheeses for topping

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a baking pan, toss carrots with 1 table olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast in the oven about 20 minutes or until carrots start to brown slightly around the edges.

Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add paprika, and curry powder until the spices begin to sizzle. Add onion, ginger, and tomatoes. Sauté until onion is soft. Add roasted carrots and stock; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
    Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool. Purée in a blender until smooth.
    Return soup to pot, add milk and heat gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
    Ladle into bowls and garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon shredded cheeses.

I'm making chicken pot pie tonight, I don't get to have any crust. Which is ok. More room for wine! :laugh:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: With DH away for a couple of days, I actually have time to read your posts! How fun to catch up. Seeing sooooo many ladies I don't know yet. Welcome, welcome. I've been on MFP since - well, I can't remember. Barbie's the one who keeps this thread going and I thank her for that.
    Personally, I've been up and down (in more ways than one.) But I thought I would post so that you can all see how lil grandson is walking now and there's no stopping him. He is 15 months now. Is that not hard to believe? He is of course the cutest thing, and we are enjoying him so much.

Till next time, although I can't promise when!

:heart: :heart: Rebel
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Lila - your lunch sounds fabuloso. That was so nice of the company to arrange for a healthy lunch.

Well, I put a baby spoon in the bathroom to have my appleasuce this a.m. and I think one of the cats must have been playing with it because it's no where to be found. Well, I do have other baby spoon, and it'll show up eventualy.

I know Vince would kill me if he ever knew, but I did a Leslie Sanson Walk at Home video today. Did it on the rebounder so there wasn't impact. He's of the opion that I should just lay around and rest. I'm sorry, I just can't lay around. If it were up to him, he'd have me in my panjamas. I couldn't do that. If I were still in my pajamas, you'd know that I was REALLY REALLY sick. I'll probaby work on the coasters for Christmas for a friend today. I'm thinking that I'll go to yoga tomorrow, yoga isn't very vigorous (high impact) so I don't think there's going to be an issue of the blood clot breaking off.

Speaking of which, I've had the gauze in my mouth now and every few hours I change it. There's just a little blood on it, so I think a clot is forming....finally.

There is a sign at the bowling alley that says "no outside food or beverage". When someone in the senior league turns 80, they have a cake, we had one Wednesday. I've always brought in my own tea. They did say something to this one guy (now that I think of it, he's not on the league this winter) who brought in bread and sandwich fixings and had his lunch there. Now that's going too far. So many of the seniors bring in granola bars or something like that. I really think that they're reasonablel -- like they don't have hot tea, only iced (which really isn't very good anyway). They do provide us with free coffee (I'm not a coffee drinker) and water, so that works for the summer.

Lin - I liked the idea of brownie bites/cookies for my cousin. She has two young boys. I remember when my father passed away, someone sent a plant to my house which was very nice. Then again, my kids were older. But her boys wouldn't care about a flower or plant. But now cookies......... I'm sure my cousin doesn't probably want them, but her boys (9 + 11) will like them I'm sure
    I remember once Jessica made this green bean recipe from a Rachel Ray cookbook. It had so much oil in it!

Amanda - so sorry you're having to go thru all that with your dad and being the only one. But know deep down inside that you're doing the right thing and you'll never regret it. Are those grandtwins ALREADY two? No, that can't be..... Seems like just yesterday they were being born. Am I getting old or what? I know that you'll enjoy your time with them

Cheryl - oh, that's just so great that you're down! I had everything crossed for you. Good for you resisting the pizza. Sometimes we need to have a piece of cake or else we'd binge so that's OK. And great you resisted taking goodies home with you. Yea you! That's just great that you managed to get in Jillian and still make the meeting. Doesn't it feel so good?

We got an invitation to an open house in December. The only thing I saw was the word "Christmas", and I thought "oh, no, not a Christmas card". But it was an invitation to an open house.

