Whats wrong with Subway?

Options

Replies

• CronaPiko
    Options
    i love subway
    i can't cook and i am still looking for a job so more then half the time, i'm limited to what i can chose that my mother will let me chose from..
    subway is not bad at all for health, it just depends on what you get.
    i get the 9-grain wheat bread, 6 inch, the turkey, and veggies, i don't add any cheese, sause

i know it's tempting but i always avoid the soda and cookies.
    i always drink water in fact it's all i drink.

so yeah if you eat right, subway can be good, just keep in mind your carb count if you want to be low on carbs for the rest of the day.
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think that Subway is good for just what it is, fast food. If you are in a hurry and it is a choice between Subway and McDonalds...Subway is the better option, in my opinion. However, when you compare it with what you can make at home w/better quality ingredients....you are better off fixing something at home....I am usually rushed and don't make meals every single day and usually eat Subway once a week.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a pinch and have to eat out I'll grab a double meat grilled chicken breast salad... its edible and the macros and sodium are within acceptible ranges to fit into my daily plan... Overall, like most fast food, Subway is salt ridden and less than fresh and I greatly prefer eating what I make...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think that Subway is good for just what it is, fast food. If you are in a hurry and it is a choice between Subway and McDonalds...Subway is the better option, in my opinion. However, when you compare it with what you can make at home w/better quality ingredients....you are better off fixing something at home....I am usually rushed and don't make meals every single day and usually eat Subway once a week.

I can't make bread though. I want to learn to bake sub sandwich bread! That would be cool. I would add sesame seeds and hemp seeds to the crust!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    In Tosca Reno's Eating Clean book she says to stay away from the Tuna sandwich. She recommends the turkey breast and ham
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Processed meats. Okay once in a while, but not good to eat as a diet staple.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The bread always makes my sugar go high.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with it. People need to just shut up and eat.
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/06/12/food-babe-investigates-is-subway-real-food/

There's your Subway.

Do I still eat there? Yes, but I probably shouldn't if I'm trying to really be healthy. Usually I end up there when I get the feeling I've not had enough vegetables in my life. :-)
    Oh man, that makes me want to barf.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I see nothing worng with eating subway. Its a good option for many people!

Personally I would rather make my own, because I make better sandwiches :D
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    There's nothing healthy about Subway. It's like a McDonalds salad.
    The breads themselves are over 700 for a footlong, and the meats and cheeses have preservatives. You're better off buying some fresh bread at the market, some fresh meats and veggies, and making your own. Cheaper, too.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Personally I've just never been a fan of subway. I don't think the value for my dollar is very good there, I feel like they skimp on the good stuff. If I want a sandwhich (and yes, I do like to enjoy a nice sandwhich from time to time), subway is the last place I'd spend my money.
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would eat there more often if they had gluten free bread but they don't (sigh) so I eat there sometimes for the salad. It's a doable meal when I'm out and about. I can pick exactly what I want and stay within my calorie range.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The level of sodium in a lot of their stuff turns me off ....

^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Any diet that recommends that your intake be 55/30/15 is retarded.

Are you serious?! It's 2012 and you are still using the R word?!?

THANK YOU!!
  • WeatherGirl88
    WeatherGirl88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love their veggie subs! With lots of mayo, though, unfortunately! ^_^' I've always wondered a bit why people are so harsh on them. You definitely *can* eat healthy there if you want.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Speaking of Subway, I just had a 6in Turkey 8 Black Forest Ham w/ spinach and a little honey mustard.
    No regrets, it tasted great.

I mean I don't eat it everyday.
    Only on days I'm out with my mom and there's not many healthier choices.
    Cheeseburger or a tasty sub.....I go with the sub.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm british and so therefore not used to what americans call "bread"- over processed, soggy sweet thing. Therefore I tried subway once and thought it was disgusting. I recently needed food at a train station and subway was the only thing open. I bought one and ate the inside as the outside was so disgusting.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My stance is: Why pay somebody else to do what I can do better myself and for less money?
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    their bread is HORRIBLE. why do they use such substandard bread? and their meats are school cafeteria quality.

there are so many decent sub/sandwich places around i dont understand why anyone would go to subway.

they do have fantastic marketing.

yup