So at what weight do women actually respond to a guy?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You're walking up to the wrong girls.

Perfect response.

Try to meet women who are into the same hobbies as you. Try going to meetups or joining some clubs. Trying to pickup random women is not going to go well.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

This^^
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    This.

My husband is 6'2", 230 lbs. He's got a bit of chunk in his tummy trunk, but he's still a dead sexy beast.

Oh, and I approached him.

He's my type of man! Almost the description of what I like to a 't'

I think women face the same issues, it's ridiculous. I agree alot of self confidence and also the right people
  • hollyjane77
    Options

What she said!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options

This!

EXACTLY THIS.........
  • forsettii
    Options
    I started here at 5'11" and 288 pounds. I have a personality where I make "Friends" at the gas station. I have lost 67 pounds. I find people looking at me at odd times. My goal is to still get to 200 pounds. I don't want to look sickly. But This was the first summer at the beach that I took my shirt off.

Thus get comfortable in your skin and the rest will fall into place.
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

This. Seriously. I don't know where you're meeting these girls, but if that's the atmosphere I'd try a new place.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I ditto the wrong girls comments. You are attractive to me :) I don't have the conventional girl "type" though!
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I cant speak for all girls but...290 or 245 or anything higher or lower doesnt matter to me. Personality is the most important to me. Theres plenty of girls like that to, so just have to find them. But it doesnt matter to me.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    178lb. So much as 1lb more or less and I'm out.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I ditto the wrong girls comments. You are attractive to me :) I don't have the conventional girl "type" though!

awwwwwwwwwwwww!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You're either approaching the wrong girls, or using the wrong approach. This may sound a little shallow but if you are a little (or a lot) overweight still you are probably going to have to work a bit harder to win a girl over with your personality. Any girl worth your time knows that personality is what matters in the end, so you just need to find a way to make yours shine. It can be a little difficult to break down that barrier in a short amount of time. That's why the situation that you are approaching the women is probably important too. Bars are generally not a great place to meet people of the opposite sex.

Been said already but confidence and humour are key
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't think weight has anything to do with it. At least not for me. It's all about personality.
  • SaraRhiannon421
    SaraRhiannon421 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So when I was 290 the last girl I approached before starting my weight loss back up literally turned around on walked away without acknowledging me. At 245 I guess things have improved in the sense they'll talk to me for 30 seconds until they come up with an excuse to get away but still. So guys who have lost weight or to all the women out there, when does it actually get better? I mean do I need to be a fitness model or something because that's probably a bit out of reach.

you are very handsome. if girls cant see that, its their own self esteem related problem... you should be running away just as fast. i don't see ANY reason for women to be running away from you!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yep, wrong girls.

My hubby was 6'2" 350ish when I met him. He was the sexiest man alive then and still is at 85pounds lighter. (I'm the one who has put on a few LOL)
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This^^
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You're either approaching the wrong girls, or using the wrong approach. This may sound a little shallow but if you are a little (or a lot) overweight still you are probably going to have to work a bit harder to win a girl over with your personality. Any girl worth your time knows that personality is what matters in the end, so you just need to find a way to make yours shine. It can be a little difficult to break down that barrier in a short amount of time. That's why the situation that you are approaching the women is probably important too. Bars are generally not a great place to meet people of the opposite sex.

Been said already but confidence and humour are key

The girl in the footsie pajamas likes a good sense of humor...there's a suprise!