10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! My week will be extremely hectic at work and seems like it will consist of early mornings and late nights, sooo I will try my best but I already feel like this week w ill not be good. I'm not used to this kind of schedule and at the end of the day I'm exhausted. Will try to check in later tonight.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! Today is week 6 day 2 of the Insanity program which means Max Interval Plyo was on the agenda. I woke up late and I must admit not really feeling up to what Shaun T and this dvd was going to bring (my rt knee was bothering me). I couldn't only get through 1 of the 3 warm up intervals (joggin, jumpin jacks, 1-2-3, jump rope, high knees, switch kicks, hit the floor and side/side floor hops). Just the thought of having to do that 2 more times was not appealing so I can't lie I pushed fast forward. Now I did do my best on the rest of the interval circuits but because my knee was bothering me I substituted jumping rope for anything that required a lot of power jumping.

Even though I know many ppl may not know what these exercises are I still wanted to share w/you how INSANE Shaun T and this month 2 Plyo dvd is. Today's workout consisted of:

Switch jumps (start in squat position and jump 180 into another squat position)
    Squat push ups (start in squat position and fall into push up position)
    Wide in and out abs
    Power jumps (jumped rope instead)
    V legged push ups (hard to explain but works the shoulders)
    Pogo (Couldn't do b/c of my knee so I jumped rope instead)
    Globe twists (squats w/a twist)
    Level 3 drills (16 push ups and 16 mountain climbers).....THESE WERE MURDER
    Power lunges/hop squats
    Side push ups (hard to complete but did my best)
    Kickstand touch the floor (hard to explain but required the use of one leg and didn't do b/c knee, so, jumped rope)
    Power knees
    Balance push ups

I WAS SO GLAD WHEN THESE 50 MINUTES WERE UP AND I REALLY HOPE I HAVE THE STRENGTH TO GIVE IT MY ALL TOMORROW!

Since I'm really pressed for time I will catch up w/posts later.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    I am excited to say that I woke up this morning at 5AM!!!! Despite the fact that it snowed another foot, I got my workout clothes on and jogged over to the gym (1/2 block away, so very convenient), and did some incline runs for about 40 minutes. I've decided to mix up my runs and do some days for speed, some for fun, and some for endurance& strength. Today's was for endurance & strength. Inclines are dang hard and I pushed through! It felt great. I'm feeling way energized and it was a great morning. I had more time than I thought I would to get ready. So, I think I am going to try to make this a habit. I hope this also helps jump start my metabolism a bit! It also makes it easier to plan out my food for the rest of the day.

Nola- so glad you had such a fun time at the wedding! I am so glad everything worked out. Fun weekends like that always go wayy too fast. Hope you are able to find some time for yourself to relax and take a breather with your crazy work week! Once the craziness is over, I have no doubt that you will be back into your workouts full swing!!

Choco- girl that workout sounds crazy! I think I may have to make a purchase...It sounds a lot like my Burn Intervals routine-- a lot of plyometrics and a lot of the "basics" that I would use with my personal trainer. You are rockin girl!! And you were my inspiration this morning as I was sooo tempted to push the snooze button. But, I resisted! And I am so glad I did! I have a feeling I will be in bed much earlier tonight!! :) Now I'm going to keep thinking of having to report to you of my morning workouts, and hopefully that will get me out of bed! It helps to be held accountable!!!

Porterbaby- glad to hear you are getting outside and keeping active! I love warm weather and all of the additional activities to keep my heart pumping!! Not only is it good for you physically, but I'm sure emotionally too as you accomplish so many things around the house. Yippie!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Dawna: You Rock Ms lady! We to get out of the bed and get that workout in this morning. I'm considering taking up joggin so I wanted to know a little bit more about your run routine especially since you do different things to work on speed, endurance and fun. How does a speed jog/run compare to an endurance/fun jog run. I really believe you'll like the Insanity workout b/c your workouts are already Insane so I can totally picture you rocking this program out. Let me know what you ultimately decide.

Nola: Glad to learn you made it to the wedding and really enjoyed time spent w/friends. I absolutely love weddings.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    nolachick: i'm glad you had fun at your friends wedding.
    kicklikeagirl: that's great you do your workouts in the morning too. because an hour after my man leaves i get my workout tapes ready and plus i do some on the computer. then i do things around the house, then i go for a walk. come back here to the house and do somemore things around here. later at night i do my stretches and do some machines.
    choco:sounds like a hard, but great workout. i have enough workout with p90x. i tried to do all of his,just about half way it starts hurting my neck and right shoulder, so i have to stop.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Dawna: You Rock Ms lady! We to get out of the bed and get that workout in this morning. I'm considering taking up joggin so I wanted to know a little bit more about your run routine especially since you do different things to work on speed, endurance and fun. How does a speed jog/run compare to an endurance/fun jog run. I really believe you'll like the Insanity workout b/c your workouts are already Insane so I can totally picture you rocking this program out. Let me know what you ultimately decide.