Robin - welcome and congrats on stopping smoking. That's one of the best things you could have done for yourself and your family.

Lin - you probably did the best thing by not saying anything more to your friend. She's still in denial of what really needs to be done (a lifestyle change). We have a membership to Sam's. The reason we got it was mainly because of the gas. In the course of a year, we figure we'll save at least the $40 the membership costs. And then there are times when I need to have a large quantity of things (like when we're taking something to a function where there will be a lot of people. For Christmas I'll get crab legs from there because I know that they're big. The lobster tails are just too big.) You're right, some things are just in too large a quantity. It really isn't worth it for me to buy my groceries there because they'd go bad before I could finish them up.

In some ways I feel so funny, I had this vegetable risotto baby food that I was going to donate to the soup kitchen. Anyway, guess what I had for lunch?

Vince and I were out doing more landscaping. He wanted me to go in the house early because he felt that I was hampering my healing. We did get the hard part done, putting edging on a steep slope. It was 70 here today.

Laura - I never heard of putting a tea bag on an open wound. Does it make a difference if it's green tea or any other? Do you wet the tea bag first or put it in your mouth dry? Crossing everything for your hubby. Vince looked forward to the "after" part of our wedding, too. We had rented a Rolls Royce instead of a limo. In the Rolls came a bottle of wine. There's one pic of him smiling A LOT....lol I got one glass so that should tell you something

jane - that restaurant sounds so neat.

meg - so glad you're feeling better. When Bryan was younger, he'd take food into his room. At one point there were maggots in his closet!

Mary - I'm with you, crazy mayor Bloomberg. If someone is hungry, they really aren't concerned with calories or salt or fat. They are concerned with the rumble in their stomach

Chris - good luck on the 5K. Boy, you sure do have your share on problems! How wonderful that you're not letting them get the best of you.

Good news - it looks like a blood clot is forming. Today there was just a little blood on the gauze, tonight I didn't even keep the gauze in while I was having dinner (which made eating my soup go from two hours to only one) and I tried having a bit of Sargento cheese (wich I had some Babybel in the house, I think that's a softer cheese) and a little bit of a bronie. Still had a somewhat hard time with that one. Now to see what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow. On Saturdays I usually have an egg along with some beef jerky or a bran muffin but I don't think I'll be able to get those in my mouth quite yet. Well, one positive of all this is that I haven't been able to eat. But don't worry, that'll easily be

Sarah - what a wonderful total for your fundraiser! Thats' just wonderful. How nice that you're sending so much to the local food bank. That helps the kids. Lucky you....t doesn't matter if you can't see the calories or sodium on the prepared spaghetti....lol

Viv - I'd give level 2 a try. You never know until you try. If you can't do it, you can always go back to level 1 for a bit. But you won't know unless you try. I say go for it -- you're probably stronger than you think you are

Well, I'll get ready for bed now. Maybe I'll have some oatmeal tomorrow.

Michele
  • Diane_58
    Diane_58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm from NE Washington, and we have snow! ... My goal this month, on top of counting calories and moo-oo-ving my bod, is NO SUGAR. (Thanksgiving is the exception.)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options

I've been reading through the list of "Negative Emotions" that a friend had sent me when she was studying with a self-enrichment spiritual group. There are so many things listed that make me stop and tell myself to keep a happy outlook and do not give in to negativity or feelings of Guilt, which is one of the emotions on the list along with Impatience, Disappointment, Hurt, Worry, and so many more.. Whew. How can we conquer these things!

:smile: jb

One of my happiness commandments and goals for this month is "Act the way I want to feel"
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    RNY is a gastric bypass operation; where they make your stomach into a pouch the size of an egg and re-route the intestine. It is a drastic measure but was my last resort to being healthy. It limits the amount of food you can eat and changes how your body absorbs nutrients. You can't metabolize sugar and have to limit any sugars in foods that you eat. I am glad I had it done but it is a drastic measure for sure.
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    MIA once again, strangely anxious and out of sorts this whole week, from worrying about Mom to arrivng back to WINTER in fall..

