Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options
    Halloween which I watch on TV when I was way too young and home alone. I have pretty much gotten over it now, but the theme music still sends chills down my spine.
  • lesliesmmmacres
    Options
    I agree, Faces of Death made me sick to my stomach for weeks...and now that I read your post, I got a little ache.....
    The scenes were more disturbing than any "movie" with fake blood and gore.... ishy
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Sinister!

I am a horror movie fanatic so I'm used to scary, disturbing things. Saw movies don't phase me. But for whatever reason, I had to look away at many parts of this movie. Very well made!!!

i was disappointed with sinister.. it was a jumper... the plot and story was formulaic.. nothing new or special.. if i hadn't seen it in the theater.. it wouldn't have been fun.. glad i did.. the jump scenes were fun.. like going to a haunted house.. but at home it would have been just another lame predictable horror movie.

I do agree that it is slightly predictable, but that lawn mower scene...Ohhh lawd I will flash on that every time I mow the lawn. I can't get the image out of my head and it doesn't even really show the actual murder!
  • mrtoaster
    mrtoaster Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't know about scarred me for life, but 2 films stand out in the creep out factors

The Medusa Touch. It's a old fairly obscure Richard Burton film, which freaked me out as a kid and the sound of the EEG at the end still makes my hair stand on end. - if you liked the original Omen then you'll love this.

The original version of The Grudge. It was the 1st time I'd watched a forigein horror film. I had to have a 10 minute break half way through because it was so tense. I'm guessing it partially due having to concentrate on the film reading the subtitles, it draws you into the story more and it was just damn creepy.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    It. Nuff said.

"They all float down here!"

That IS a freaky movie, but my scariest is Halloween!! "MICHAEL!"
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid now but when my brother and I were little, we lived on a lake with our mom. It was On a huge wooded hill and cabin style, with wood support beams across the ceiling and all the whole side of the house facing the lake was windows.

Blair Witch Project came out and my mom, brother and I snuggled up to watch it. Bad idea for two kids in elementary/middle school in a cabin house, on a pitch black wooded lot.

I'm pretty sure my mom was afraid that night too as she turned on every light in the house and let us sleep in her bed.

i was disappointed with this one too.. we all thought it was real when it came out.. and when i found out it was fake, i was like.. why didn't they make it scarier??? now they are doing all these movies like it and making it scarier.. but they still all kinda suck.. do i hear a foghorn?? BOOOO-RRRINNNGGG

the second one was actually pretty good..

I think the game Slender is scarier then the movies!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It. Nuff said.

Agreed.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    A serbian movie and the first few minutes of cube(zero)
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede.

Even the title brings back a flood of fear, disgust, and disturbing images!!!!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Mars Attacks. I never forgot those damn aliens.

Eww gosh yes, I've never watched that a second time and it's chock full of some of my favorite actors.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Also (call me silly) but Child's Play.

I watched that movie for the first time when I was 5. It's had a lasting impact on me, I've been slightly afraid of dolls ever since.

That Christmas, my grandma gave me a doll that was supposed to look like me. It immediately got buried in the back of my mom's closet (no way was I going to put it in mine lol)...Pretty sure it's still there, too.

childs play was a classic! i hope they don't screw up the new one they are making like they did with nightmare on elm street.. lucky they got brad doruff to do the voice again.. he did all the chucky films.. at least that's good!

Holy Dolls Alive!! they are remaking a new one? imma try to watch it n hopefully i wont cry and call my momma. lol

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I had NO idea they were making another one. Is it a continuation of the story (so after "Seed of Chucky" or is it a remake?!?! There's no doubt I'll be seeing it. Sure, it creeps me the F out, but that's the goal!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the 1970's at a drive-in with my boyfriend (now husband). At a really scary part someone was running through the rows beating on the trunks of the cars and scaring people to death, me included. I screamed so loud! I guess he thought it was really funny. Looking back I'm sure it was.

i know that movie kinda started the slasher genre.. so it was a new kind of scary for many people.. i imagine someone doing that to people would just give people heart attacks!! i think it's pretty funny.. but then again.. i'm morbid.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Scream movies. Yes.... I said it. Scream. The mask freaks the living **** out of my to this day.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Human Centipede? Come on, that movie was hilarious!

Eating Raoul, mostly because I was only like 6 when it came out and I shouldn't have watched it.

Maybe also Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. That movie scarred me for life.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    A movie called "feed" it was about a guy who had big girl fetishes and he used to feed them til they died... and people use to watch online.. I believe these things always derive from some sort of truth.. Totally sick!!

I've been meaning to watch that movie..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Don't know about scarred me for life, but 2 films stand out in the creep out factors

The Medusa Touch. It's a old fairly obscure Richard Burton film, which freaked me out as a kid and the sound of the EEG at the end still makes my hair stand on end. - if you liked the original Omen then you'll love this.

The original version of The Grudge. It was the 1st time I'd watched a forigein horror film. I had to have a 10 minute break half way through because it was so tense. I'm guessing it partially due having to concentrate on the film reading the subtitles, it draws you into the story more and it was just damn creepy.

Ooh, forgot about the Omen, that's a good one.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Sinister!

I am a horror movie fanatic so I'm used to scary, disturbing things. Saw movies don't phase me. But for whatever reason, I had to look away at many parts of this movie. Very well made!!!

i was disappointed with sinister.. it was a jumper... the plot and story was formulaic.. nothing new or special.. if i hadn't seen it in the theater.. it wouldn't have been fun.. glad i did.. the jump scenes were fun.. like going to a haunted house.. but at home it would have been just another lame predictable horror movie.

I do agree that it is slightly predictable, but that lawn mower scene...Ohhh lawd I will flash on that every time I mow the lawn. I can't get the image out of my head and it doesn't even really show the actual murder!

yeah, it'd cost more if they did! they used all the money on the boogy man's makeup!
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Silence of the lamb and IT :frown: :frown:
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I saw Poltergeist at way too young an age (it came out when I was 8). Even the thought of watching it now makes me feel nauseous, and I used to dread waking up during slumber parties to find the TV still on and the channel off the air for the night.

eta: This is coming from someone who grew up watching movies like The Thing, C.H.U.D., etc. So it's not scary movies in general, just that particular one. lol