Choco- Thanks girl! Jogging is so great and such a great cardio workout, and it really works the tummy. Not that you need any help with that, cause you are so fit girl! But, its just really refreshing and a great way to forget about everything else thats going on in life and just focus on how far or where your feet take you...running to the beat of the music....its great.

The thing to remember about running is to take it slow at first, and just gradually build up. I increase my distance about 5-10% each week, and I only do one long run each week to avoid "runner's knee". If you go too far too fast you can cause injuries. So, right now I am up to 5.5 miles on my one "long day" and I go about 3-4 miles on my "other days" of the week.

Here are my runs:

Strength- I typically try to do intervals to build the strength in my legs as well as strength in my heart. This run gets my heart rate sky-rocketed at times when the incline can get to 8.0%, its crazy hard. But, I love it. I also sometimes combine this day with my endurance and do "less intense" intervals, which is what I did today. I wanted to incorporate intervals, but I also wanted to go as far as I could (well, as far as I could with intervals).

Endurance- Just running to log the miles. Trying to get to my maximum miles for the week. This is usually my Saturdays where I increase my distance from the previous Saturday by 5-10%. I don't worry too much about my speed, I just focus on getting the miles in.

Speed- These are the days I will say "okay- I'm going to run 3.5 miles today, I gotta make it in less than 35 minutes". So that means I've gotta run at about 6.5mph without stopping. These speed days help me with my endurance days because my body is used to going a faster speed.

Fun Days- Not really a care in the world, just running/walking, inclines whenever I feel. No real structure to the routine, just running to go to the beat of my music and maybe throw in a couple of sprints to get my heart rate up there. Or, if I'm outside I'll pick a new route just for fun.

But, today I combined strength, which was a lot of intervals with endurance. Basically I wanted to see how far I could get doing intervals. Usually I run flat when I do my endurance days, but I'm training for a 10K, and its a very hilly/mountainous terrain, so I'm trying to train my body to get used to running far on inclines. So, today was a combination day. It was intense and I ended up getting 3.5 miles...and that doesn't seem like much...but I was at an average of a 4% incline..it was crazy! Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Thank for sharing. I'm goin to really consider taking it up b/c I've heard it helps w/the tummy. Despite how fit you might THINK I am my abs need some work.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Choco- do you find that as you work out in the morning...you are more hungry during the day? It might have had to do with my strength training routine last night...but today I have literally ate ever 2 hours. 6:30, 8:30. 10:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:00... luckily I brought lots of yummy snacks for most of those times. I'm still on track with my calories for the day---it was nice to be able to plan it out after my workout. But I am like a beast today!!! I know its my metabolism...but I wondered if that was something that happened to you with working out in the morning. Thanks!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday! After looking at the Insanity calendar I realized I was counting the weeks incorrecctly. I did not realize the recovery week was not counted as part of the week so while I thought I was on week six I am actually on week 5. Having said all that today is week 5 day 3 of the Insanity program and I completed the Max Cardio Conditioning dvd. I paced myself throughout the workout and I did a lot better than yesterday. I must say the month 2 workouts have been leaving me very sore so I know I'm working something.

Anyway, I have to begin my work day so I'll check back in later.

Dawna: I find that I'm extremely hungry. I'm not sure if it has to do w/exercising in the morning or the crazy workout routine but my metobolism has got to be through the roof. I'M ALWAYS HUNGRY and i eat every 3 hours. I'm struggling to increase my calories. I know I should be at about 1600 calories due to the intensity of the workouts but I'm not sure how to incorporate it. I've gotten a few suggestions from friends on other threads so I'm going to try that.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    Thanks Choco for the info, I find that I am especially hungry on days after I do strength training. I enjoy eating throughout the day, I find that it keeps me from mindlessly snacking on unhealthy items, and my "meals" are a lot less calories. This morning I got up ag 5am again to hit the gym and do some intervals on the treadmill. I did a 5 min warmup and then did some intervals...I did speed intervals doing 5 min @ 6.5mph, then 1 minute 3.5mph...and so on. It felt great. It was kind of just a fun run because today isn't really a "running" day. I did my jog for about 25 minutes and then got on the elliptical for another 20 minutes. I was originally going to do Turbo Kick in my livingroom, but when I do that I am jumping around so much, I'm afriad I'll wake everyone up. I'm going to test it out Friday and see if I'm too loud for the neighbors below. Nice thing is, I can wear my ipod because I can do the routines with just the music.