Wednesday:
    Okay , apparently I am not done venting….

Let’s add frustration to the reasons I am hoovering. When I was away for three weeks, I knew my guys missed me because they cleaned the house the day before I came home. I guess one week isn’t enough time to miss me because I came home to a mess! The kitchen was the worst but it looked like a bomb had gone off everywhere! My plane landed at 1am so it was 2am before I walked in the door. I couldn’t sleep so after getting up for the 4th time I stayed up and cleaned the kitchen. I opened the oven door and there was a glass dish shattered in a million pieces still sitting there covered in goo! WHAT?! My garment steamer was left on and the motor burned out!

And the SNOW, lets add winter to my list of things that have me on edge! We have a foot of it, it’s way too early for me, its going to be a very long winter! I think maybe I need a little scream-into-a-pillow therapy!! That might be better than eating everything in sight. My new pants are getting tight; this is not good, I am afraid to weigh-in on Monday after being up 3lbs last weigh-in!

Friday:

Oh I don’t want to go out in the snow (there is so much of it and its still coming down!) But I must, I will only have the vehicle for a day or two and it’s gone again. There is a strong need for some healthy edibles, the green kind. DH shopped while I was away but there wasn’t one vegetable in my kitchen when I returned from the coast (plenty of pop and chips I noticed) and he was gone again. I have been making do with what is in the freezer but I realized how much I count on fresh veggies for my daily intake. Maybe that is why I was ripping the cupboard doors off looking for snacks after supper; I didn’t fill up on veggies.

While waiting for DH to return from his trip through the treacherous road conditions this morning, I sat in the kitchen and took the time to hand–baste a number of sewing projects for Christmas, breath-in, breath-out, listing to my collection of male tenors; Il Divo, Josh Groban, Leonard Cohen and a few others, trying to keep calm. He will be home soon, all is well…. 4 ½ hours later he finally walked in the door. I thought the roads had been worse than expected but no, he went shopping for hunting supplies!! Why do I worry? It never does me any good! …sigh….

Whatever caused this switch to flip in me, I hope it flips back! I was doing so well and now I feel like I am a different person! I need to get a grip!...... and some veggies!

Kate
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, :flowerforyou:
    I saw the physical therapist yesterday. He told me to only wear the brace at bed time and if I had any heavy lifting to do ,like with cooking. Ice the wrist area in the evening. I can keyboard for 15 mins per hour,so I was doing this post and taking a break after my 15 mins was up and started again when the next hour started. :noway:
    Here is a NSV- I was reading the pages from 12 to 15 and was waiting for my DD#1 to go to the gym with me. This was about
    8pm. She was doing some homework, so I waited for her. At 9pm I said I had to go now because the gym closes at 10pm. I was going to do 30 mins on the elliptical. So, needless to say after waiting for her I went on my own. When I got to the gym 2 of the staff members were looking at me funny. Why??/ Because the gym was closed! It closed at 9pm! Oh well, I felt happy because I am now in the mind set that I have to go do my exercise!:drinker: Lesson learned to not wait on DD again! So, tomorrow I will have to work out longer. I am aiming for 210 mins a week. That is the goal of 30mins/day.:drinker: :bigsmile:
    DD#2 oral surgery went well and she is starting to act like her teenage:grumble: self again. THANK YOU ALL:bigsmile: for the support with the work comp issues. I did apply for State Disability. If any money should show up in 4-6 weeks, I will probably already be back at work! Hopefully.:smile: Raining here today and it the 60's. It will feel like fall for a few days! We get cold when it gets to the sixties! Lol
    Anyway, time to go to bed. DD#1 off to a shooting competition in the am and I will stay home with DD#2. Gym day tomorrow.
    Have a nutritious and self caring weekend ladies! Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!
    Linda-Sundance :heart:

Lila- that is great to have a conference that prepares healthy food.Maybe this will now be a trend! :drinker:

AuntieBK- Good for you getting down on the mat! I can’t get down on the floor. Way to go! :flowerforyou:

Whodatlixxie -thanks for the green bean recipe. I am going to give that a try. How do you figure out the calories? Total amount divided by the portions? :tongue:

Lin- I love the barcode scan on my I phone! I don’t buy much food from unless it is organic. I do buy toilet paper, paper towels, and laundry soap. Just stuff like that. They are getting more organic foods all the time. They have organic green beans and broccoli in the freezer section. I do buy this and the organic ground beef. I mix the beef with our elk. There is no fat on the elk, so I have to add some fat to it so I can make burgers. We do not have the skinny pop here! :cry:

DebA- So happy that you do not have to have surgery! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Mary- welcome back. I had to stare and stare at your profile picture, as I could not make out what the picture was. I finally saw that it is a dog with bows in her hair. Lol Good idea to take time to get better first. Your body needs to rest so it can heal. Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Laura80111- Happy Anniversary! That is awesome 39 years together!! Your boss must not be a good hunter if he is on the phone to you instead of hunting! Lol Hope you have a special evening tomorrow! Your husband sounds very kind and sweet. Praying for his promotion!:drinker: :drinker:

Katla49 A study shows that for each pound of body weight lost, there is a 4-pound reduction in knee joint stress among overweight and obese people with osteoarthritis of the knee.
    Researchers say the results indicate that even modest weight loss may significantly lighten the load on your joints.
    "The accumulated reduction in knee load for a 1-pound loss in weight would be more than 4,800 pounds per mile walked," writes researcher Stephen P. Messier, PhD, of Wake Forest University in the July issue of Arthritis & Rheumatism. "For people losing 10 pounds, each knee would be subjected to 48,000 pounds less in compressive load per mile walked
    So even 1 lb weight loss is taking 4 pounds of pressure off your knees! :drinker: :drinker:

Rose- hope your pain is getting better. I just saw the physical therapist. He told me to ice the area in the evening and only wear the splint if lifting something heavy (like cooking etc). Seems strange that your doctor will not give you a diagnosis? The question is “why not”. This site is the best place to be reading if you are feeling like eating and eating. I know I works for me and gets me motivated to exercise.:drinker: :drinker: :smile:

Joann- congrats on not eating when having stress. I know that is a trigger for me .I come to this blog and read and this helps ground me again! Glad you were having a better day!:bigsmile:

Meg- so nice to see you back on the blog! I hope that you are feeling better! What you mentioned about your DD hoarding her food just shows how impressionable children are. Seems like that she is older that she could realize that this is not going to happen now and that she doesn't have to do this anymore. :ohwell: :ohwell:

Geri in England- welcome. Check in often and share with us. Just being on this site will help you stay grounded and on track!:wink:

Janehadji-I need to hire a cleaning lady too! I did have one for awhile but had to let her go due to financial reasons. I need to do it because my DH does not have the same expectations about keeping the house clean as I do. If I clean something ,he will just make it dirty and not care about cleaning up after himself. This makes me crazy and this is why I did hire the cleaning lady. It does save a lot of fights. The Old stone church sounds lovely! :flowerforyou:

Cheryl- congrats on the 1.4 pounds less! I guess you are keeping the digital friend for awhile longer! I like your new ticker! So happy for you!

