10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    actually brazil butt lift works on everything, but it pertains the three big muscles in the butt. it contains alot of ballet, balancing, and alot of sweating. no breaks. it's a great workout. plus there's some dancing. it's different, but exciting. i think it's working on my butt. it looks alittle perky and lifted to me.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 6 day 4 of the Insanity program which means its a recovery day! I always look forward to Thursdays and my body is always thankful for the day of "rest". My knee was still bothering me this morning so thankfully the Cardio Recovery dvd does not incorporate a lot of jumping.

Nola: Glad you're making healthier choices when reading the posts...LOL. I've never been a coffee drinker but I have friends and co-workers who can't function w/o it so great job on walking away from the extra calories/sugar.

Porterbaby: I'm glad you like the Brazilian Butt lift dvd. I've seen the infomercial and heard good things.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Helllo ladies!
    Well, today is my Friday--oh it feels so good to say that! I'm heading out of work early today to get out of town for the weekend. Yippee! This morning I woke up early and did another Turbo Kick workout. It was fun! I also incorporated some leg workouts and then about 5 minutes of abs- and holy cow, I feel great! I'm heading over to Boise this weekend and I'm excited because its so much warmer there, and I'm excited to hit the mall and do some shopping. We're staying with my hubby's fam and his mom is really great about cooking healthy meals, or not being offended if I don't eat a certain part of the meal. She likes my healthy lifestyle and she's been asking me lots of questions as she's been started running lately. So, I'm glad- they are much more understanding than my family.

Choco-- The Burn Intervals came as part of my ChaLean Extreme workouts. Its a cardio/muscle endurance workout. Basically you do 2 minutes of high intensity cardio workouts (high knees, sumo burpees, kickboxing, screamers or plyo lunges, etc) and then she does 2 minutes of endurance lifting. I only use a 5 pound weight (same as the lady in the video) because since you do so many reps it really works the muscles. (squats, biceps, triceps, overhead press, lateral raise, lunges, leg extensions, etc). Its a nice "break" from the heavy lifting days on the CE videos. All the workouts really get my metabolism kickin!

Nola- way to give up the coffee...that shows some good determination! You have come so far, its so great to see your successes! I can tell you are in this for the long haul! If you don't mind me asking....and this is random...but where do you shop? All the pictures you've had posted you are wearing such cute outfits, and since I'm going shopping I need to find some cute items. I've just had a hard time finding clothes lately that I like-- especially that are cute and classy. I've seen a lot of trashy looking clothes lately that I would never ever wear. So, I need some suggestions on where to go!

Porterbaby- so glad you are enjoying your new dvd. it is so fun to get into a new workout and be completely consumed in it. It also helps mix up your typical routine and kick up that metabolism.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    today my rest day of brazil butt lift, so since i wasn't falling p90x routine. i figure today is the first day i start doing it right. i was just doing what i wanted to do. so today i'm doing chest and back and ab ripper x. i should have been doing that. but i wasn't. i have to do it for me. i'm having one of those days. so instead of torturing my mouth and body with terrible fats. i'm going to bust my fat off and sweat my a&& off.:angry::laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Helllo ladies!
    Well, today is my Friday--oh it feels so good to say that! I'm heading out of work early today to get out of town for the weekend. Yippee! This morning I woke up early and did another Turbo Kick workout. It was fun! I also incorporated some leg workouts and then about 5 minutes of abs- and holy cow, I feel great! I'm heading over to Boise this weekend and I'm excited because its so much warmer there, and I'm excited to hit the mall and do some shopping. We're staying with my hubby's fam and his mom is really great about cooking healthy meals, or not being offended if I don't eat a certain part of the meal. She likes my healthy lifestyle and she's been asking me lots of questions as she's been started running lately. So, I'm glad- they are much more understanding than my family.

Choco-- The Burn Intervals came as part of my ChaLean Extreme workouts. Its a cardio/muscle endurance workout. Basically you do 2 minutes of high intensity cardio workouts (high knees, sumo burpees, kickboxing, screamers or plyo lunges, etc) and then she does 2 minutes of endurance lifting. I only use a 5 pound weight (same as the lady in the video) because since you do so many reps it really works the muscles. (squats, biceps, triceps, overhead press, lateral raise, lunges, leg extensions, etc). Its a nice "break" from the heavy lifting days on the CE videos. All the workouts really get my metabolism kickin!

Nola- way to give up the coffee...that shows some good determination! You have come so far, its so great to see your successes! I can tell you are in this for the long haul! If you don't mind me asking....and this is random...but where do you shop? All the pictures you've had posted you are wearing such cute outfits, and since I'm going shopping I need to find some cute items. I've just had a hard time finding clothes lately that I like-- especially that are cute and classy. I've seen a lot of trashy looking clothes lately that I would never ever wear. So, I need some suggestions on where to go!

Porterbaby- so glad you are enjoying your new dvd. it is so fun to get into a new workout and be completely consumed in it. It also helps mix up your typical routine and kick up that metabolism.

Happy Friday to you Dawna and believe me I'm counting down to my Friday! While the work week hasn't been stressful i've just been unfocused. I guess I would rather be out and about in the sun instead of cooped up in the bldg. I am however glad to be employed so I'm going to stop complaining.

I've been hearing a lot about Chalean Extreme and I'm wondering if she'll be my next investment in the coming months. Tell me this, is there a lot of jumping? I know you said squats and lunges and burpees. I can usually do the squats and burpees w/o major problems and if my knee is really bothering me I skip rope instead of completing the lunges. Do you think i could handle this program?

Also, I know you asked Nola but thought I would share anyway. I shop at H&M, Macy's, Express, Old Navy and this weekend I'm checking out Arden B and Bebe.

Have fun on your out of town visit and I hope you find lots of cute outfits. Please report back to us on what you buy.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

Happy Friday to you Dawna and believe me I'm counting down to my Friday! While the work week hasn't been stressful i've just been unfocused. I guess I would rather be out and about in the sun instead of cooped up in the bldg. I am however glad to be employed so I'm going to stop complaining.

I've been hearing a lot about Chalean Extreme and I'm wondering if she'll be my next investment in the coming months. Tell me this, is there a lot of jumping? I know you said squats and lunges and burpees. I can usually do the squats and burpees w/o major problems and if my knee is really bothering me I skip rope instead of completing the lunges. Do you think i could handle this program?

Also, I know you asked Nola but thought I would share anyway. I shop at H&M, Macy's, Express, Old Navy and this weekend I'm checking out Arden B and Bebe.

Have fun on your out of town visit and I hope you find lots of cute outfits. Please report back to us on what you buy.

Choco- ChaLean Extreme is different in the fact that she lifts heavy weights. There isn't a lot of jumping. She does a little moderate jumping in the Burn Intervals to get the heart rate up...but they modify it as well. The majority of the program is a 90 day program where you do 3 different "phases". The first phase is called Burn, where you combine leg exercises with arms. so, you'd do squats with a set of bicep curls doing about 12 reps on each exercise. You do that for about 30 days (3 times a week) with cardio and muscle endurance exercises inbetween. Then, you do the Push phase for 30 days, where you focus on certain muscle groups at one time. Just doing bicep curls by themselves, but using heavier weights, and only doing 8 reps. Then, you do the Lean phase for 30 days which is combining legs/arms and abs and doing higher reps. The only thing is that you need to buy weights or resistance bands to do the workouts and get results. (I have 5,8,10,15,20 pound weights that I use). But, it has really toned my body in some pretty amazing ways. my legs & arms are way more tight. Chalene does a lot slower reps to concentrate on the muscles (unlike some workouts where they do it fast to just gain muscle endurance and use momentum). I personally really like it. And its not high impact and hard on my joints. She goes slow (other than the Burn Interval workouts which are more cardio than strength training). But, if you go to the Beach Body website, you should be able to find some videos on it to get a feel for how it is.

