Worst Part About Losing Weight

Options
123457»

Replies

• WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Needing new clothes can be a problem but it's an opportunity to learn something new, I like to sew my old clothing to fit my new size. The only thing I haven't mastered is pants, those are tricky.
    And the being cold easier sucks.
    And me and my best friend like to wrestle eachother and now she has an unfair advantage! I used to weigh more than her so I could just use my weight to my advantage haha not anymore
  • canjorin1
    canjorin1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So true about the clothes...after losing 18 lbs for good( 8 months) I had to let go of my pricey dresses. That was the hardest part of my weight loss journey. I have made my peace with that and would NEVER wear anything more than a 12 ever again.
    I love my pants.. again good quality, so I am having those altered....I do not like cheap clothes.
    Dress barn online actually has good quality stuff, buying off season from J-crew works well too. This Fall Walmart has some good fitting jeans.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Having smaller boobs than when I was in junior high :grumble:
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree about the boobs part - I'm kinda sad to lose the perkiness, and instead have boobs that look like they've been deflated :-/

:sad: Sadly me too.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    I dislike: The cold. Spending a lot of money (I don't have) buying new clothes every month.

And an unusual one, that most women will scoff at: My boobs are NOT shrinking. At ALL. I am a 40F, some shrinkage would sure be nice!
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't mind buying the new clothes (in fact that's an understatement, I love, love love it!) but I do hold myself back because there is no point getting loads (especially key items, or classics) because I am not yet the size I want to be. Currently I am giving most of my bigger stuff to my sister, but she will soon be catching me up (and she is taller than me) so anything not suitable I will probably put on ebay and then buy more smaller stuff!!

I agree about the alterations thing as well, I have just bought a new dress (which I love) for a wedding, and I would pay to get it altered down a dress size as it is lovely and cost quite a bit too so it would be worth it to get more wear out of it.

I really don't have a worst part yet, but I am sort of worried about loose skin, and that I might not get to GW due to the loose skin (not sure if thats likely or not, but it does worry me!)
  • smokaiba
    Options
    wear a belt
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people have to deal with excess skin when they lose a lot of weight but I was wondering what else people have run into and what they've done to get around it.

I actually just ordered a new wedding ring for myself. I just got married in May and my ring just doesn't stay on anymore, especially when my hands are wet. It's tungsten carbide so resizing is not an option. Granted I'm still happy for the increase in activity and loss of body fat.

What else have you run into?

We pretty much all have the same issues:

Clothing and rings don't fit.
    People react to you differently, many are negative because your success shows them their own failure and brings out their insecurity, you have to remember anything negative is about THEM not YOU. You get some positive reactions too. For some reason a fit person walking into the room commands respect, it's not fair but it is true.
    Your appetite and hormones change, you have to adjust your lifestyle accordingly.
    Your health gets better and health issues mysteriously disappear.
    Your quality of life gets better.
    You are happier, but life still gives you bad days all the tools you ever had to pull you out of a funk still apply.
    Loose skin, especially for those of us over 50, but some of it does adjust with time. You lose fat quicker than your skin adjusts, you have to give it time, it's less elastic when you are older like some of us.
    Overall life is MUCH BETTER, worth any of the inconveniences.
    Remember, you have been wishing for these types of problems for a long time now, REJOICE in them!
  • yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree about the boobs part - I'm kinda sad to lose the perkiness, and instead have boobs that look like they've been deflated :-/

:sad: Sadly me too.
    Ladies it's time to start doing you "I Must increase my Bust excercise", tighten up those boob support muscles, Hands togther like your parying, elbows out and press hands together,for 4-5 secs- 10-15 times, 3-5x a day :flowerforyou:
  • LollypopGinger
    LollypopGinger Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feeling so disproportionate! My legs and hips are right small but my waist is being stubborn, so pants that fit my waist are incredibly baggy on my legs and butt. Can't wait to even out a bit, haha!