ChrisHanselma- so happy for you that the procedure worked on your back! It is awful to have chronic pain. I have found some happiness in exercising again. It used to be a big part of my life before my work injury. Praying for you! Congrats on the hour walk! So happy for you! :smile: :smile:

Sue-welcome back. How did you do after all that walking on vacation. If you gained anything that fast it should come off very quick. Main things is to get back on track! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Sarah-Wow that is a huge fundraiser! Hope it brought in the dollars for your school. Yes, 14 hours is too long to stand on your feet! Hope you will have a relaxing weekend! WOW that is a good amount of money from the spaghetti dinner! That is too bad that you could not have the spaghetti food fight! That would have been so much fun! :cry: :cry:

MaryC-congrats on your weigh in! Amazing that if one works a program they do work! Its just working the program that is the hard part sometimes!! :laugh: :laugh:

JB-sometimes its amazing to look back wards and wonder- how could I get to be like that!! I guess that is what happens when one is not having awareness about the here and now. Not be present in the moments!! Kidney bean and Kale soup. That sounds very good. Can you substitute pinto or black beans? I try to also not get into negativity etc. Some days it is hard around this house. 2 people with anxiety, which also has the component of depression with it, just makes me want to run away! Lol I am going to the gym is a few minutes. It does do good to make a healthy noggin. The other night when I went at 9pm, I had a hard time sleeping. Tonight, I will take a long hot shower. I am hoping that I will sleep tonight!- HaHA no exercise,but might still take a hot shower. I would rather sit in a jacuzzi with a glass of wine-if we had one!:laugh: :laugh:

Michele- I hope that your socket is still not bleeding! Do you like Jicama? This is a nice treat that is sweet and crunchy and low calorie. 1 cup(120.0 grams) is 46 calories. I think that is a fabulous idea to send cookies. That will bring a smile to their face! I laughed when I read what you said about the Rolls Royce and the wine.Lol

Liz- hope you got some sleep! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :bigsmile:

Amanda- so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sometimes family can be so frustrating. I hope that your siblings will help in some way. Have a lovely day with your grandtwins tomorrow. :smile: :smile:

Robin from Chicago- welcome, check in every day and let us get to know you! Being on this blog will help you to be successful!:bigsmile:

Texasgal- congrats on making into the 20’s! It feels good to go into a new weight loss bracket! You go girl!:drinker: :drinker:

Joyce- welcome, check in, log your food and exercise! You will be successful if you read the blog and post if you can.

JaneM-I can relate to what you have to go through with the accident and your testimony. I have had to do many depositions secondary to the workman’s comp attorney trying to play games and trick me into saying something that he could hold against me later. There is a saying in LAW –there is no truth in law, there are only facts that can be twisted around! I don’t know some of those lawyers can sleep at night. Just say the truth, and that’s all you can do! God will take care of the rest.

Dmomofthree- must have been fun to move the leaves with a leaf blower! I would go crazy using one of those! Lol. I would like to invent a vacuum would suck up doggie waste. Then you could just put the bag in trash! Lol :laugh: :laugh:

Robin,Bodi and Ritter-cant wait to see the pictures! Have a fun weekend hiking this weekend! Hugs:heart:

Genealace- thank you so much for the info on youtube about carpal tunnel. I watched it and I loved his accent. That was great advice you gave Bearshear18. I just changed my ticker to the # of pounds to go! I thought that this way might be more motivating for me. I will wait and see! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Viv- hope you have a nice restful weekend!:yawn: :yawn:

Suebdew- congrats on getting rid of the diet soda1 I did that a few years ago and I don’t miss it at all! Calories on MFP for exercise do seem high, but I have no idea how they calculate it. I know they say if you get a calorie total from a machine like a elliptical to use those calories, but those machines do not calculate your height into the factor, so I don’t know which is right. I usually count on the lower burn.

Rebel- thanks for sharing the cute grandson picture. I think most of us have been on the up and down train journey too!:wink:

Diane58- oh no snow. My friend also lives in NE Washington and she posted pictures of snow flakes on facebook. Brrrr:noway:

Barbie- still reading the happiness project. I have been trying to live by- act the way I want to feel. I think this is a fabulous goal. So, many things to be grateful for and it is better to fake it until I make it, one step one day at time! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    RNY is a gastric bypass operation; where they make your stomach into a pouch the size of an egg and re-route the intestine. It is a drastic measure but was my last resort to being healthy. It limits the amount of food you can eat and changes how your body absorbs nutrients. You can't metabolize sugar and have to limit any sugars in foods that you eat. I am glad I had it done but it is a drastic measure for sure.

