Worst Part About Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I also am always freezing!! When I was thin (in my teens and early 20s) I was always cold too so I know it's the loss of all my fluffy insulation. I'm in eastern Canada and don't think I'll survive the winter! LOL

I also concur with the clothing issue. Now when I have an event, I have to shop before hand. I'm stocked up on yoga pants and sweatshirts (I work from home so that's my work uniform LOL). But every few months an "event" comes up and when I haul out what I purchased for the last one it's frumpy! I was a 22 when i started a year ago and am now a 10... so that's a lot of sizes! Luckily my hubby has me on an unlimited clothing budget until I reach goal (only unlimited because he knows I'm very frugal).

The thing I hate the absolute most is that really akward moment when I run into someone I haven't seen in a while. They always always say "you've lost A LOT of weight" i say yes then they say "like A LOT". It's like they think they are telling me something I didn't know. I never know how to respond. I usually go with a "thanks" and try to change the subject... generally they still want to discuss my weight though. So akward!
    You remind me of Phoebe from "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    my boobs look like tube socks / cow udders
    If I can look like you Ill take it lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I'm a guy, I'm not supposed to get excited about clothes. I danced a little jig and was as giddy as a school girl when I dropped a pant size. My plan was to buy new clothes but it happened much sooner than I expected. I'm only half way to goal so now I'm hoping to drop another size. I'm living with baggy pants and am double motivated to get down to the next size. I'm not sure my frame will go that low but we'll see.
    You remind me of Jesus lol <3
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My engagement/wedding bands are too big and it's annoying me. I'm afraid I am going to lose them. Also I do get cold easier than I ever did. It's strange because I was always the "hot" girl. I wore flip flops and sundresses all year long. Not anymore!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    boob shrinkage. 'nough said :grumble:
    I wont have breasts left if I'm not careful and my toosh, I am so scared I won't get my nice round one I had previously. lol. I just want my shape back the way it was!

Not too thrilled with the shrinkage either, but at least my hubby holds to the thought "more than a mouthful is a waste" :laugh:
  • 4strings4him
    Options
    someone should start up a clothes swap for all the people that cant afford new clothes///////////:smile:

That is a fantastic idea! How do we get started on that? Maybe a new forum? People could list their current size and find other users who are getting into the size that they are. I'll start a new thread and see if the ball can get rolling. How cool would it be to be able to give to others like that!?
  • 4strings4him
    Options
    someone should start up a clothes swap for all the people that cant afford new clothes///////////:smile:

That is a fantastic idea! How do we get started on that? Maybe a new forum? People could list their current size and find other users who are getting into the size that they are. I'll start a new thread and see if the ball can get rolling. How cool would it be to be able to give to others like that!?

Well, before starting a new thread, I searched the forums to see if anyone was already doing what was suggested here. There are actually clothing swap groups on here. Just do a search in the groups section on MFP. Best wishes!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

Related in a way. I get smaller clothes. Usually just a teeny bit snug. I'll put them in the closet, forget about them for 3-4 months, then I remember, all excited to finally be able to wear something new a shiny, only to have it be too big now. :grumble:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

You could probably get some of your clothes tailored for less than the cost of new clothes. I plan to do that with some of my favorite items, esp. some of my dresses.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have a new one to add. The other day my favorite client said - "you aren't still on some crazy diet, are you?". Well, I was never on a crazy diet. Maybe he meant it as a compliment, but just because I have lost weight doesn't mean I can just start eating everything in sight.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    new bras... when you have a 34G, you have to get decent ones (and those are expensive).
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Khole02
    Options
    I would say new clothes, and sometimes there are food tempatrions, but I kept some clothes from when I was "skinny" Thank Gosh but sometimes at my local thrift store there are everything for .99 cents! so cute! Michaeel Kors and Banana Rebuplic finds for a dollar. -- can't go wrong!
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    It takes forrrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvver. I've been working out and eating basically perfect for 6 months and I'm only halfway to where I need to be just to still be semi-overweight LOL. It's my own fault but still.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    - being cold all the time
    - being the focus of to much attention/being watched constantly
    - not being able to talk about your lifestyle with people
  • alifaith10
    alifaith10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I run into this problem as well. If you check the Thrift Stores around you for some "temporary" clothes, you'll save a lot of money. And I've found some REALLY cute outfits from the local Thrift Stores. You'd be surprised what you'll find. Just stay confident while you're in the store. You'll find some really ugly clothes, but know that if you just keep searching, you'll find a few things that suit your style perfectly.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    It takes forrrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvver. I've been working out and eating basically perfect for 6 months and I'm only halfway to where I need to be just to still be semi-overweight LOL. It's my own fault but still.

That's an easy one - way I deal with that is to say "hey, it took me 48 years to get this fat - if I get back to my fighting weight in 2 years i've done it incredibly quickly in comparison!" :smile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me is bra shopping. I hate it! The dang things are so expensive, and I don't fit in the "cheap" ones yet. My last bra purchase was $88 for one. This makes me sick, especially since I'll probably only be able to wear the thing for a few months before it is too big. Sigh.

Thankfully my exercise bras still fit, but barely. They are on the tightest setting right now, so I'll have to invest in new ones soon. Sigh.

Quite frankly, if I'm going to spend $88 on an item of clothing it had better be for a swanky dress, or some yummy yarn to knit myself a sweater... not a bra that only my hubby will see. ;-)

Frederick's of Hollywood is pretty cheap, and most of the bras are decent quality. I'm one of the only people I know who lost over 100 pounds and GAINED several cup sizes... 42DD to a 36F, so, no bra shopping in a regular store for me, ever. LMAO, BUT I just got TWO lovely everyday bras at Frederick's for only $31 altogether! They are having a 50% off sale through Monday...

But, to add to the thread, clothes shopping in general kind of sucks. After the initial "holy crap, that FITS?" it's like, "Oh, yeah, but I actually have to spend money on it." I agree, Goodwill can be GREAT, I've gotten nice stuff like L.L. Bean and Old Navy with the tags still on.

My shoe size has also gone down an entire size, and that has been the most frustrating for me, as good quality shoes are just not cheap, and who can say that I won't go down another half size or something before I'm done?

I also had to buy a new coat, and I had just bought a new one last year, but that one was a size 18, and I am now a size 12, and I don't think the hobo chic style is in this year...
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    New clothes, since I haven't reached my goal weight I don't want to buy new ones. So I'm in between sizes right now! Which is a pain.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree about the boobs part - I'm kinda sad to lose the perkiness, and instead have boobs that look like they've been deflated :-/

I still shop for clothes, and fairly often at that. I mainly wait for sales (i.e. Old Navy/Gap, 25% off or better). I work in a clothing store, so when things go on sale, I tend to jump for them. The best strategy I have is to buy sizes a bit more on the snug side, so that I have a longer period in which I can fit them. This is especially true for bottoms, as I am a definite pear shape (14" difference between waist/hips) - I can't get away with a looser waist because the pants will start falling off during a workout!

Even so, there's no way I'd trade these minor annoyances for the amount of endurance, strength, and overall fitness I've gained through losing weight :)