So at what weight do women actually respond to a guy?

Options

Replies

• GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I never was approched by guys at clubs or bars. My husband said he never went up to girls because all they wanted was free drinks and didn't want to actually get to know him... but then again I live in Utah.

We connected via the internet thru myspace hahahaah myspace.

We got to know each other first before meeting and have been together ever since (over 7 years). he weighed 190 at the time... now he weighs 290 and I don't feel any differently about him :) He makes me laugh and keep me mentally stimulated.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You're walking up to the wrong girls.

Truth.

/thread
  • willwillywilson
    Options

Truth.

/thread

This has been the most given answer. Now I just need to figure out exactly what the "right" girl is then. Anyone want to tackle that one?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Wrong, wrong and triple wrong. Gah, men, don't ever take dating advice from women.

*All* women will reject based on any reason they feel like, and that doesn't make them the "wrong girls". There is no way to deduce who the "right" and "wrong" women are up front. Zero.

It's true, if she's the modelesque and has the *****face on, it's probably not going to work. But that's certainly not his problem. Only confident types immune to rejection tend to have the balls to do that sort of thing. Even if it was, it's her right to reject you, don't do it for her.

The right answer was: he needs confidence at any weight. Don't take rejection personally, just move on happily. There's plenty of women out there. They make new ones EVERY DAY.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

Truth.

/thread

This has been the most given answer. Now I just need to figure out exactly what the "right" girl is then. Anyone want to tackle that one?

You' ve had that too, it' s girls who like the same **** you like.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Truth.

/thread

Well short of handing out a questionaire, I guess there's no foolproof way to tell. I would start by rejecting all those that don't respond to your smile with one back. Then reject all those that don't respond to smalltalk by giving you smalltalk back. Youre left with women who have smiled at you and given you some of their time..... not a bad place to start
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Wrong, wrong and triple wrong. Gah, men, don't ever take dating advice from women.

*All* women will reject based on any reason they feel like, and that doesn't make them the "wrong girls". There is no way to deduce who the "right" and "wrong" women up. Zero.

It's true, if she's the modelesque and has the *****face on, it's probably not going to work. But that's certainly not his problem. Only confident types immune to rejection tend to have the balls to do that sort of thing. And even if it was, it's HER job to reject you. Don't do it for her.

The right answer was: he needs confidence at any weight. Don't take rejection personally, just move on happily. There's plenty of women out there. They make new ones EVERY DAY.

I've already said my piece in here... but I do like this guy's answer. I think this is spot on.

Another thing... women do NOT like men who give up easily. I personally can't stand it and can smell it from miles away. Get some immunity going for you, buddy. Good luck.

ETA: Because men who give up that easily in the game sure as hell won't make it through all the tribulations of life with them and "protect" the woman... feminazis, come at me. I can handle you.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

*All* women will reject based on any reason they feel like, and that doesn't make them the "wrong girls". There is no way to deduce who the "right" and "wrong" women up. Zero.

It's true, if she's the modelesque and has the *****face on, it's probably not going to work. But that's certainly not his problem. Only confident types immune to rejection tend to have the balls to do that sort of thing. And even if it was, it's HER job to reject you. Don't do it for her.

I've already said my piece in here... but I do like this guy's answer. I think this is spot on.

Another thing... women do NOT like men who give up easily. I personally can't stand it and can smell it from miles away. Get some immunity going for you, buddy. Good luck.

ETA: Because men who give up that easily in the game sure as hell won't make it through all the tribulations of life with them and "protect" the woman... feminazis, come at me. I can handle you.

Define giving up easily.

And +1 Sexmaniac. "wrong girls" is complete bull****.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

Define giving up easily.

Right, do, because there's a fine line between 'not giving up' and 'being a stalkerish creepster'.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    all you need is three things.. Confidence, humor and a little bit of swag.
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Look, I am being 100% honest with you - most women are not that shallow. It is not just about a guys looks. Yes, of course, being human beings it is in our nature to judge someone based on their physical appearance, but for me personally, it is more than just that. It really does come to the personality and the persons energy. Some people are just positive and have great vibes around them, and I find myself drawn to that more than anything. A perfectly ordinary looking guy could have a great energy and personality, and it would make him that much more attractive to me. I didn't think my first boyfriend in highschool was all that hot upon first glance, but once I got to know him, I feel deeply in love with him and the attraction came.