I'm trying really hard not to get too obsessed with losing weight, and trying to just enjoy the way my body feels and how healthy and in shape I feel. But, this morning I had a "wow I look pretty good" moment when I got on the treadmill and saw my side profile in the mirror at the gym. I'm definitely looking slimmer, no matter what the scale says. :love: I've just gotta keep that mindset as I continue. And hopefully as I worry more about how I feel, then the scale may start to move. I'm not stepping on that blasted thing for a few weeks. :happy:
  • nolachick
    Options
    wow I am way behind on posts and can't wait to sit down and read what everyone has been doing these days.
    Will try to get back to it by tomorrow. Thinking about all my MFP ladies tho!
    have a great day.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Thursday all! I have been absolutely living for Thursdays since beginning the Insanity program b/c it's considered a recovery day and boy to I ever NEED IT THIS WEEK! Today is week 5 day 4 of the Insanity program which meant I had to complete the Max Recovery dvd. While I really need this dvd to stretch my body out Shaun T is really killing me w/all the push ups and plank moves. I'm unsure if my shoulders can take any more. I know they're getting stronger and I can see some definition but they are SCREAMING FOR ME TO TAKE A BREAK!. Despite all the aching/soreness I completed the workout.

My work day is about to begin so I hope everyone has a great day.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning!!
    Last night it was a "strength training day" so luckily I got my cardio done in the morning and then when I got home from work we did the 40 minute Burn 2 Interval of ChaLean Extreme. I forgot how intense it is...and I was happy to say that since I started the program back in October, I have gotten a lot stronger. Rather than doing 8 pounds on my rows, I was doing 15s. It was awesome! Then, this morning I got up again at 5am to do some major working out. I got a nice 45 minute cardio workout in, and it felt great. I did some more running today. I'm trying to get at least 3-4 runs in a week so that I'll be conditioned to run my 10K this summer. I'm really loving getting my workout done early in the morning. It sure gives me a lot more free time in the evening. And so far I haven't found I'm getting very tired. I get to bed by 10pm. I'm going to keep making it a goal to try to get up early at least 4 days during the week to get my cardio workout done. My husband loved it too, he dragged himself out of bed to come with me, since he said he can't sleep once I leave anyways. He's even worse of a morning person than I am, haha!

My family is in town this weekend because my little sister is graduating from college, and I am excited. I'm sure we'll be going out to eat, but I haven't went out to eat in a loong time--- and I'm going to be making good choices so I'm not too worried. I'm just excited to get to see them!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good afternoon ladies. i'm very excited today, i didn't exercise this morning, i've been working on the garage just about all day, except i had to take a few breaks. what i'm excited about is i got my new workout tape, from beachbody, brazil butt lift, i can't wait to start on it tomorrow. i'm taking a break because he just got back from work and he had to fix something on the truck. so he has the stinky neighbor and some other guy helping him. so i have to wait until they finish and they are gone. i would've been done by now or almost done. i don't know how many calories i burned or gonna burn. that's my day.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I can not say it loud enough.....THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY! Today is week 5 day 5 of the Insanity Program and it is truly kicking my butt. Month 2 of this program is GRUELING! My hat goes off and I bow down to anyone and everyone who has gone through this program b/c my body is SCREAMING at me right now. My upper body is super sore my legs are still a bit wobbly but once again i'm proud to say that I DUG DEEPER AND COMPLETED MY WORKOUT. I completed the Max Interval Circuit dvd and I'm looking forward to a weekend free of Insanity. I usually go to the gym on Saturday and stretch/walk on Sunday and my body so needs the rest.

Well I have to get my work day started so i'll check the threads a little later. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a long busy week and work has consumed all my time and energy. I haven't worked out a single day and I haven't planned my meals so I have been eating whatever crap is available. I feel so lousy, gross, disappointed in myself. I know the motivation is there so don't worry as soon as I get my life back on track I will be hitting it hard. No more playing games.
    The other day I looked in the mirror and noticed my quads tonight up and that was motivation enough for me. My legs are a big problem area for me so now that I see a little progress I wanna see how far I can go. I can't wait to be able to wear shorts and not feel self conscious about my thighs.

Well Dawna: hope u enjoy your family time, and don't worry you have worked hard enough, you deserve to indulge a little. Maybe you need it to confuse ur metabolism a lil.

Choco: Girl you are so right - TGIF!!!! I thought this week would never end and finally friday is here. tonight i will either go home and get some much needed sleep or go to the movies with my friends, I find it very relaxing. Girl you are awesome for getting this far on the DVD and MY HAT GOES OFF TO YOU! I can't wait to follow a program and see it through to the end like you are doing. I definately need more discipline in that area and have actually been thinking of getting the insanity program myself. I really need to kick my butt into gear!

