Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I still wake up at 3am. Look at the clock and say "fu-k........."

OK another I have tried to forget....and I do the SAME thing lol
    For like a solid month I was waking up at 3am....and freaking myself the fu-k out!

^^ Ahh me too!! And how creepy would it be to wake up to someone all twisted in the middle of the bedroom like that!! *Shudders*
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Children of the Corn

I live where Corn is grown and I walk by the fields thinking the freaky kids will come out.....

he who walks behind the rows says to kill all the grownups!!! INTERLOPER!!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Only one movie has ever scared me for life............THE EXORCIST!!!!
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Ditched. :noway:
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    IT.

parts 1 and 2.

my babysitter let me watch them when i was 7. she was fired soon after that when my mom realized i was scared to bathe.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    The one I found of my Mum n Dad - that **** stays with me like luggage

sick sick film!

lmao.. i thought you were talking about the film "mum and dad" it's an actual movie.. lmao

and it's surprisingly about airport luggage!!! lmfao

Lol well there was certainly no airport in this one
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    IT and Nightmare on Elm street the original. I was really young when I watch both and the thought of them still bother me. I am sure if I watched them now as adult it would be stupid but not going to risk it.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    The Hitcher (original version).

Bad Lieutenant (1992 NC-17 version).

28 Days Later

Trainspotting

trainspotting was too real for me... i wasn't ready for that one when i watched it.. maybe now but then.. it just destroyed my little psyche..
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hellraiser....my dad made me watch it when I was 3, and Pinhead (who I still call Mr. Mask) still terrifies me to this day.....

The other movie is The Hills Have Eyes...that movie just scared the flying *kitten* out of me. Thinking about it gives me nightmares.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    When I was younger it was "Clowns from out of space" just too creepy...

Later the 6th sence and only because my 2yr old at the time when the movie came out had an "imaginary friend" and it creeped me out one day when he came to me with a sad face and I asked him what was wrong he said his friend didnt like him. At first I cracked up cuz how messed up is it to make up a friend and he/she not like you then the movie came into play.....
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There are two that I still think about after many years.

Monkey Shines
    Pet Semetary

I was in my teens and watched both with my mom.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Home Movie...I watched it over the weekend. It was about these twins (boy & girl) probably around the age of 9/10 y/o. Basically it was is home video footage of a seemingly happy family. It starts out all happy go lucky, till the parents find out their twins are sociopaths! It was like a train wreck and I kept watching....Anyhow, there's one part that they're driving somewhere and the twins are in the backseat talking in some weird language. The mom chides them and the dad is like "Oh it's no big deal". Uh, okay buddy.

The one that REALLY freaked me out was "Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer" - yea that *kitten* scarred me for life! The movie is supposedly (loosely) based on the life of Henry Lee Lucas.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    All I ever watch is horror movies. All different kinds of horror movies. From Indy to foreign to super obscure. So it's really hard for me to find a movie that gets me going. The Exorcist has to be one film that freaks me out and disturbs me. Also, Martyrs. Martyrs is a french film that I adore. It is disturbing, but it's a movie that always makes me say wow at the end.

Martyrs!! Bump!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Trainspotting

trainspotting was too real for me... i wasn't ready for that one when i watched it.. maybe now but then.. it just destroyed my little psyche..
    [/quote]

That dead baby. That scared the crap out of me. Still does.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Takes quite a lot for a horror film to disturb me, I started watching them when I was way too young (and they really did scare me back then), but I guess they just don't get to me anymore.

However 2 that really stick in my mind as hard to watch are Nekromantik, which was somewhere between disturbing and oddly hilarious. And also Cannibal Holocaust. Not the cannibalism parts, the animal killings. I literally cannot watch one of those scenes, and I'm sure I would have seen my lunch again had I not turned it off when I first watched it.
    Martyrs was also fairly disturbing, and one of the best horrors of the last 10 years. It wasn't on the same level as those other 2 though.
    Aside from that, there are a few random scenes in otherwise non-disturbing movies that get to me, but I can handle pretty much anything else I've seen.
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist. :indifferent:
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I love horror movies and watch them almost every weekend :drinker:

The excorcist was the first horror movie I watched and I swear I stayed awake for a week after that. I was freaked!!

As an adult the only ones that have really bothered me are:

Paranormal Activity - I have only seen the 1st first one because it freaked me out so bad. The lady standing over the bed and rocking front to back - holy crap!

The Descent -scary as hell, but an awesome film!

Emily Rose was pretty good also - I also did the 3am wake up thing for awhile.

Love Horror!!!!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Also (call me silly) but Child's Play.

I watched that movie for the first time when I was 5. It's had a lasting impact on me, I've been slightly afraid of dolls ever since.

That Christmas, my grandma gave me a doll that was supposed to look like me. It immediately got buried in the back of my mom's closet (no way was I going to put it in mine lol)...Pretty sure it's still there, too.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Sinister!

I am a horror movie fanatic so I'm used to scary, disturbing things. Saw movies don't phase me. But for whatever reason, I had to look away at many parts of this movie. Very well made!!!

i was disappointed with sinister.. it was a jumper... the plot and story was formulaic.. nothing new or special.. if i hadn't seen it in the theater.. it wouldn't have been fun.. glad i did.. the jump scenes were fun.. like going to a haunted house.. but at home it would have been just another lame predictable horror movie.
  • tammyp10
    tammyp10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pet Semetary!! When Gage was killed and his little shoe was in the highway was bad enuff, but when he came back and started killing people...wow...so much worse!!!