Black Team Challenge week 4!

Options

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually plan my meals around them.....how awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will eat less calories in my main course just so I can have yummy salty, cheesy Doritos!!!! It is just awful!!!! And some days, I go for the TGIFridays potato skins which have 265 calories in the bag!!!!!! THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! But, I love them.....so, goodbye chips for the week......
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    bump to all! Crazy day...will check in later.

:heart: :heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually plan my meals around them.....how awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will eat less calories in my main course just so I can have yummy salty, cheesy Doritos!!!! It is just awful!!!! And some days, I go for the TGIFridays potato skins which have 265 calories in the bag!!!!!! THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! But, I love them.....so, goodbye chips for the week......

OH EM GEE! Those damn potato skins were a SERIOUS issue when I was pregnant with my first son. They were the only thing in the vending machine at work that I liked. Sooooo yummy. Step away from the chips!

Bobbi - you're welcome. :heart:

Shuntae - That pudding is tasty! If you can step away from the diet sodas, you can step away from the diet puddings. You can do anything, lady! *hugs*

Beth - Hope the fresh air knocked A down! Mine is finally asleep...and I couldn't be more thirlled. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Yes I'm sure I'm not. If I was and ate like that I would be a whale by the end of 9 months.

The mental thing is soooo huge. Yesterday I didn't care. I don't know why I didn't, but I didn't. I wasn't stressed. I wasn't grumpy anymore. I wasn't anything. I just wasn't caring about any of it. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to deal with it. I felt like a little kid when they whine 'I don't wanna'.

Today my head is back in the game. I burned 720 at the gym, another 210 taking the dog for a walk. I have eaten well and will finish the day that way cause that's who I am and what I do. I'm not sure who that person was yesterday. She shows up uninvited every once in a while.

Lori - I know that person. She showed up for a couple months at my house. She's a *****.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Yes I'm sure I'm not. If I was and ate like that I would be a whale by the end of 9 months.

The mental thing is soooo huge. Yesterday I didn't care. I don't know why I didn't, but I didn't. I wasn't stressed. I wasn't grumpy anymore. I wasn't anything. I just wasn't caring about any of it. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to deal with it. I felt like a little kid when they whine 'I don't wanna'.

Today my head is back in the game. I burned 720 at the gym, another 210 taking the dog for a walk. I have eaten well and will finish the day that way cause that's who I am and what I do. I'm not sure who that person was yesterday. She shows up uninvited every once in a while.

Lori - I know that person. She showed up for a couple months at my house. She's a *****.

Tell me bout it!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I tried my dress on again after my shower today. I got it zipped. It's more what I thought, it's just really hard to zip under my arm by myself, however, it's by no means loose. In fact I tried it on without a bra and I think I could be ok wearing it without- something I never do! It's tight enough, stuff isn't moving.... other than to fall out maybe. :noway: The band underneath isn't gonna let anything 'fall'.
    IMG_0720.jpg?t=1264708797
    (Side Note: Of course me being me instantly looks at the pic and picks out all the stuff I don't like about my body in this picture. For real, how do I get past that? It's so rare to look at a pic and think, 'Hey, I look pretty good.' I went back and looked at our pics from the ball in '08. Huge difference. Why can't my brain register that? Why? I would post it but can't seem to locate the digital copy.)

Anyway, the dress in question was on and zipped. I worried for a brief second whether I would be able to unzip it, but it was a piece of cake. Don't think I still wont keep my eyes open for other dresses that fit my criteria. I likey shopping. I likey lots. LOL
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    love the dress lori! it looks amazing on you!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Wow Lori, you look amazing. I also do that with pictures, look at them and pick out my bad bits!

I am going to say goodnight all, and hope that everyone had/has a good day, xx
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    wow is right Lori! It looks amazing and very flattering on you. By May it will be loose on you!

p.s. I don't miss those balls!:wink:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Lori you pictures looks amazing,,

Just ate 3.5 cups of cereal for dinner i was crazing it so much and was either weigh it out and log it or just eat the whowl gosh darn box!!!

So I good, only went over by like 4 carbs, so I will take it,gotte go to bed early tonight gotta be up at 3 for work at 530..Hope everyone has a great day

And guess what today so many people told me how beatiful my smile was guess I did alright, there was a select few of them I let know that I had just lost my father!!

Ok everyone off to take a bath I am freezing and snow is moving in tonight.....great...dh has to go to ga this weekend and get last of dads stuff from his house!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Thanks guys. My headless picture of a dress with tags still on it. :laugh:

Donna- I would be thrilled if that dress was loose by May. I've sort of been at a standstill since last May so, well see. I don't mind the balls. It's somewhat fun to get dressed up every now and then. This ball is the EOD Memorial Ball, so they honor the EOD troops from all service branches who were KIA the previous year. It's pretty big since it's all branches of service. Also somewhat heartbreaking to sit through. The video set to Tim McGraw's 'If You're Reading This' was so freaking hard to get through, it showed pictures of all the guys with their family, doing their jobs, etc. I remember sitting through all of it thanking God over and over that my husband was there with me. It left an impression on me. In fact I sometimes go back and read my blog entry from after the ball in 2008. Here it is if anybody is interested:

****Tom and I went to the EOD Memorial Ball Saturday night. EOD stands for Explosive Ordnance Disposal which is the job that Tom does (the crazy guys who safely dispose of bombs and other things that may go boom).