Porterbaby: I have heard a lot about that Brazilian workout and can't wait to hear how it is working out for you!

Have a great day ladies :flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    Well, this morning I didn't get up at 5am, but I did make my goal that I told myself. I told myself I would get up 3 times this week at 5am to get my workout in. Last night we were up late chatting with my parents, so we didn't get to bed until late. Plus, my body needed a bit of a break I think, I felt refreshed this morning. Last night my family wanted to go out to eat at the Texas Roadhouse. I did pretty good, I ordered BBQ chicken w/ baked potato & veggies (no butter or salt). I only ate half of the potato & chicken, and I ended up satisfied without feeling any guilt. Whew! I've been working really hard this week and I was so excited that I could get up at 5am! That is a huge accomplishment for me....now I've gotta push that through to next week. My goal again is to get up at LEAST 3 times next week at 5am. Tonight is my sister's graduation, so no workouts in for me today, it shall be a good rest. My husband and I are trying out a bootcamp on Saturday, as well as go for a nice relaxing jog. TGIF!!! I'm so sick of this work week!

Choco- way to push through it girl! I am so proud of you for working as hard as you do. Your early morning intense workouts are what have inspired me to want to get up early. It feels so good, and you are doing amazzzing!! Glad you have your rest days in there because you need them!!

Nola- so glad you are seeing results! My thighs are one of my bigger problem areas too... congrats on seeing some great progress! you've got the spark and motivation in you that I know you'll be back and in full swing. its about time for swimsuit season...and we can do this!!

Porterbaby- have a good weekend! Excited to hear about the Brazillian butt lift workout.

Have a fabulous evening ladies!!! I'm going to rock out in a hot tight pencil skirt and a cute lil blouse for my sister's graduation....I love dressing up like that, it makes me feel sexy!! I'm feeling really good about my body this week, a good friend helped me to realize that sometimes we tend to get so obsessed and don't appreciate our bodies while we are on the journey to our goals. So, I took a step back and realized that I've come so far, and regardless if I've lost any pounds in the last 18 months, I've definitely toned my body and lost some jiggle in my wiggle! Do something for yourself this weekend!!! And look in the mirror at the progress you've all made, I promise you'll smile :)
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good afternoon ladies, i did my first dvd this morning and i love it. i think so far the beachbody dvds that i have so far are awsome. turbo jams, p90x, and now brazil butt lift. i like them all. i've sweat before with the other ,but i sure sweated with this one.
    kicklikeagirl: have fun at your sister graduation. let us know what they thought of your whole new look. have fun and enjoy yourself.
    choco: i'm glad your workouts are very intense, i bet you are looking great and very toned.
    nolachick: i'm glad you're looking great and toned, just like choco.
    we all doing great with our workouts, by june or july will all have niced toned hot healthy bodies, looking great in our swimsuits or any to wear, that we felt uncomfortable in. i'll let you gals know how it's turning out for me.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Since my body had been screaming at me all week I decided to sleep in as long as possible this morning. I didn't actually sleep since this body seems to be on a timer of its own but I refused to get out of the bed so i read for a little while. As a result, I missed my Saturday morning kickboxing class. Have no fear though b/c a workout has been completed. I decided to rock it out with Billy Blanks and his cardio kickboxing bootcamp dvd. This dvd combines calisthenics (jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups), kickboxing (jabs, uppercuts, side kicks) and strength training (squats, tricep kickbacks, tricep dips) so after 45 minutes my body is slightly fatigued but my mind feels great.

This should be one of my best weekends in a long time b/c I have absolutely nothing to do and I'm soooo happy. I'm going to continue reading my book and relax today and tomorrow I'm thinking about checking out Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married Too" movie. My body really needs to recover if I think I'm going to be able to tackle Shaun T and all his Insane moves.

Porterbaby: Glad you like the new dvd let us know if it gives your booty the lift you're looking for.

Dawna: Rock it out w/your hot self. Hope you have fun at your sister's graduation and you're right we do need to appreciate how far we've come instead of always pointing out what still needs to be worked on.

I always say if I don't love me and the way that I look how can I expect someone else too. It starts w/self and we all have something to be proud of so I'm taking my hat off to my 10 in 9 ladies for sticking w/their workouts and healthy lifestyle despite many obstacles.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies. well today was an ok day. i shredded for a little bit but boy did it kick my butt! i dont know what made me think that after 2 weeks of not working out i cud jump back into level 2. I had to take a LOT of breaks cuz I felt like I was going to pass out!
    tomorrow to get healthy groceries and plan nice meals.

will check back in tomorrow.