Thanks for telling me where you shop as well! I was going to ask you too... I realllly wish they had a H&M here, we had one in Minnesota at the Mall of America and I am missing it. I'm going to check out Macy's this weekend to see if there are any good sales, and check out Old Navy for some spring/summer clothes. I want to get some more casual clothes and things because my closet is full of dress clothes for work. And mostly sweaters since its freezing in the winter, and in the summer they blast the air conditioning..so I'm always cold. Also, I want to find a new swimsuit...and I saw a really cute tankini at Macy's that I want to check out. If they don't have it in the store, I may buy online and return it if it doesn't fit. Are they typically pretty good about returning online purchases to the store? Ohhh...I am sooo excited, and I will defiintely report back!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i feel great now.
    kicklikeagirl and choco. have you gals look on ebay for clothes, man do they have some real neat and sexy clothes. plus there's a catalog that i'm suppose to get is newport news and they have some real nice clothes too. kolh's does too. plus jcpenny's. if that helps.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, been MIa today for some reason but have been reading up on ur posts.
    Well Dawna: to answer your question I mostly shop at Oldnavy for everyday clothes, I find that their jeans are the best fit for my body over any expensive brand even. For tops I usually go to forever 21 they have a lottta lotta stuff, but u gotta go with a lot of patience and time cuz their stores are usually big and I get overwhelmed with all the people haha so I usually take 2 of my girl friends we each pick a bunch of clothes and I try them all on. When it comes to work clothes or even the wedding dress I bought it at JCpenny. They actually have some nice classic stuff and I like that their sizes are more consistent that other places. Like @ forever 21 sometimes I can fit into a L sometimes a M but I'm sure since u are a lot smaller than I am u will have no problem finding things there. It's kind of hit or miss @ F21 tho. some things are really flimsy and low quality and other tops I've had for years and still in good condition. Like I said its best to go there with a lot of time and patience and perhaps with someone to help u pick out stuff. hahah
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Thanks for telling me where you shop as well! I was going to ask you too... I realllly wish they had a H&M here, we had one in Minnesota at the Mall of America and I am missing it. I'm going to check out Macy's this weekend to see if there are any good sales, and check out Old Navy for some spring/summer clothes. I want to get some more casual clothes and things because my closet is full of dress clothes for work. And mostly sweaters since its freezing in the winter, and in the summer they blast the air conditioning..so I'm always cold. Also, I want to find a new swimsuit...and I saw a really cute tankini at Macy's that I want to check out. If they don't have it in the store, I may buy online and return it if it doesn't fit. Are they typically pretty good about returning online purchases to the store? Ohhh...I am sooo excited, and I will defiintely report back!

Thank for sharing the information about Chalean Extreme. I may check it out on the beachbody website. I know I wont be purchasing it anytime soon b/c my money is allocated in other places but i'm always looking for new things to keep my body guessing and I really need to give the knee a little break.

I just purchased 5 outfits from Macys.com and if I may be returning 4 of them to a Macy's store this weekend. I'm suppose to get a second opinion this evening so depending on the feedback from my friend we'll see what happens. Macy's website clearly states you can return clothes to the store so I really don't think you'll have a problem.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies! I'm home and done with my workout now I'm cooking some spaghetti's for dinner. can't wait to shower and relax now. Tomorrow I am aiming to get my workout in early! wish me luck! good night!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday all! I must admit this has been a very unproductive work week. I'm not sure what's the deal but I need this week behind me b/c I like being productive. Everytime I attempted to begin a new assignment I would start procrastinating find any and everything else to do other than what needed to be done. It's going to be a crazy busy weekend here in the Atl. I have a friend visiting from out of town, I'm hosting a book club meeting and I'm still in shopping mode for this L.A. trip.

Anyhoo, enough about my work week and upcoming weekend and on to the workout. Today is week 6 day 5 of the Insanity program so I completed the Core Cardio and Balance dvd. As I have stated in previous posts I enjoy this workout b/c the moves are intense but the pace is not. It really allows you to focus on your form and to get the most out of each movement/exercise. I was suppose to complete Max Cardio but opted for Core Cardio and Balance so not to continue aggravating my knee.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good morning ladies. todays workout is brazil butt lift SCULPT for 50min. and p90x PLYOMETRICS.58:36 min.
    later i have to staightened up the house and finish packing. we're going to ohio for awhile, the state where i born. but i kinda feeling alittle stressed, because i really don't want go, because it's very stressful there. i just need to concetrate on my weight lose journey and not let my family get to me. but there is a few that makes me very very stressed. i have question though, should i do my dvd that i have schedule for tomorrow, should i do it later or should i just forget it and do sundays on sunday?
  • nolachick
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!
    I decided to get up early today and complete my workout so I can enjoy the rest of my day without having to worry about that. I am back up 2lbs but thats ok I knew that was coming and actually expected a lot worse. I have a mini goal for April and that's to get down to 175 - my half way mark. I have been playing around too much and its time to get serious. I could have been at my goal by now but I keep slipping and I can't keep doing that to myself anymore!