Also, it could be about how you are approaching them. I don't have any idea, so can't comment on that, but I would say focus working on your inside - your attitude, energy and confidence, and perhaps you will find that more women are drawn to you.
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options

YESS!! listen to this!!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It depends on the girl...
    I dated a guy who was about 230 or so (I was about 100 pounds less than him so he was quite a bit bigger than me) and about 6' tall. I didn't care that he was not healthy/overweight/etc. I like(d) his personality*
    *however after we were together for a bit his personality went to crap and that was done and over with.
  • JenKillough
    Options

Define giving up easily.

In this guy's case, never figured he'd make it to "stalker" status... but ok.

There's a huge difference in a stalker and an average guy who wants something really bad. I could hack out a characterization of them both. But that'd be tedious, wouldn't it?

I know that in my first year of marriage to my husband (our anniversary is Sunday, btw) there have been times when I've pushed him to go the extra mile in proving that he has staying power. I also did it before the marriage. He's passed the tests. I know the OP isn't anywhere close to a marriage yet... but he's facing the biggest hurdle right now. Approaching complete strangers in bars.

My husband followed me for over one year on Facebook, attempted several times to chat with me and I didn't respond... not because I was a *****, but because I simply was being bombarded by other men at the time. I failed to even notice his chat attempts. He had to make himself stand out from the crowd... and he's an extremely laid back and very private person. So it was out of character for him to approach me in the way he did a few times. We had several phone calls where I was basically thinking... yeah, right. Weak. Laughing a little at his extreme politeness. But what I didn't realize is he is one persistent, hard as nails guy underneath all that. I underestimated him on face value.

He pursued me for over a year before we ever met face to face. And when we met, I had a plane ticket out of the country to Ireland! I was planning on leaving and never coming back... Lol. Never mind all the loose ends I would have to tie up. He was facing almost sure rejection at that point, when he found out I had plans to travel and even leave the country. He seemed unmovable. And persistent in the face of great odds, I thought. He even psyched me out a bit... and that's hard to do. He knew that if he could get the chance to take me on a date, he'd probably win... and that's because of his confidence in himself. Deep down confidence... not arrogance or showiness.

So that's a case of not giving up easily.

ETA: And when he met me, he discovered I was battling an addiction. That didn't deter him. He received major life points for that. And I'm now winning the battle.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • JenKillough
    Options
    And I don't think I made a clear distinction there in what would be "stalkerish"... a stalker would not CARE that a person seems uninterested, or would miss the signs of true rejection...

Someone who persists in pursuing what they want... they are open-minded and clear-headed about rejection signs. Weighing the pros & cons... not just bulldozing ahead for the target regardless.

A stalker treats his target as an object... not a person. Or as a conquest. It's all about the stalker, not the interaction.

But when someone like the OP seems easily convinced that women are just being difficult or *****es because of his weight... it shows women that he is more focused on himself than he is on them... or his interaction with them. So, in a sense, what the stalker and the guy who gives up easily have in common: self-absorption
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Look, I am being 100% honest with you - most women are not that shallow.

Chit Chat section of MFP - majority women... Current topics....

Show us your beards - a thread about how sexy guys look with beards
    Would you date the person above you part 17 - thread about dating based on looks alone -PART 17!!!
    Hottest person on MFP - speaks for itself
    What's sexy about the person above you part 17 - PART SEVENTEEN AGAIN
    Profile creeping - thread about picking out hot guys/girls on MFP
    Cutest thing about the person above you part 12 - another!

And my favourite:
    Rate the person above you only if you can handle the truth, part 63! - essentially 1000s and 1000s of posts judging people on their looks
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion, but persistence on the guy's part tells the girl that she is worth the effort, and gives her that little self-esteem boost. Not much to do with protection. At all.
    MotokoSmile.gif
  • JenKillough
    Options
    Personal opinion, but persistence on the guy's part tells the girl that she is worth the effort, and gives her that little self-esteem boost. Not much to do with protection. At all.
    MotokoSmile.gif

Sure, it does. And for long-term... that she is worth protecting.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Look, I am being 100% honest with you - most women are not that shallow.

Chit Chat section of MFP - majority women... Current topics....

Show us your beards - a thread about how sexy guys look with beards
    Would you date the person above you part 17 - thread about dating based on looks alone -PART 17!!!
    Hottest person on MFP - speaks for itself
    What's sexy about the person above you part 17 - PART SEVENTEEN AGAIN
    Profile creeping - thread about picking out hot guys/girls on MFP
    Cutest thing about the person above you part 12 - another!

And my favourite:
    Rate the person above you only if you can handle the truth, part 63! - essentially 1000s and 1000s of posts judging people on their looks

The "show us your beard" was in response to another post where someone asked about how a guy cares for his beard.

The other threads you mentioned.... well there are many of us who have never commented or looked at those threads. Well, I never looked at the beard one either, but I commented on the original thread the idea was taken from.