I've known people who had gastric bypass surgery and lost a lot of weight and then gained a lot of it back because they gradually went back to many of their old behaviours.....I applaud your weight loss and especially your decision to become part of a community of women who will support and encourage your healthy eating so you can maintain your health permanently...on this thread we are creating a new lifestyle not just going on a temporary diet.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Oh my Sundance - 15 minute intervals and you took the time to address almost everyone. You rock!

I discovered yesterday that DMomofThree and I are like weight loss twins - both are the same height, started nearly the same weigh, goal is about the same, better balance on our horses was a motivator, both have 3 kids, and both have lost exactly the same amount of weight so far. I am going to be paying closer attention to you DMom (even the Mom in your id - on every horse site I follow I am MomwHorses).

Exermom - thank you so much for crossing everything. It worked, so I'll let you know when to start crossing again next week.

MegBlair - I admire your ability to deal with the challenges each of your daughters. I hope one day when they have totally matured they will recognize what an awesome Mom they have.

Yesterday I had a big lunch then rode one of my ponies for an hour and a half in the afternoon. When I got home I was famished but I wanted to do the 30DS first. But hubby was late. By then I was so hungry I didn't think I'd be able to get through the Shred. But I did. Yay me.

Then I made a huge pot of szechuan beef and vegatables and ate till my heart's content.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi All: Had a good logging day yesterday.....Got tragic news last night that my cousin was killed. He works with horses and got hit in the head, but did not make it. He was only in his mid 30's. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Will talk to you all next week....Hugs to all.....
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Joann - Sorry to hear of your family's loss. You are in my thoughts. Mary
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi All: Had a good logging day yesterday.....Got tragic news last night that my cousin was killed. He works with horses and got hit in the head, but did not make it. He was only in his mid 30's. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Will talk to you all next week....Hugs to all.....

Joan, so sorry to hear of your cousin; that truly is a tragic loss. May he rest in peace forevermore.

Saturday morning and all is well in Dallas. It is going to be another beautiful autumn day but windy. I think tomorrow we get rain and much cooler Monday so I hope to enjoy this day. I am always amazed as to the activity on this board. It is truly not possible for me to keep up with such an active group of ladies. I applaud you all. Keeping active is so important. I did read through the posts and made a few notes I'd like to share. But I'd like to wish everyone who reads a glorious day in the Lord.

Laura, congrats on 40 years of marriage; your husband did indeed see more in you than a wedding planner :blushing:

janehadjii, yes I am a Realtor and I did show houses to guy from Denver. I do believe our world gets smaller with all the technology we have today. I hope you enjoyed your lunch at the Old Stone Church; sounds like an intriguing place to dine.

janemartin, congrats on reaching that last PT; you have made it through the long haul. As for your testimony how about just reading whatever notes you made at the time of the incident - less stress :wink:

Meg, you sound as elated as I was after recovering from that nasty flu bug; it seemed like it took much more out of me too. Anyways, happy that you are feeling more like yourself once again and welcome back to the world of living!

msh0530, we are all wondering about that mayor in NYC :bigsmile:

wessecg, I'll second that! 50's and weight loss is a challenge but we :heart: the rewards that it brings.

chrishanselma, oh my, you are really ambitious to want to take that 5K walk on Thanksgiving; here's to preparing :smile:

barbie, I like your "Act the way I want to feel" and I sure hope you succeed!

junkekaertz, kate so true, it never benefits any of us to worry but we still do it and find ourselves grateful when they are safe.

On that note I leave you all to enjoy this new day and look forward to reading how everyone is doing; peace :bigsmile:
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss hugs and prayers to you
    :heart:
    Jen