I do have some good news: I lost 1" in my waist and about 3/4" on my neck. My hips and thighs remain the same but thats ok I just want to firm up I don't mind having thick legs, my bf actually loves it! hehehe :blushing:

Well have a good dday everyone, will check in llater.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hello ladies, today I'm considering cleaning the house as exercise b/c I just finished two hours of cleaning and still have more to do. Since I am hosting today's book club I wanted my house to be sparkling clean from top to bottom. I've been up since 7 am and have just decided to take a break to check in on my ladies. Thus far I have swept and mopped all the floors in the house (kitchen and two bathrooms) and vacuumed all the rooms w/carpet (dining, living, master bedroom, guest bedroom and home office). I have also dusted everything and thoroughly cleaned one bathroom. I now have the master bathroom to clean and the front and backyard to mow. Just to ensure I got my heart rate up I jogged in place while I folded two loads of laundry. I'll admit I looked a bit crazy jogging in my laundry room while folding towels and things but I wanted to make sure I could count my house cleaning as a workout.

Well I'm off to cut the grass. I'll check back later. The book club meeting is not until 5 so I'm hoping to be done early enough to relax before the "Sophisticated Ladies" (name of our club) arrive.

Nola: Congrats on the inches lost.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    hey ladies! so great to read your posts. I checked it yesterday as I was inputting my food, but i never got a chance to say hi! The weekend vacation is great...yesterday was fun because the family had work/school so the hubby and I did our own agenda. We woke up early and went for a 6 mile run in about 55 minutes!! It was awesome! We went shopping, and I didn't really find too much. Found a cute summery/light cardigan at Target, and a button-up shirt with a brown belt at Forever21. But, other than that i just couldn't find anything. Today is day 2, and the girls wanna go shopping again- yippee! We're also going to try to find some furniture for our new place that we're planning on moving into (much bigger, thank goodness!). Today we started off the morning with a nice and easy 3.5 mile jog. i got new shoes yesterday because my other running shoes were finished...so it was fun to get out and try them out. i stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost another pound this week!!! YAY!!!

Choco- Want to come clean my house? Haha... I should think of it more as burning calories than I do cleaning. You are awesome and inspiring!!!

Nola-- Way to lose those inches girl!! You'll get back on track- I just know it. I think now that summer is just about here its really been inspiring all of us. You can do it, and I know you will!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Dawna: I generally keep a clean house b/c I dust here and there, vacuum if I see the living room needs etc. etc but I haven't done a thorough cleaning in a couple of months. I mean I have cleaned every inch of this house and it looks and smells wonderful. I got up so early I knew I wouldn't make it to the gym so I decided to wear my hrm and when it was all said and done I burned almost 700 calories so heck yeah I'm counting it. I turned the hrm off if I took time off to do something else but started it again when I began cleaning.

I'm glad you're enjoying your weekend vacay and hopefully you'll be able to find something during today's shopping trip. I'm hitting the mall tomorrow to return what I purchased online and hopefully find something better.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good afternoon ladies. we just arrived here in ohio around 5:00 pm. i haven't had time to exercise. but i'm going to get my in tomorrow hopefully.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, sorry I was MIA today I hopped on to log food and exercise and had to go back out. Today was a productive day I got up did my workout (I did some elliptical and some treadmill - and my proudest moment today was running a whole mile without stopping @ 5mph) Then I went to look at a new car. I'm thinking the 2010 camry - I absolutely love it and they have some awesome deals right now. Next weekend I will check out a few other options and go from there.

Choco: way to go on those house cleaning calories! u are inspiring me to do the same tomorrow as I have not done a SERIOUS cleaning in a while. I'm always on the go but I know my house needs some spring cleaning.

Dawna: hope u find more cute clothes. I went to target yesterday and got a really cute dress.

porterbaby: glad u made it safe and sound, hope u are able to get ur workout in.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I tried posting a new pic but I was unsuccessful.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Terri.jpg

I finally figured it out. Here is a picture I took last month prior to heading to the Fresh Fest concert w/my girlfriends. Excuse the facial expression I was in the process of laughing but it gives you a good idea of how the workouts are coming along. I'm rockin my size 4 jeans in this pic.