10 in 9, part 2

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!!
    I was going to check in yesterday but it got to be a busy day at work and then after work I rushed home to get my workout in since I took a rest day on Tuesday, and couldn't quite get out of bed on Wednesday. So, last night I did 40 minutes of Turbo Kick and then stretched for a loooong time to loosen up my muscles. I made dinner and then relaxed for a bit before I took a friend with me to a Zumba class.

I woke up early this morning!!! YAY! Finally! I did just what you said Choco... the alarm went off, and immediately put my feet on the floor and woke up and got ready to hit the gym. I was able to complete 45 minutes of running intervals and then 15 minutes on the bike. Energy is high, I'm feeling great!

Choco-- My body really did need the rest the other night, so thank you for reassuring me that when I truely feel I need to rest, I should do it! I'm getting the hang of listening to my body, which has been hard. Before I wasn't sure if it was my lazy mindset that was telling me my body needed rest, or if it was really my body. Now I know! And a sauna sounds sooo nice! Way to burn some mega calories on the elliptical!!! Thats great!!!

Nola-- Have you thought about doing just more protein and less carbs, but still incorporating some good carbs in your diet? For example: You could have 1/2 serving of pasta with more chicken (4oz or so) with a little bit of sauce. That way you still satisfy your carb craving, but yet you are getting more protein in? Sometimes if I completely restrict something from my diet and I am knowingly doing so, I tend to want it even more and then I splurge. Maybe instead of ridding carbs altogether, maybe you can still have them, just do smaller servings and increase your protein? Just a suggestion. I know I couldn't live without my carbs. But, do what you know you need to do, and what your body needs. We are here for advice and support!!

Porterbaby-- so glad you are enjoying the brazillian butt lift! I know my hubby would not be a happy camper if I tried to purposely tone my booty. He likes the junk in my trunk..haha! He'd probably hide the DVD if he saw I had it!! And I hear ya about toning the stomach-- thats my biggest problem area. My thighs could use some more work too. Running has definitely helped, but I still need to do some more work.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey girls, been busy busy at work so I'm just dropping in to say hello.

i started reading the new atkins book last night and contrary to many beliefs it doesnt completely block out car bs, it tells you which ones are the healthy ones to eat and also, it counts net carbs. so u can eat carbs but it rathers u eat those with high fiber. haven't even gotten half way yet thru the book so i still have lots to learn. also it encourages lots of protein which is definately something I need to put back into my diet. it also has different phases from induction to life time maintenance so (choco) its not a quick fix kinda diet. Wish me luck ladies!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Dawna: I'm glad you rocked it out last night.....I mean 40 minutes of a workout, stretching and then Zumba. I dont know how I inspire you when you're an exercise machine. I seldomly do I complete two workouts in a day and here you are rocking it out....Great job. Also, great job w/getting up this morning. If you don't give yourself too much time to think about not getting up it usually is pretty easy. I'll admit that I'm a bit sleepy now. I reported getting up at 5 am but it really was 4:15/4:30 b/c I needed to leave the house a little earlier to get gas before heading to the gym. I hope I sleep well tonight and I'm soooooo happy tomorrow is Friday.

Nola: I'm glad you're doing your research so you can be well informed and make the decsion that will be best for you. Keep us posted as to what you decide and how it works for you if you do decide to try it out.

I'm going to try to lay off the sweets and my frozen weight watchers/healthy choice meals (chocolate, chips etc....) until my L.A. trip to see if that will help get my abs were I want them. I currently have 27 in waist and I would really like it to be at least a 25 by the trip. I don't know if it's possible to lose 2 inches in 4 weeks but I'm gonna TRY and see what happens. This will be a HUGE issue for me b/c I dont really cook and I use my weight watcher brownies/cakes as a way of satisfying my sweet cravings. I'm really gonna need the support of my girls on this one.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Nola-- I commend you for researching this decision out! Smart move on your part, especially as you try to figure out what will work for you in your journey, as well as what makes your body feel good. I know that for me certain foods do not make my body feel good, and its important to recognize those foods and how they make you feel. Keep us posted! Just curious...what carbs do they say are bad carbs? I'm curious to know if I am eating what they would consider "bad". I do know my potatoes would probably be considered bad...but I'm not givin them up quite yet...until I find that they won't work for my body. But, yeah, just curious!!

Choco-- 4:15? Oh wow, I woke up at that time a few weeks ago, and I sighed with relief and said "Sweet, I still have 45 minutes of rest time". Haha! I don't know if it is just me...but when I get up at 5am for my workouts, I can't turn on any lights right away otherwise I get a major headache. I have to go potty & get dressed in the dark...and then I'll try to turn on a lamp to adjust to the light. I think I'm officially a freak. Haha! If you need some healthy but quick recipes, let me know. I've got some that are easy for one or two people. I support you!!
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options

Morning Choco...

Sorry to hear about your knee, I have that same problem,... now that you are doing P90X, does that bother your arthritic knee?

I decided to not complete the Plyometrics dvd (at least for right now) of the P90X program since there is an awful lot of jumping. I have designated Tuesday and Thursday (Plyo and Yoga) as my cardio days so I go to the gym. For the past two weeks I've been completing HIIT on the treadmills and have done pretty well. I will admit that my knee started bothering me towards the end of the 30 minute jog on Tuesday but not nearly as bad as all the jumping.

Hey,

Thanks for your input... I tried Insanity on Youtube (just 20mins) and I was winded, lol, I thought I was going to die!!.. and my knee hurt 4 days after the fact.. regardless, I'm still going to purchase Insanity but modify it to work with my knee.. I'm in better shape since I'm now doing CE,,

Cheryl
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey, a quick hello Choco, Nola and Porterbaby..hope all of you doing awesome!!:laugh:

KicklikeaGirl... Zumba classes seem to be hot!!. How did your salmon dish turn out?
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    good morning ladies.
    crickks: i'm doing good.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY! It's a beautiful day in Georgia so i'm looking forward to just relaxing. I may do a little shopping since I still have accessories to purchase.

Anyway, today is week 2 day 5 of the P90X program and the "Legs and Back" dvd is complete. I decided to complete the Insanity warm up to get the heart rate up and really rocked out the legs and back routine. My legs felt a bit wobbly by the time the workout is complete so I'm sure they will be a bit sore by tomorrow but I so love the soreness when it relates to a great workout.

Crickks: I love the Insanity program and will continue to incorporate different workouts in here and there, so, I would encourage you to get it and modify when necessary. I was able to hang for 7 weeks before the knee became truly problematic so it was worth it.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY! It's a beautiful day in Georgia so i'm looking forward to just relaxing. I may do a little shopping since I still have accessories to purchase.

Anyway, today is week 2 day 5 of the P90X program and the "Legs and Back" dvd is complete. I decided to complete the Insanity warm up to get the heart rate up and really rocked out the legs and back routine. My legs felt a bit wobbly by the time the workout is complete so I'm sure they will be a bit sore by tomorrow but I so love the soreness when it relates to a great workout.

Crickks: I love the Insanity program and will continue to incorporate different workouts in here and there, so, I would encourage you to get it and modify when necessary. I was able to hang for 7 weeks before the knee became truly problematic so it was worth it.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    Got a nice run in today, it felt great. I'm hoping the weather warms up sometime soon. A few weeks ago when we went on vacation it was like 80 degrees on the other-side of Idaho. But, on this side of Idaho is like only 40 degrees, and its starting to make me frustrated!!! I hope tomorrow, since it will be May, it will start to warm up so I can enjoy a few months of summer.

I am SO glad this week is over... as my co-worker has annoyed me to no end this week. I feel like I've been watching the same stupid skit on Comedy Central over and over again- he sure thinks he's funny, but its gotten so old. I have tried my best to ignore it and be patient, but my patience is dwindling so I am glad I have a few days to rest and relax to re-gain some emotional strength to be able to put up with his constant sarcasm and criticism, which he thinks is funny. Anyways, I am sooo excited for the weekend to workout and de-stress!

Cheryl-- Last night my dinner plans didn't quite go through as planned. I got home and my husband (who is finishing his degree, and going to school full time and working part time) was frustrated because he's been so busy. He was having a bad day, and he hadn't ate all day because he was busy running around. So, I decided rather than spending the next hour or so cooking dinner, I would take him to his favorite place so he could relax. His favorite place is a gourmet pizza/salad/pasta place. Not super healthy food, but I decided to go with a nice salad with lots of veggies on a bed of spinach. I also ate one small slice of pizza. It didn't sit well with me, but I'm glad I didn't over-do it otherwise I would have felt worse! I'm looking forward to the salmon dish this weekend :)

Choco- You are kickin butt over there girl!! With your workouts and still dropping more weight, I realize I need to kick it up a notch. I didn't do any strength training this week, mostly just cardio... so I am going to make sure I get more of that in this next week. Have you ever gotten your body fat % tested? I bet you have an outstanding percentage with how small and fit you are!

Porterbaby- have a great weekend!

Have a happy friday!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Choco- You are kickin butt over there girl!! With your workouts and still dropping more weight, I realize I need to kick it up a notch. I didn't do any strength training this week, mostly just cardio... so I am going to make sure I get more of that in this next week. Have you ever gotten your body fat % tested? I bet you have an outstanding percentage with how small and fit you are!

Dawna: I've been trying to find a hand held body fat percentage calculator b/c I don't think the one on my scale is accurrate. When I use to participate in boot camp the instructor had a hand held and it registered me 5% smaller than my scale. I wish I could somehow get tested in the water as I hear that's suppose to be the most accurate. While I do know I've toned up in some areas others (abs) still have some work.

You're such an awesome wife by treating your hubby. I'm sure he really appreciated how considered you were and the time the two of you got to spend together. Great job!

I hope you're able to keep it together regarding your annoying co-worker. I must admit I'll be glad when our review ends so we can begin working from home again. After about 2 months of working together my co-workers and I begin getting on one another's nerves. There's usually a 2 month break between reviews and believe me those breaks are soooooo necessary. Don't know if we'll have two months this year as our first review started really behind schedule. Nonetheless try to ignore the co-worker or you could cuss is tail out (without using curse words and being professional) one good time and he would probably leave you alone.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Dawna: I've been trying to find a hand held body fat percentage calculator b/c I don't think the one on my scale is accurrate. When I use to participate in boot camp the instructor had a hand held and it registered me 5% smaller than my scale. I wish I could somehow get tested in the water as I hear that's suppose to be the most accurate. While I do know I've toned up in some areas others (abs) still have some work.

You're such an awesome wife by treating your hubby. I'm sure he really appreciated how considered you were and the time the two of you got to spend together. Great job!

I hope you're able to keep it together regarding your annoying co-worker. I must admit I'll be glad when our review ends so we can begin working from home again. After about 2 months of working together my co-workers and I begin getting on one another's nerves. There's usually a 2 month break between reviews and believe me those breaks are soooooo necessary. Don't know if we'll have two months this year as our first review started really behind schedule. Nonetheless try to ignore the co-worker or you could cuss is tail out (without using curse words and being professional) one good time and he would probably leave you alone.

Choco- Have you ever had a skin-fold test done? They are pretty accurate, not as accruate as the water BOD-POD one, but that test is like $300 from what I hear. The skin fold is done using these calipers that they squeeze your fat on your tricep and measure, then your upper thigh, then your tummy. Then they come up with your all-around percentage. Its fairly accurate and within 1-2%. Last week I heard our local clinic doing the tests for like $20. I got mine done at the local collge for free. But, maybe check out a local gym? They may have the Skinfold test too? From what I hear, the scales aren't very accurate at all. (Banks, a regular on the site informed me of that one time). But, its such an eye-opener and thats the real number I'm trying to work on. Although the scale should reflect some of that..haha!

Also, I've been great at keeping busy to avoid much contact with Mr. Annoying today. One day, when I'm not so fired up, I will tell him politely that he tends to go too far. But, I can't do it when my emotions are controlling me, I have to wait on a calm day. Thanks for the advice!!!

Are you goin shopping today??? Beautiful summer weather makes me want to shop for fun new clothes/accessories. Good luck! Hope you find some cute stuff!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Choco- Have you ever had a skin-fold test done? They are pretty accurate, not as accruate as the water BOD-POD one, but that test is like $300 from what I hear. The skin fold is done using these calipers that they squeeze your fat on your tricep and measure, then your upper thigh, then your tummy. Then they come up with your all-around percentage. Its fairly accurate and within 1-2%. Last week I heard our local clinic doing the tests for like $20. I got mine done at the local collge for free. But, maybe check out a local gym? They may have the Skinfold test too? From what I hear, the scales aren't very accurate at all. (Banks, a regular on the site informed me of that one time). But, its such an eye-opener and thats the real number I'm trying to work on. Although the scale should reflect some of that..haha!

Also, I've been great at keeping busy to avoid much contact with Mr. Annoying today. One day, when I'm not so fired up, I will tell him politely that he tends to go too far. But, I can't do it when my emotions are controlling me, I have to wait on a calm day. Thanks for the advice!!!

Are you goin shopping today??? Beautiful summer weather makes me want to shop for fun new clothes/accessories. Good luck! Hope you find some cute stuff!

I have heard of the skin fold test but need to look into where I can get one done and i'm sure as heck not paying $300 for a test.

I'm not going shopping today but will hit a few stores this weekend since I still need belts, purses, bracelets, necklaces etc. I really hope I find what I need b/c I'm pretty much over shopping for this trip. I'm ready for the trip to arrive and the opportunity to hang out w/my two best girlfriends.

Hope you have a great weekend. What are you and hubby getting into?
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies! sorry I was MIA today again. been kinda crazy at work. i started off the day with a breakfast meeting @ 7am. I think I made a good choice I ordered a veggie omelette with hashbrowns and toast. I only ate about half cuz the plate was huge. I think I needed a strong breakfast to help me stay fuller longer. then I had a nice lunch and there's a whole big thing going on at work I will explain later.

anyhooo will check back in tonight!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all, I'm posting late today b/c I have been rippin and running all morning. I've finally returned to the house and wanted to post before relaxing for the rest of the day. Today is week 2 day 6 of the P90X program and Kenpo X has been completed.

I hope everyone else is having a great day. I will try to check back later but I'm so sleepy right now that I'm unsure if it will happen but nonetheless everyone enjoy their day.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    good afternoon ladies. i'm finally out of the 170's now into the 160's finally the pounds are moving down. hopefully i'll lose more before TOM pays me a visit. i hate when TOM comes around. i hope everyone else is reaching their goals and we all are looking great. we all are workout warriors.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Terri_Swim2-1.jpg

I took this photo today in preparation for the L.A. trip. I wanted to see if I was ready to rock the 2 piece. While I'm definitely not where I would love to be, I do feel comfortable enough to rock the swimsuit.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! It's a rainy day here in GA and my arthritic knee and back are already bothering me. It is definitely one of those days where all you want to do is lay in the bed and chill but no can do. Today is week 3 day 1 of the P90X program and the Chest and Back routine is complete. It's amazing what increasing your weights can do for a workout. I had been using 8 lb weights but today I began w/10 lbs. I could tell I could use heavier weights for some of the moves but since 10 lb weights were all I had I decided to also use my 3 lb weights for a total of 13 lb. I was definitely feeling the burn by the last 3 reps.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check in later.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Good morning ladies! while I did not have time to post during the weekend, I did log in and log my food and workouts.

I have great news! first of all May is the month that I will kick my butt into gear...so Saturday I started back up on the shred. and wow what a difference it makes when I really concentrate on the moves and make sure my form is correct for each rep. Before I didnt really feel anything but today I am feeling it in my back and shoulders a little from finally doing pushups correctly.
    I am really excited about this month, I am going to be so serious about everything and stop slacking.

Choco: Great job on the 13lbs, u go girl! and I definately think u can rock the 2piece, I wudnt even be brave enough to take a picture much less post it. Last time I tried on a two piece I ordered online and I sent it right back! I'm no where near ready.
    The other good news I will save for later becuz its so new, I'm scared to talk about it but its definately good news! and no I'm not preggo lol.

Porterbaby: Can't believe u are down to the 160's already! I shud be there with u by now but I sure will try to catch up. By the way I love it when you say "Workout Warriors" it actually motivates me to kill it during my workouts.

Dawna: hope ur doing great!