I am EXACTLY the same! So annoying!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love the having to go shopping part, but I really can't afford it right now. I'm buying clothes closer to my goal weight right now because I'm so close to my last goal... But I've got the feeling that even in maintenance mode I'll be losing inches so I'm terrifief that in a year or so the clothes I buy today will be too large for me, but I'll make sure I eat well to avoid having to buy more stuff in the future.
    The boobs part can get hard to get used to as well, but I'm happy they don't weigh as much anymore.

Oh and contrary to what the doctors said, my back aches are still with me today. But my health has had a 99.99% improvement! I can't complain :)
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

THIS x1000000000
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Cons:

- cold all the time
    - butt always hurts when sitting on hard surfaces (pretty much any chair that isn't padded)
    - have to buy an entirely new wardrobe, from bras to under to jeans, to even a new parka. Jeans are the worst, since I insist they actually fit me I have to buy them more often to keep up with my body
    - stacking my knees when laying on my side in bed hurts because there's not enough fat
    - none of my rings fit, I'm now a size 7 (from 9.5 I think)
    - I'm a size 9.5 in shoes, but since most shoes come in whole sizes I would buy size 10's. 10's don't fit me anymore, I now have to size down to 9's. I have an entire closet of useless shoes
    - people who know I've lost weight feel they have the right to tell me what they think about my weight, and that I want to hear about their weight, even it's about gaining weight
    - they also think they have the right to give me their opinion about how much weight I should be losing, how fast, and what I should be eating
    - same people also using the phrase "tone up"
    - my confidence has actually decreased, which is a little weird. Primarily because since losing weight I have never been quite as occupied with looking at my own body as well as others. Suddenly I'm being inundated by society's ideal body type, and when I compare myself to it, which I do now, I find myself seriously lacking. And that's depressing
    - the healthy foods that I insist on buying cost more
    - can't eat the tasty foods (anything fried, anything with cheese, anything sugary) without feeling nauseous
    - processed foods taste like ****. Maybe I WANTED to eat the boxed cake. Ever think of that?
    - so many foods I'm not willing to eat. Costco muffins. Pretty much any and all store bought cookies. Even some homemade ones (unless I've made them, or want them badly enough)
    - the cost of vitamins (I take eight every day)

PROS TO LOSING WEIGHT!!!

- people are a little bit more helpful... as in they go out of their way to help me more so now than before. Holding doors, picking up things I've dropped, etc.
    - although I have to buy new clothes, they are cheaper because I'm not forced to shop at the stores that carry bigger sizes. I can shop at Urban Planet or Sirens or any of the other cheap stores
    - I look better and feel better
    - I eat less food, so even though I insist on buying healthy foods, I'm probably spending less in the long run
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time, my feet have shrunk, I am not to goal weight yet but am half the person I used to be so I needed a lot of new clothes and once I get to goal none of them will fit!!!! My family asking me if I am done yet because in their eyes I am too thin!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me has been when an absolute favorite outfit is just way too big now! It cannot easilybe altered, so away it goes. :sad: This really stinks since it was new last Fall! Of corse, I would rathr be thin than have my old clothes fit any day!!! :wink:
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    well i dont mind buying clothes and my boobs havent shrunk. but im cold all the time, i get really nervous when i catch a guy checking me out, and i hate when people say ive changed. ive never felt more like myself, sorry im not a hermit anymore!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound horribly vain...
    I hate seeing pictures of myself and realizing I am not as thin yet as I feel.
    Like at the finish line of a 5k... I can see I still very much have thunder thighs! :sad:
    but I feel like a size 6

Aw man you're not alone in that one!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Feeling cold & then shopping for your new body shape- i still don't know what suits me!!

^^ so this
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo cold!!! Just spent £50 on thermals at Marks and Spencers.
  • Shannonv1
    Shannonv1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    boob shrinkage. 'nough said :grumble:

My words exactly! ;)