Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    The Strangers. Saw it 5 years ago, and I think I'm still traumatized.

Me too!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nowhere, it, the exorcist

And um
    The Blair witch project

NOWHERE WAS MY FAVORITE MOVIE FOR LIKE 2 YEARS WHEN I WAS 18,19.. lol... i was a weird kid
  • acidglaze
    acidglaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tokyo Gore Police. Not a scary movie, but the imagery in it is not for the feint of heart. I couldn't finish it and that says a lot!
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Child's Play!
    It's ridiculous I know. And When I watch it now it doesn't scare me at all
    But the first time I watched it I was waaay too young...and had doll with red hair...
    I have reoccurring nightmares a couple times a year still...
  • acidglaze
    acidglaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I blame Stephen King for my hatred of scary movies and CLOWNS

it-pennywisewp06.jpg

They all float! They all float down here! And when you're down here, you'll float too!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Natural Born Killers bothered me a lot for some reason...I guess it was the randomness of the murders that makes you realize you could be the victim for no reason at all...

Also, the movie wasn't that bad..but the book "Kiss the Girls" was extremely disturbing to me!

And as kid who grew up swimming in the lake, "Jaws" was life changing (now its so fake its almost humorous to watch, but back in the day, it scared the crap outta me!).
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Event Horizon: One of the scariest films I've ever watched, creeped me out for years....I still can't watch it!

EDIT: Should have added IT - that put me off clowns for life, just thinking about it gives me shivers.

I hated event horizon when i went to see it in like 98' i think it scarred me.. and i haven't watched it since.. lol.. maybe it wouldn't scare me so bad now.. i'm sort of desensitized.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Faces of Death (the whole series). I still feel queasy when I remember some of those scenes, and it has been 18 years or so since I last saw one.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Event Horizon: One of the scariest films I've ever watched, creeped me out for years....I still can't watch it!

EDIT: Should have added IT - that put me off clowns for life, just thinking about it gives me shivers.

omg I watched this movie when I was like 10?? Now it doesn't freak me out as much
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I still wake up at 3am. Look at the clock and say "fu-k........."
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Poltergeist. My boyfriend at the time probably still has my fingerprints on his arm...
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Revolutionary Road. So depressing..

and

7 Pounds. Just as the movie was ending, I got a call from my brother saying a mutual friend had just jumped to his death from a suspension bridge at Cornell. Talk about being horrified.

i don't know the movie but.. that sounds awful.. i'm so sorry!
  • pintlicker
    pintlicker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dumbo and Gorillas in the mist (and no im not kidding)!

EDIT
    Sorry im not pintlicker im his partner (logged in under wrong account)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Two for me.

The first is a Jack the Ripper movie, not even sure if it was titled that or not, but I saw it when I was seven, and had nightmares for a full year.

The second is "It". I've been terrified of clowns since then, and just recently saw a picture of that freaky clown coming out of a storm drain, and realized THAT'S why I can't walk anywhere near manholes/storm drains/anything with a drain. I'm even afraid of my shower drain.
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just watched "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" last night and didn't get it at all. Probably too old (me or the movie).

Event Horizon scared me too.

The worst has to be "Sin City". Not the whole movie, just Elijah Wood. The adorable hobbit I've had a crush on since I was 14 EATING PEOPLE ALIVE. And his victim screaming "He made me waaaatch!". Ugh, shudder, can't take it.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Faces of Death (the whole series). I still feel queasy when I remember some of those scenes, and it has been 18 years or so since I last saw one.

i never got scared watching the real stuff.. no emotion there.. i need a plot to get really scared.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The Shining. Jack scares the FRUCK outta me in that movie.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It has to be battlefield earth because although it's not scary it was the worst thing I have ever seen and is just the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in my life! I mean, humans that can't understand math fly harrier jets! WTF!
  • KeltaRose
    Options
    2 of them, actually - The Fall of the House of Usher - i think it was the first horror movie i had ever seen - still freak out seeing a closet door cracked open... and Pan's Labyrinth - was not prepared for that ending.

Pan's Labyrinth is my #1 favorite movie of all time....
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You guys are giving me some great ideas for movies to watch this weekend! I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE Horror films! :love: