Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Replies

• Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Child's Play. Chucky still creeps me out!!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Also (call me silly) but Child's Play.

I watched that movie for the first time when I was 5. It's had a lasting impact on me, I've been slightly afraid of dolls ever since.

That Christmas, my grandma gave me a doll that was supposed to look like me. It immediately got buried in the back of my mom's closet (no way was I going to put it in mine lol)...Pretty sure it's still there, too.

childs play was a classic! i hope they don't screw up the new one they are making like they did with nightmare on elm street.. lucky they got brad doruff to do the voice again.. he did all the chucky films.. at least that's good!
  • Crookey21

I watched that movie for the first time when I was 5. It's had a lasting impact on me, I've been slightly afraid of dolls ever since.

That Christmas, my grandma gave me a doll that was supposed to look like me. It immediately got buried in the back of my mom's closet (no way was I going to put it in mine lol)...Pretty sure it's still there, too.

somebody at work told me the same story!!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    The 1970s, full bush, birthing video shown in health class.
  • kimcalica
    Takes quite a lot for a horror film to disturb me, I started watching them when I was way too young (and they really did scare me back then), but I guess they just don't get to me anymore.

However 2 that really stick in my mind as hard to watch are Nekromantik, which was somewhere between disturbing and oddly hilarious. And also Cannibal Holocaust. Not the cannibalism parts, the animal killings. I literally cannot watch one of those scenes, and I'm sure I would have seen my lunch again had I not turned it off when I first watched it.
    Martyrs was also fairly disturbing, and one of the best horrors of the last 10 years. It wasn't on the same level as those other 2 though.
    Aside from that, there are a few random scenes in otherwise non-disturbing movies that get to me, but I can handle pretty much anything else I've seen.

you and i are in the same boat.. i did watch anticrist recently, and it did make me twitch and flench.. but nothing keeping me up at night.. i've gone to dramas to disturb me. they can be equally disturbing..
  • Crookey21

childs play was a classic! i hope they don't screw up the new one they are making like they did with nightmare on elm street.. lucky they got brad doruff to do the voice again.. he did all the chucky films.. at least that's good!

Holy Dolls Alive!! they are remaking a new one? imma try to watch it n hopefully i wont cry and call my momma. lol
  • The Sixth Sense and Stir of Echos...they're not scary, but I LOVE to watch them when I'm all by myself, with all the lights turned out.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    The Sixth Sense. And this is coming from someone who has seen every so called "scary movie" out there. This is the only one that ever got to me.
  • Agreed on "Event Horizon" ...very disturbing

"Black Hawk Down" ...this movie really bothered me

For those who remember the X Files - episode "Home" about a clan of inbreds...most disturbing tv show ever.
  • kimcalica
    Trainspotting

trainspotting was too real for me... i wasn't ready for that one when i watched it.. maybe now but then.. it just destroyed my little psyche..

That dead baby. That scared the crap out of me. Still does.
    [/quote]

just the idea of forgetting a baby and letting it die was horrifying to me.. and i didn't understand the kind of effect drugs had on people yet.. in my ignorance i was baffled.. and terrified.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    "Fantasia" Yes, the Disney film, watched when I was 5 or 6, those brooms coming to life gave me nightmares, they still are in the fringes of some of my nightmares.

I don't watch scary movies, period. Mostly due to my mom falling asleep w/the tv on and me sitting down in front of it when I got up to p as a kid. Old BW "Dracula" films, the end of "Rosemary's Baby," "The Hand," etc...*shudder*

Never seen most of the films in this post...Except "IT" perhaps because I was on commercial tv, it (ha!) didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would.
  • kimcalica
    Hellraiser....my dad made me watch it when I was 3, and Pinhead (who I still call Mr. Mask) still terrifies me to this day.....

The other movie is The Hills Have Eyes...that movie just scared the flying *kitten* out of me. Thinking about it gives me nightmares.

i really liked the first hellraiser but wtf is up with all the others? the stories are all weird and not at all like the first.. I guess i just like the more classically told tales..
  • kimcalica
    "Fantasia" Yes, the Disney film, watched when I was 5 or 6, those brooms coming to life gave me nightmares, they still are in the fringes of some of my nightmares.

I don't watch scary movies, period. Mostly due to my mom falling asleep w/the tv on and me sitting down in front of it when I got up to p as a kid. Old BW "Dracula" films, the end of "Rosemary's Baby," "The Hand," etc...*shudder*

Never seen the films in this post...Except "IT" perhaps because I was on commercial tv, it (ha!) didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would.

rosemary's baby is one of my favorite films.. it has the best atmosphere!
  • Heavenly Creatures...it's based on a true story. It isnt' scary, but what they did was highly disturbing given that it really happened.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Another movie that freaks me out is the Evil Dead epecially the freaky scene where the chick get's raped by the trees, or the card scene ahh.
  • StinkyWinkies

Never seen the films in this post...Except "IT" perhaps because I was on commercial tv, it (ha!) didn't freak me out as much as I thought it would.

rosemary's baby is one of my favorite films.. it has the best atmosphere!

Eek! I never tell anyone, ever, that their kid/s have their eyes..."He has his fathers eyes" *gak* repeated over and over...or perhaps just in my head.
  • kimcalica
    I'm not afraid now but when my brother and I were little, we lived on a lake with our mom. It was On a huge wooded hill and cabin style, with wood support beams across the ceiling and all the whole side of the house facing the lake was windows.

Blair Witch Project came out and my mom, brother and I snuggled up to watch it. Bad idea for two kids in elementary/middle school in a cabin house, on a pitch black wooded lot.

I'm pretty sure my mom was afraid that night too as she turned on every light in the house and let us sleep in her bed.

i was disappointed with this one too.. we all thought it was real when it came out.. and when i found out it was fake, i was like.. why didn't they make it scarier??? now they are doing all these movies like it and making it scarier.. but they still all kinda suck.. do i hear a foghorn?? BOOOO-RRRINNNGGG

the second one was actually pretty good..
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I still wake up at 3am. Look at the clock and say "fu-k........."

OK another I have tried to forget....and I do the SAME thing lol
    For like a solid month I was waking up at 3am....and freaking myself the fu-k out!

*shudder* Yup..
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    If we are talking freaky Disney stuff then "Pink Elephants on Parade' in Dumbo is one have to fast forward through every time.
  • StinkyWinkies
    Heavenly Creatures...it's based on a true story. It isnt' scary, but what they did was highly disturbing given that it really happened.

Agreed. Is one of the very few "true story" movies I've watched and, er...*liked*