Black Team Challenge week 4!

Options
Super busy week! Phew,

Wanted to get on long enough to start the new challenge for the week. So here it is. It's kind of a pick your poison thing. This one takes a bit of personal thought on your part.

Ask yourself- What is that one thing that you can't let go of that you KNOW is not helping you reach your goal. What is that food, or beverage that you know you should live without? what is that excersise that you avoid even though you know you need it. Pick your vise and lose it for the week.

I know I will miss you sugary peanut butter. It's either the natural stuff or nothing at all.

Anyhoo,

I am looking forward to seeing what guilty pleasures you all have. lol

Keep sending your weigh ins. I am working in New York for the next few days so I might not get the results posted until late tommorow night. Good luck on the scale!

:drinker:

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    think think think!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    cutting out all sugar-- again. I've been doing it "in moderation," a munchkin here (donut hole treat, for all of you outside Jersey) a nibble of pie there-- still just too much. Wasting precious calories on crap.

Maybe I'll try and cut out white bread again-- although that's all we can afford. But, if I can, I'll get to the grocery store and stock up on rice cakes again--

Thanks, Batman.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening all...I am going to give up snacking after dinner. I will have my dinner and that will be it for me for the night. I am adding about 200+ cals snacking in the evenings while watching TV or just on a quick break from typing. Maybe that will make a difference in the scale. Thanks for the challenge, Batman. G'night.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Evening all...I am going to give up snacking after dinner. I will have my dinner and that will be it for me for the night. I am adding about 200+ cals snacking in the evenings while watching TV or just on a quick break from typing. Maybe that will make a difference in the scale. Thanks for the challenge, Batman. G'night.

Ooh-- ooh-- yeah, that's a good one-- me, too on that one-- plus the no sugar--

Good one, Tammy!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say hi!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know that your all 4 weeks in, but I just started watching biggest loser and LOVE IT! I even put my kids to bed early so I can watch it. (Don't till them, I still have a year or two before they can till time) :laugh:

I have never seen anyone say "NO you can't join" sooo....

CW: 153
    GW: 125

Challenge:
    I am going to go without my breakfast drink. I have been drinking it for a year. At first it was because I NEVER eat breakfast before and it was better than nothing. But now I feel like real food is the heathier choice. Bonus: It will save money.
    Workout goal:
    This week I will do the elliptical at least 4 day's. (I also do circuit training 5 day's)

Good luck to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,040 Member
    Options
    Morning,:smile:

I will leave the sugar off of my cereal in the mornings, and we will take it from there.

Can anyone think of a good method to stop bickering children in the morning - they are doing my head in!!! On a plus side I have lost a pound since I last weighed. Not feeling to great here today, have a head cold and feel really yucky, so didn't exercise yesterday (and feel guilty about that), but did do over an hours walking.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team and good luck w/today's weigh in.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Great challenge Andrew, Im going to have to think about it today and decide what I will giving up for the week. There isnt much with my eating habits I can give up because I really do eat the way I should unless its a special occasion. However, I have come to hate the elliptical, so maybe I will do that this week? I dont know if it would be a good trade-off though, because I do burn just as many calories when I do a good workout on the treadmill with inclines. We'll see and I will let you know.

Thank you everyone for your hugs and kind words and encouragment about the problems with my BFF. I really appreciate it and it does make me feel better and give me hope. I still havent spoken to her, and honestly dont believe we will? It's a little to personal to get into on here about what happened, but it was big. Someone asked (sorry I forgot who) if she lived close to me before she moved to Kansas. Yes, she did. She lived with me for 6 mos before she moved in Nov. She has been a part of my family and my kids grew up with her in their life. She had lived in Kentucky by my family for about 3 1/2 years before coming here in Nov., and before that she was my roommate for around 5 yrs. Shes been a huge part of mine and my boys' life.

Amanda!:heart: Its so good to see you stop in and say hi. I hope your doing ok and that things with precious Emmy are well.:flowerforyou:

Tanya-- Im sorry I dont have any real good advice for you with the bickering kids. Mine are older now, but I do remember that what I used to do when they got that way as tots was I would tell them thats it. They are not to speak to each other at all. Nothing. Not one word, not one look in the others direction. That usually worked because after a few hours they missed playing together so much they were begging me to let them play together!:laugh: Good luck:flowerforyou:

Beth & Andrew-- That is wonderful news! You guys are going to be our resident celebrities!! We are so proud of you:heart: (Try not to be nervous Beth, you have done an amazing thing...BE PROUD!!:flowerforyou: )

Jeannie-- Hope your feeling better sweet lady:flowerforyou:

Jennplus2-- Welcome!:smile: You are going to love being a part of this group. I promise.:flowerforyou:

I know I've forgotten some things and I apologize. I usually keep notes on who I need to reply to but I didnt this morning:blushing: So hello to everyone else...and big hugs to all for a great weigh in this morning!:heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Good challenge Andrew. I have to think too about what I will do. When I'm on with my eating, I'm on. I already sort of self restricted the sugar, like Marla, was working on moderation but it was getting a little out of hand, so I pulled it back in. (Marla- I thought everybody knew Munchins- I always knew them as a Dunkin Donuts trademark kinda thing.)

I really don't want to get on the scale. TOM is due. Today. Please. Marla and Beansy's talk of the 'P' word made me nervous. LOL.

Need to go for groceries. Deciding on the gym or not. I usually don't even think about it, I just go, but today I'm actually contemplating skipping it. I need to get a routine on paper. That is a goal for this week.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge Andrew! I'm giving up Squats!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll have to think about that one....I like Tammy's idea of no snacking after dinner..

Nice to hear from you Amanda.

Jeannie- hope you are felling well.
    Have a great day everyone:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Good challenge Andrew. I have to think too about what I will do. When I'm on with my eating, I'm on. I already sort of self restricted the sugar, like Marla, was working on moderation but it was getting a little out of hand, so I pulled it back in. (Marla- I thought everybody knew Munchins- I always knew them as a Dunkin Donuts trademark kinda thing.)

I really don't want to get on the scale. TOM is due. Today. Please. Marla and Beansy's talk of the 'P' word made me nervous. LOL.

Need to go for groceries. Deciding on the gym or not. I usually don't even think about it, I just go, but today I'm actually contemplating skipping it. I need to get a routine on paper. That is a goal for this week.

I'll hold your hand at the store while you buy the test. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Roni - I'm so sorry you're having problems with you BFF. Those we love the most can hurt us the deepest. *hugs*

Andrew - Be safe in NY! Thanks for the challenge!

Marla - My grocery store sells cheap whole wheat bread right next to the cheap white bread. It still has the HFCS in it, but it works in a pinch! I hope you can find some cheap wheat.

Howdy do to everyone else! :flowerforyou:

My weigh-in today was fantabulous! :smooched: I need to keep it going!

I used this past week to get my eating under control without any exercise calories & it worked wonderfully. Now, I'll have to get my butt back into exercising gear! Woot!

Hmmmm...think think think....what to give up. I will give up putting sugar/honey/molasses in my tea. I can't promise every cup will be sugar free, but at least half. Yeah....half. :wink:
  • Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Go team go! I have been very good about my eating and exercise but not my logging... I will be better this week!
    Have a great week everyone.
    Doreen
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I am giving up eating out for lunch for the next week...even though I make healthy choices...it still costs me a lot in sodium and in cash...:sad:

Also...over the next seven days...I WILL do cardio at least 4 of those!!! :drinker:

Good luck to everyone!!! :heart:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Roni-I hope all goes well with your BFF.

Andrew- I love, love, love Pizza and chocolate.

My weigh in wasn't great, but wasn't bad. After not exercising for 5 days and not eating healthy I didn't gain a pound. Praises!!!!
    So, this week I must, I must, I must exercise...no not increase my bust...lol

Have a great week my Black Team peeps,

~Jan
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the well wishes

and the truck that ran over my body :laugh: I have lost 2 pounds....:tongue: I am not changing the ticker because I know it is due to the bug...........but it did make me:ohwell: this morning.

I will catch up on everyone when I feel better.

Oh and I am challenging myself to eat 1st thing in the morning. I had forgotten this..........and was pushing back to 10-11 am for first food. Being sick and taking meds I HAD to eat something before taking the pills......choked it down but had to.

So, I will eat 200 calories within 1 hour of waking up.:flowerforyou:

Edit to add: I will cut my computer use down to 1 hour per day. Start with BT thread, Proud thread then FB. Set timer on computer and off after one hour. Period. Then go for a walk if I need to.
    I have been really stuck to this screen and although the encouragement is awesome............the time typing and reading is killing my neck and taking time from working out.

:flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Team! Getting ready to head to my wellness screening. In order to keep my health insurance rates the same I have to participate in this screening. They're checking my b/p, my bmi, doing a blood draw for a bunch of tests and then a survey. I'm kind of excited. Does that make me sick in the head? :laugh:

Will have to think about the challenge. For a brief moment I thought about giving up the stairs, but the thought of plummeting on the elevator is too scary. :laugh: And, though I may :grumble: as I'm climbing them, secretly I :heart: them.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    hey everyone I am gonna send my weights to Andrew as I said I wasnt going to, I think its for the best and yes I am up like 6 pounds but let me give myself a break I just lost my dad for goodness sakes.

I am going back to work tomorrow...I need to...I know I will cry or everyone else will cry and I will just talk...I think I am cried out.. But all in all I am doing pretty welll...I think...

I told my husband I had to give up something this week and he said MY SCALE is he crazy or lost his ever loving mind....

ok here we go, gonna change my ticker and get back on it. I have been on it, but ready to be held accountable..

I think I am gonna ride to work with my hubby or ride around with my hubby...

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning team...No change for me this week but I wasn't expecting it with TOM here. I laid back down this morning after youngest went to school so gotta get busy typing. Oldest is home sick, actually sick, not just sick of school:laugh: Hope you all have a great weigh-in and a happy day.