$140 for 2 tickets for the dinner
    $150 for my dress and accessories
    $8 for a beer and the smallest water I've ever seen
    $50 for the babysitter
    $50 for Tom's ribbons for his uniform

The respect I gained for the job of all EOD troops ....... priceless.

So often I don't give a lot of thought to the job that Tom does, I think it's easier that way. I am very thankful that I was able to go to the ball, it was an enlightening experience. There were about 1200 people in attendance, at least half of those were EOD troops. I have an awesome amount of respect for the work they do and their true dedication to our country. People always tell me that EOD guys are a breed of their own, yes I imagine they are, it takes a special person to do the job they do. They do their job because it's what they love, they know the risks, yet accept them without hesitation.

Every year at Eglin (the base we are at now) there is a huge fundraising weekend with an auction and a ball. There is also a ceremony to honor of all the EOD troops who died in the line of duty over the past year, their names are put on a Memorial Wall, the wall stands outside the EOD school where Tom works. Seventeen names were added this year.

I figured it would be a stuffy dinner and some boring speakers and that would be our evening. To a degree I was right, but it was also more than that. Of the 17 names that were added to the wall, most of the families of the fallen were there. The majority of those killed were young, a lot of young wives were there, one had her 4 year old daughter with her, it was heartbreaking to think that little girl would never know her dad. There were also several people there who were wounded in the line of duty last year. One young girl lost both her arms, another lost one of his arms and the sight in both of his eyes. One of Tom's troops that was with him last year in Afghanistan lost his leg and is still at Walter Reed in rehab but was able to attend the weekend's events. It was a very sobering experience. You look at these families and wounded and realize that they paid the ultimate sacrifice fighting for their country, their lives will be changed forever.

Several times throughout the course of the night I kept thinking how thankful I was that Tom has gone to Afghanistan twice and come back the same way he left, but the more I thought about it, did he really come back the same person? How could you? How could you live with bombs falling around you, watching fellow troops get injured, hearing the news that somebody you knew was killed, living with the unknown of what may happen the next day and come back the same person who left? I always knew MIA was Missing in Action, POW was Prisoner of War, I now have the chilling knowledge that KIA stands for Killed in Action and you can't help but pray that you never hear those letters used to describe somebody you know.

It is a great honor to say that I am the wife of an EOD troop. I am so proud of Tom for the work he does. I know how important the military is to him and I have nothing but respect for the dedication he has to the United States of America.

Regardless of our feelings toward the war, we all have to support and remember the thousands of Americans who are making sacrifices to fight for our country to ensure that we continue to live with the freedom that we so often take for granted.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Lori - Love the dress. Amazing. Unfortunately, I do the same thing. We just had family photos taken. I pick them up tomorrow. I've lost 30lbs. I am not fat. How can I see fat when I look at them?:noway:

Tanya - LOL at your post b/c I misread bits for something else ending in its. :laugh: :embarassed:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    (((Tamara)))

Lori - :cry: God Bless!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Lori...Love the dress. You got a really good deal on that one! I enjoyed reading your post about the ball. It makes you stop and think and be thankful for everything we have in America.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening all...Had a busy day typing today. I took on some extra work in preparation for my hubby to be out with his upcoming knee surgery. He goes for partial knee replacement on Feb. 10 so I am getting a little nervous. Trying a new chicken broccoli casserole tonight for dinner, will let you know how it goes. Kinda stuck on my weight loss this week. Going to the gym after dinner. Maybe things will move again next week. Patience is not my strong point.:grumble: See ya'll tomorrow.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Lori, The dress looks amazing on you!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Lori-- That dress looks fantastic on you! Its really beautiful. Thank you for sharing your blog with us about the last ball. It brought tears to my eyes. It really makes you stop and think of all the sacrifices people like your husband make for our country every day. Thank God for people like him:heart: And God bless the strong women like you who are married to them. I honestly dont know how you handle it. The fear you must live with just overwhelms me. :cry:

Well, Im off to get dinner going. I have some kids telling me how hungry they are!:ohwell:

Have a good evening Black Team:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- I love the dress. I tried on a dress similar to that in November when I bought mine for Sarah's banquet, and really liked it-- however, the cleavage area, which I thought looked H-O-T, and hubs would have loved, I had to reconsider because of my daughters. While hubs on one hand would have loved how it looked on me, I knew on the other hand would have had a bird that I'm dressing "sexy" when I'm teaching my daughters to be "modest."

I love, love, love your dress-- some day when my girls are all grown, my inner vamp will be set free. :wink:

We're always too critical of ourselves-- but, I think you look wonderful, truly.

Crazy day-- calories are great. Challenge is hitting the mark-- thanks, again, Andrew.

Exercise not so much past couple of days. TOM is beating the heck out of my energy level. Plus it's windy and cold, and I'm just feeling too darn faggy to battle it these days. I'll get down to do some turbo, though, later--

Just got home from a basketball game-- need to fix supper for the troops.

Later, my team!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey guys!

Sorry it took so long for me to pull it together. Sleep is coming at a premium right now. Anyway, Great job this week!

MFPweek3.jpg