Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• ginandchocolate
    ginandchocolate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wish I could 'unsee' Hostel
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    There will never be another film that will top Kubrick's The Shining. Period. Point blank. End of discussion.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Twister. I was absolutely petrified of tornadoes when I was a kid. Growing up in Texas was tons of fun.

Oh and Se7en. I saw that movie way, way too young. Also, no idea why, but I ran out of the theatre crying when my mom took me to see Curly Sue when I was 4 or 5. Again, no idea why.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Friday the 13th, maybe I was too young but the film, and my mothers scaredy cat reactions were enough to put me off horror films for life. Not seen one in about 32 years!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I hate clowns because of poltergeist, I was 9 when that movie came out and I watched it.

i think this is the case with so many in our generation!!! lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    IT

I still can't watch that movie all the way through.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist. I saw it when I was a kid at the theaters. I ran my azz home the entire way in the dark. Scared the *kitten* right out of me!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I've seen all these movies and quite enjoyed them. None of which scarred me.

The movie that really scarred me though, was Vanilla Sky. Talk about stupid to the nth degree.
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Nightmare on Elm Street. That stuff messed me up pretty good.

I ran into Robert Englund at Dragon Con one year, stood in line for a half hour, just to talk to him for a second. The nightmares stopped after that...
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bambi ... No not really!

I watched Jaws when I was about 7 and was utterly terrified of water for ages after!
    The scene in Green Mile when the execution goes wrong freaked me out completely.

Not a movie but my parents bought me Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds. I was so freaked out I never listened to it again...
  • kimcalica
    Options
    I wish I could 'unsee' Hostel

there is a movie i actively chose to not see because i knew i'd have this opinion of it.. there were like 30 people on a movie site that were huge horror fans that wished they had never laid eyes on it.. the movie is even forbidden to be mentioned on the chat site.. i shouldn't even mention it here.. maybe i won't.. lolz.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Four weddings and a funeral... Al Bundy was right, "Isn't that like five of the same thing?"
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I usually like scary movies and most don't really get to me - have seen IT and the Exorcist too many times to count

When I was first pregnant for my daughter (and any mother can attest to the weird pregnancy dreams ya get) I watched the remake of The Hills have Eyes.....:noway:

I had nightmares for a month! And have refused to watch it since then.......can't even watch previews
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nowhere, it, the exorcist

And um
    The Blair witch project
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Event Horizon: One of the scariest films I've ever watched, creeped me out for years....I still can't watch it!

EDIT: Should have added IT - that put me off clowns for life, just thinking about it gives me shivers.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Best Defense. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

Trilogy of Terror

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

awww man!!! karen black and the little doll with all the teeth?? that was absolutely terrifying!!!!

and killer klowns totally scarred me as a kid.... horrified forever... omg!!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The Last House on the Left, the original. I can't watch it ever again.

that scene.. you know the one... was just too much for me!

I know what scene you're talking about....yea I have NO desire to EVER watch that again
  • WAMarathoner
    Options
    The Exorcist for me, too. I am not a Catholic and don't believe for a second in 'possession'. But I was a teenager, alone in the house. And during one of those scenes where Linda Blair's head is spinning or such, the only lamp in the room suddenly burned out. I have never had the hair on my neck stand up so straight, before or since!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Revolutionary Road. So depressing..

and

7 Pounds. Just as the movie was ending, I got a call from my brother saying a mutual friend had just jumped to his death from a suspension bridge at Cornell. Talk about being horrified.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I blame Stephen King for my hatred of scary movies and CLOWNS

it-pennywisewp06.jpg